+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tim Cook Lauds Apple's New Head of Retail

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
After a search that was both wide in scope and long in length, Apple has snagged some major talent to head its retail operations. Meet Angela Ahrendts, Apple's new retail
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default Tim Cook Lauds Apple's New Head of Retail

After a search that was both wide in scope and long in length, Apple has snagged some major talent to head its retail operations.

Meet Angela Ahrendts, Apple's new retail chief. If you're not familiar with Angela, there are plenty of folks across the pond who are. As it turns out, Ms. Ahrendts was Great Britain's highest paid Chief Executive Officer who ushered in an era of remarkable success and prosperity at Burberry.

This morning, Apple CEO Tim Cook formally announced the arrival of Angela Ahrendts and lavished praise on this remarkable executive who now has the responsibility of guiding a retail operation unlike any other.

"I am thrilled to announce that Angela Ahrendts will be joining Apple as a senior vice president and member of our executive team, reporting directly to me," Cook wrote in a note to Apple employees.

It should be noted that Ms. Ahrendts placed number 53 this year in the 2013 edition of the Forbes World's Most Powerful Women list.

She will lead both our retail and online teams. I have wanted one person to lead both of these teams for some time because I believe it will better serve our customers, but I had never met anyone whom I felt confident could lead both until I met Angela. We met for the first time last January, and I knew in that meeting that I wanted her to join Apple. We've gotten to know each other over the past several months and I've left each conversation even more impressed.
    "She shares our values and our focus on innovation," Cook continued. "She places the same strong emphasis as we do on the customer experience. She cares deeply about people and embraces our view that our most important resource and our soul is our people... I am sure as all of you meet her, you will see why I am so excited that she is joining our executive team. I'd like to add a special thanks to all of our retail leaders. Your strength, talent and leadership afforded me the luxury of taking the time to perform an exhaustive search to find the best person in the world for this role."

Sources: Apple, image via MoneyPages

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,615 Times in 672 Posts

She has that assertiveness and take charge/control look about her LOL

Thanks

Wow! Can't wait to see what she can do with Apple..should be awesome!

Thanks

I'd hit it.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
    I'd hit it.
    ewww