Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Releases OS X 10.8.5 Supplemental Update With iTunes 11.1.1

Default Apple Releases OS X 10.8.5 Supplemental Update With iTunes 11.1.1

On Thursday, Apple released a supplemental update for Mac OS X 10.8.5 Mountain Lion bringing a variety of bug fixes to the operating system. It's relatively small, but will require a restart after installation, so you'll want to save anything you're doing before you install it. The update is recommended for everyone.

The update addresses the following bugs in OS X Mountain Lion:

• Third party applications having issues using the FaceTime HD camera on 2013 MacBook Air
    • External drives auto-ejecting when putting the computer to sleep
    • Problems causing third-party Bluetooth adapters from working correctly

Also available is a small update for iTunes, dubbed version 11.1.1, which fixes some small bugs, like an issue with iTunes Extras not showing correctly, and a problem that could delete Podcasts unexpectedly. Other stability improvements and bug fixes have also been implemented.

Both updates are available in the Mac App Store, but you can also access them from the  menu in the Menu Bar, and then clicking "Software Update."

What's the difference between a supplemental update and a full system update? I started using OS X only a few months ago.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,873 Times in 1,243 Posts

All I want to know is if iTunes 11.1.1 has fixed the Airplay issue that's plagued almost EVERYONE!

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    What's the difference between a supplemental update and a full system update? I started using OS X only a few months ago.
    It's probably that these updates are important enough to be pushed out now, but not important enough to be given 10.8.6 status.