+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cupertino City Council Unanimously Approves Apple's Proposed Campus

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
As expected, late Tuesday evening the Cupertino California City Council unanimously authorized Apple to proceed with its so-called spaceship campus. We're told that a "standing-room only" crowd was jam-packed into
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,471 Times in 558 Posts

Default Cupertino City Council Unanimously Approves Apple's Proposed Campus

As expected, late Tuesday evening the Cupertino California City Council unanimously authorized Apple to proceed with its so-called spaceship campus.

We're told that a "standing-room only" crowd was jam-packed into the council chambers long before the meeting commenced.

"Steve [Jobs] transformed Apple into one of the most innovative companies in the world and we understand the responsibilities that come from carrying his legacy forward with this project," Apple's head of real estate and facilities Dan Whisenhunt told the City Council. "We've designed it with the same care and attention to detail as we do with all Apple products."

The structure itself, which won't be completed until well into 2015, will feature solar panels covering the roof, an underground parking structure and be camouflaged by thousands of new trees planted on the grounds.

Although some concerns were expressed during the meeting - mostly due to traffic and related congestion issues - most residents were supportive of the new campus.

"As my mom used to say, 'don't bite the hand that feeds you,'" Cupertino resident Carol Baker told the Council. "If we don't honor Apple with this building, they'll leave. There's no reason for them to stay here and be loyal to a community that doesn't support them. But if they left, it would be a disaster for the city."

Source: Mercury News

Thanks

Umm...wouldn't you want that approval before you lay a stone? haha!

dsg
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,478 Times in 612 Posts

nvm

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

I want to visit this campus when it is completed. Will truly be a marvel of engineering.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fanboyfanboy View Post
    I want to visit this campus when it is completed. Will truly be a marvel of engineering.
    nah, a true marvel is the Burj Tower in Dubai.

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    nah, a true marvel is the Burj Tower in Dubai.
    I partially agree, the burj tower is a marvel In the height achievements It accomplished, but I believe the apple 'spaceship' campus is a marvel in architecture

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Is that a extremely large Apple Store in the front? I would love to be able to visit this place some day!!!