Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Releases OS X 10.9 Mavericks Golden Master to its Developers

Thanks

Default Apple Releases OS X 10.9 Mavericks Golden Master to its Developers

Just shortly after Apple announced a new OS X Mavericks build was available to AppleSeed members, the Cupertino California company released a Golden Master version of the next-gen operating system to developers. Two weeks after the last Mavericks Developer Preview was pushed out, Apple made the OS X 10.9 GM available to developers. This seems to be the final version that will ultimately be released to the public when Apple launches the OS in the coming weeks.

Alongside the OS X GM, Apple also released the Golden Master of Xcode 5.0.1, which will likely debut alongside Mavericks. Apple is rumored to be planning a release for OS X 10.9 Mavericks sometime in October, though an official date hasnít been announced. When the new OS X finally releases to Macs around the world, it will bring support for iBooks, new Finder Tabs, integrated Apple Maps, the power-saving App Nap function, and Compressed Memory along with other new features.

Source: Apple

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

I'm enjoying this version more than Lion or Mountain Lion, easily. Eager to see how that iCloud keychain is implemented, whenever they green-light it. Although not something I find quite as practical on my laptops/desktops, iBooks and Maps look great - particularly on the Retina screens. I'm sure they're going to be hard at work, tweaking some of the UI to more closely line up with their iOS overhaul - not sure I'd care for that. I enjoy the subtle aluminum motif they go with currently.

The one issue I'm having isn't really a Mavericks thing - although it has seemingly gotten worse and worse since I've been using the Dev. Previews - it's iTunes itself. I think it's iTunes 11 that's the problem. Constant hanging. Can't add artwork or it freezes, requiring a Forced Quit. Features located nonsensically. A shame iTunes has become such a bloated and user-unfriendly mess that it has. And this is on a Mac... I don't even want to imagine it on Windows.
    Reminding you all that YOU'RE YOUR

Thanks

Now I just need Mavericks PostFactor to get it running on my MacPro 1,1 with a 32bit EFI.

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoV View Post
    The one issue I'm having isn't really a Mavericks thing - although it has seemingly gotten worse and worse since I've been using the Dev. Previews - it's iTunes itself. I think it's iTunes 11 that's the problem. Constant hanging. Can't add artwork or it freezes, requiring a Forced Quit. Features located nonsensically. A shame iTunes has become such a bloated and user-unfriendly mess that it has. And this is on a Mac... I don't even want to imagine it on Windows.
    I haven't noticed any operational issues in iTunes 11 on either Mavericks or Mountain Lion. My library is only on the Mountain Lion partition, but I've sure enjoyed the iTunes radio, particularly the ability to create stations and listen to them anywhere. I absolutely love the dual full-screen improvements! Awe, it's the best!

I haven't upgraded the ipad or iPhone yet-waiting on the jailbreak. However, when it happens, I'm looking forward to being able to add notes and highlights to .pdf files in iBooks, then open the synced file-book, study guide, whatever-on the MacBook. Oh yeah!