+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Reportedly Hiring Engineers to Improve Future Mac Battery Life and Performance

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Apple is reportedly on the lookout for engineers that will take part in making future versions of Mac OS X perform better and make them even more power-efficient on modern
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,045 Times in 767 Posts

Default Apple Reportedly Hiring Engineers to Improve Future Mac Battery Life and Performance

Apple is reportedly on the lookout for engineers that will take part in making future versions of Mac OS X perform better and make them even more power-efficient on modern Mac machines.

Citing AppleInsider, Anthony Chivetta one of the team members that works on OS X, Tweeted links to job openings on Apple’s Web site and noted that his team was hiring engineers that could get the job done.

OS X Mavericks will come with a number of new features and under-the-hood improvements, such as App Nap to name one, that are aimed at increasing battery life and performance on Apple’s machines. OS X Mavericks will also include a number of other features, such as Maps, iBooks, and Finder tabs.

Apple is also taking advantage of Intel's new Haswell processors, which in themselves are also more power efficient and offer performance boosts over their predecessors. Apple now needs their software to play along nicely with the new hardware, and that's where the engineers come in.

Name: AppleInsider
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 10-07-2013 at 04:14 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

How about improving the battery life in there smartphones? I think this would be more important.