+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Recently Posted Job Listing Points toward Apple Releasing iTunes Radio in Canada

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    Thanks

Default Recently Posted Job Listing Points toward Apple Releasing iTunes Radio in Canada

Apple’s streaming music service, iTunes Radio, which debuted alongside iOS 7 is currently limited to users in the United States. This is something that may change in the near future as Apple appears to be preparing to launch the service in Canada. According to a recent job listing posted by Apple, the company is seeking an iTunes Canada Music Programmer who will be responsible for overseeing the programming of iTunes Radio in Canada. The following is a part of the job description:

The Canadian Music Programmer will be responsible for the programming of iTunes Radio and the iTunes Music store in Canada. This particular role will report directly to the Head of Music for the Canadian iTunes store, and will be responsible for working cross-functionally across a variety of teams including Editorial, Label Relations, Marketing, Sales, Production & Engineering, and more.

The Canadian Music Programmer will be an editorial voice of iTunes Radio, and will be responsible for keeping the product current. This person must have a passion for and deep knowledge of music across numerous genres and decades, and must demonstrate the ability to objectively program content relevant to iTunes customers.
    Job responsibilities for the position include identifying and promoting new songs and priority releases, highlighting content, and managing the weekly scheduling and programming process.

When taking a look at other services similar to iTunes Radio such as iTunes Match, it should be noted that they were also released exclusively in the United States back in November of 2011 before rolling out to international markets a month later. Though Apple hasn’t hinted at a timeline for the international availability of iTunes Radio, it is possible that the rollout fo the service could follow a similar timeline. This means it would become available over the coming months as Apple negotiates licensing deals for each country.

Based on Apple’s senior vice president of Internet software and services Eddy Cue, bringing iTunes Radio to the rest of the world is a top priority for Apple. The company is aiming for it to be released in “more than 100 countries.”

Source: Apple via 9to5Mac

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks
    I guess they are moving it to canada

Livin the iPhone Life littlelisa63's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,521 Times in 908 Posts

Think it should come to the uk

iPhone? More like MyPhone Mc-Lovin_341's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by littlelisa63 View Post
    Think it should come to the uk
    Just change your iTunes account to US and you get iTunes Radio in your music library

Livin the iPhone Life littlelisa63's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,521 Times in 908 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mc-Lovin_341 View Post
    Just change your iTunes account to US and you get iTunes Radio in your music library
    Where would I change it...on the phone or PC?
    Thanks

Banned
    Thanks

Pathetic Apple. You advertise iTunes Radio as a big new feature but only let USA have it. Really pathetic.

Thanks

Good thing is it doesn't use location services to see if you're in the US or not, as long as you have an iTunes ID with location : USA. You're good.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have a question I have my iPhone on 6.1.2 jailbroken can I use iTunes radio or is it only available on iOS 7?

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm not impressed with iTunes Radio, don't see what the big deal is.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

This should have been done in the first place, I updated iTunes and The iPad and iPhone for iTunes radio but it didn't show up. So I did some research abd sure enough.

Thanks

iTunes radio is terrible. It repeats songs, plays songs I've marked as Never Play, and its selection algorithm is bizarre. All the competing services are far better.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    I'm not impressed with iTunes Radio, don't see what the big deal is.
    I've found it to play a much better selection of songs than pandora... The big deal is: it's a new option for music listeners... I haven't listened to regular radio in over a decade, I've used pandora for many years now and love it... If you stream pandora 4 days a week 8 hours a day then the radio like repetition starts to show with pandora... Now, iTunes Radio is another option for me... Plus, I spend hundreds of dollars a month on music via iTunes and having that buy option in the upper right hand corner of the song playing is super convenient... So mister hogcia, nothing too new or revolutionary with iTunes Radio, just another streaming option for us music addicts who dislike and avoid regular radio stations... iTunes Radio is also integrated into the stock music app which I think is super dope...

Quote Originally Posted by buggsy2 View Post
    iTunes radio is terrible. It repeats songs, plays songs I've marked as Never Play, and its selection algorithm is bizarre. All the competing services are far better.
    Whoa, that sucks bruddah... I have had the complete opposite experience...

Quote Originally Posted by crzyklr View Post
    I have a question I have my iPhone on 6.1.2 jailbroken can I use iTunes radio or is it only available on iOS 7?
    Only on iOS 7...

Quote Originally Posted by smith01 View Post
    Pathetic Apple. You advertise iTunes Radio as a big new feature but only let USA have it. Really pathetic.
    Baby steps man, we live in a fast paced technological world that has gotten us accustomed to getting and doing things quicker and faster... Try pushing out a radio streaming station to hundreds of millions of devices around the world all at the same time... Things in life still take time homie, not everything is all instantaneous now days... It is a big new feature, and by only starting off in one of the larger countries in the world (where Apple happens to be based) is not pathetic, it's practical...

Quote Originally Posted by littlelisa63 View Post
    Where would I change it...on the phone or PC?
    Thanks
    Prolly can change it either place, but maybe on iTunes via your PC would be the spot...
    Last edited by Sage I; 10-06-2013 at 12:06 PM.