Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Report: Apple May Sell 10M 'iWatches' in Product's First Year

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,481 Times in 567 Posts

Default Report: Apple May Sell 10M 'iWatches' in Product's First Year

Apple's often-rumored but still-unconfirmed smartwatch dubbed the iWatch by the blogosphere could see huge sales in its first year of availability.

Although we may not see the aforementioned smartwatch until well into 2014, investment firm Piper Jaffray suspects that strong sales are practically assured.

A new poll suggests that 4 percent of iPhone owners already want the non-existent device and classify themselves as being likely "early adopters." Piper Jaffray's survey led to the firm's subsequent projection that Apple may sell at least 10 million units of the "iWatch" in its first year of availability.

"While we do not view the watch as a likely needle-mover for Apple in terms of revenue in 2014, we put it in a similar category as the television in that it could demonstrate Apple’s ability to innovate (good for the multiple) and potentially lead to a more meaningful new product category in wearable tech," says Piper Jaffray analyst and resident Apple watcher Gene Munster.

Source: Apple Insider

Thanks

Not sure about this one. Whats next smart ear rings that change color with a woman's outfit?? I guess its cause im not a watch wearer. Make me a believer

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    Not sure about this one. Whats next smart ear rings that change color with a woman's outfit?? I guess its cause im not a watch wearer. Make me a believer
    I don't think its because you are not a watch wearer. I love watches and I have zero desire to get one of these. Maybe its because I am old fashion and prefer analog.
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

I have a Pebble and love it, although i havent worn it in a few days, wasnt a watch wearer before but i had always wanted a watch, just not the same kind i see every other guy wearing so i got a pebble dont know if i'd get the apple watch

Guys it's Piper "Where's my Apple HDTV" Jaffray from Gene muster. What do you expect?

The only way I can see this selling so many is if they let any smartphone connect to it not just iphones.
    I dont know anyone with an iPhone anymore as everyone has switched to Android as its so much better now and the iPhone has become a joke. (I know, more of a joke that it was)

No thanks, I have plenty of radiation going threw my body already. Then people wonder why cancer has spread like wildfire.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

I would buy one however if it looked like that I wouldn't.

"Always remember your special and unique!"

This article lost all creditability when the word "may" was put into it.
    I may become a billionaire before i hit 30
    Apple may be bought out by google
    Blackberry may rise to the top if and or but they wont

Just because people want to buy an item doesn't mean they will. We don't even know if such device exists, we for sure don't know a price point for it. Heck I bet if we did a poll on how many people would want a true apple tv tons of people would want it but if Apple came out with a 4K+ price point how many would actually be sold.

Sorry articles like this upset me
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Isn't this Apple smart watch thing just a rumor, anyway? We've got no proof of its existence. It could just be a whimsical internal R&D toy at this point and for the foreseeable future. Apple isn't exactly hurting for new product lines, they're doing just fine with the iPhone and iPads.