+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Offering iTunes Credit to those who Bought iWork, iMovie or iPhoto After Sept. 1

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    Thanks

Default Apple Offering iTunes Credit to those who Bought iWork, iMovie or iPhoto After Sept. 1

Apple has recently begun offering iTunes credit to customers who purchased both a new iOS device and iPhoto, iMovie, or the iWork suite of apps after September 1. For those of you who didn’t know, on September 10, Apple announced that the aforementioned apps would be free to customers purchasing an eligible iOS device. At this time, some users had purchased eligible devices earlier in the month and then gone on to buy one or more of Apple’s productivity or creativity apps. Now, the Cupertino California company is sending out notifications to those customers that they are eligible for an iTunes credit in the value of the total cost of the apps they purchased.

This iTunes credit can be used toward the purchase of any content in the iTunes Store be it an app, an iBook, or music. Pages, Numbers and Keynote all sell for $10 in the App Store while Apple’s iMovie and iPhoto sell for $5 each. Due to Apple’s pricing change, customers buying a new iPhone, iPod or iPad are now receiving $40 in free software. In the case of the iWork suite, users now have a relatively platform agnostic solution as the productivity suite works on desktop and notebook browsers as well as on iOS devices thanks to Apple’s release of iWork for iCloud.

Source: MacRumors

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

So basically the promo never happened?? People who bought new devices had no way to claim their free Apple Apps?? So they paid instead of trying to figure out why they weren't free??
    Not the first time an Apple Promo wasn't working…

Green Apple
    Thanks

I got my refund email!

Very decent of Apple to offer refunds.

iPhone? More like MyPhone holyshnikes's Avatar
    Thanks

If you set up a new device they showed up as free. But if you restored from a backup they didn't.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to holyshnikes For This Useful Post:

zrevai (10-12-2013)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

This is good for those that bought the apps. I think it's a slap in the face to iPhone 5 owners. I paid 199 for a iPhone and get nothing, yet someone buys a 5C (a iPhone 5 in a new housing) for 99.00 gets this for free. Doesn't seem right to me.
    I'm not sure if the 4S is included in this as well, if it is that is even worse.
    I've sent a email to Apple, but haven't got a reply yet.

Thanks

I completely agree that if the $99 iPhone 5c is getting these Apps for free, then all previous iPhone 5 purchasers should be entitled to a potential refund of the same set of Apple Apps. Or a free download of the Apps if they have not purchased them yet, even a credit for the price of the Apps total is fine.

I mean the 5c is just an iPhone 5 with a throw back to the iPhone 3G/3Gs back cover squared out like the iPad mini and in multiple colors. At its core the specs are almost identical between iPhone 5 & 5c.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I think Apple made a smart move refunding back for those who bought them with eligible devices just before the announcement. They didn't have an idea about the 'promo' and had they they might have waited the extra time to buy it.

To those who are complaining about buying a 5 and not getting the apps free: if you bought the phone before 9/1, then no you don't deserve it. It's not any different if you bought an iPhone a year ago and claim you 'deserve' a partial refund because it dropped in price after the buyer's remorse phase.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

iPhone? More like MyPhone ohthatguyagain's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zrevai View Post
    I completely agree that if the $99 iPhone 5c is getting these Apps for free, then all previous iPhone 5 purchasers should be entitled to a potential refund of the same set of Apple Apps. Or a free download of the Apps if they have not purchased them yet, even a credit for the price of the Apps total is fine.

I mean the 5c is just an iPhone 5 with a throw back to the iPhone 3G/3Gs back cover squared out like the iPad mini and in multiple colors. At its core the specs are almost identical between iPhone 5 & 5c.
    You really should read the tech specs before you make uneducated comments. But that's a cute opinion.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ohthatguyagain View Post
    You really should read the tech specs before you make uneducated comments. But that's a cute opinion.
    He says it's almost identical. Where is the ignorance in that?

Thanks

Here's a comparison of iPhone 5c to iPhone 5 to iPhone 5s. Can you find the 5-6 subtle differences???

http://www.pdf-archive.com/2013/10/1...s-comparisson/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ohthatguyagain View Post
    I did read the specs but clearly you're not smart enough to know the 5c is the 2% improved over the now discontinued iPhone 5 replacement.

Thanks

Once again a big brand name shows favour to new customers whilst putting two fingers up to its loyal ones. It's not just Apple, many do.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to baskie For This Useful Post:

gameguy95 (10-14-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by holyshnikes View Post
    If you set up a new device they showed up as free. But if you restored from a backup they didn't.
    I restored from a backup and got them for free…

Thanks

The entitlement that Apple Fanboys think they should have is unreal.

Thanks

I bought a 5 9/17 and my wife a 5c a week ago no they are not showing up as free

Green Apple
    Thanks

I got my 5S, and restored from backup. At first they didn't show up as free, but after about an hour, I checked again, and they showed up as free.

Thanks
    How about those of us who purchased it before then at $19.99?! Thanks a lot Apple 👎 Give us at least a gift card or something 💰

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ZSakowski For This Useful Post:

gameguy95 (10-14-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZSakowski View Post
    How about those of us who purchased it before then at $19.99?! Thanks a lot Apple 👎 Give us at least a gift card or something 💰
    It was never $19.99, they release iWork apps for $9.99 each with imovie and iPhoto being release at $4.99.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I got my free apps I had to update it when I got my 5s , I had to call theme they said run 7.2 to get it which sucked a update out of the box

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
    It was never $19.99, they release iWork apps for $9.99 each with imovie and iPhoto being release at $4.99.
    That's still almost $30... And now they are free. Obviously it is more important for you to comment on the price I quoted rather than understand the point being made 👏👏👏👏