Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Vintage, Functional Apple I Expected To Sell for $500,000

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,481 Times in 567 Posts

Default Vintage, Functional Apple I Expected To Sell for $500,000

From auctions at Christie's to historic finds on eBay, vintage Apple products - or even components - have a history of taking top dollar among collectors and Apple fans alike.

Such is the case once again today with regard to a fully functional Apple I that still comes with its original packaging. All told, it could fetch upwards of $500,000 next month when it heads for auction.

"The computer, which is in working order, comes from the first batch of 50 computers by Apple’s first client, the Byte Shop," says Radhika Sanghani, of the U.K. Telegraph.

It is known as ‘No. 46’ and will be auctioned on November 16 by AuctionTeamBreker of Cologne, Germany.
    Earlier this year, another 1976 Apple 1 Computer sold for a record £437,746 at auction. And this will likely be no different, especially with the clever marketing at work behind the scheduled auction.

"It is being billed as ‘Straight from Steve Jobs' Bedroom’ as it appears in a photograph of Jobs’ bedroom in his parental house, with a stack of identical boxes," Sanghani writes.

Source: U.K. Telegraph

I would get that but I don't have the money too. I bet some rich snob will win it or insane apple fan geek

Quote Originally Posted by TechKing101 View Post
    I would get that but I don't have the money too. I bet some rich snob will win it or insane apple fan geek
    can't wait to see a guy from a country that almost no one has heard of buy it for $750,000.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LaddersRCool For This Useful Post:

H4CK3R (10-16-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TechKing101 View Post
    Start with using correct English. Don't moan your lack of success: everyone has their own story and no one gives a flying funk about yours.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to *T* For This Useful Post:

Rcworship (10-16-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone rockyseay's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by *T* View Post
    Start with using correct English. Don't moan your lack of success: everyone has their own story and no one gives a flying funk about yours.
    You mad bro? You must be mad bro.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Why is there always some troll hating on what others post? Last time I checked everyone is free to express their own opinion regardless if its spelt right or if the right grammar was used. Let it be man.

iPhone? More like MyPhone dannyrocket's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by *T* View Post

Haha. I'm pretty sure nobody belonging to this forum could afford the 500K for anything let alone a computer and that surely would include yourself.
    Maybe step down from that pedestal that you put yourself up on and join the rest of us in reality.