+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 37 of 37

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Qualcomm Calls A7 CPU in iPhone 5S a "Gimmick" but Hints at its own 64-bit Chip

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
"Hey, iPhone 5S customers: Apple tricked you into thinking the A7 64bit Chip is useful but it's not. You're stupid for buying it! So....we're coming out w/ a phone that
...
  1. #21
    Livin the iPhone Life thazsar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    3,829
    Thanks
    299
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 778 Posts

    "Hey, iPhone 5S customers: Apple tricked you into thinking the A7 64bit Chip is useful but it's not. You're stupid for buying it!

    So....we're coming out w/ a phone that has the exact same thing! Our phone is going to revolutionize the mobile device industry!!! Enjoy!"

    WTH?!?!?!?!

  2. #22
    Livin the iPhone Life slim.jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Maryland, US
    Posts
    1,008
    Thanks
    115
    Thanked 128 Times in 98 Posts

    Another reason besides being first is that Apple now has a huge lead in the app market compared to its competitors. Since they built iOS 7 in 64bit as well, developers can start making apps that support 64bit and test them on 64bit hardware. Other mobile OS developers still have to wait for the 64bit OS before they can start building 64bit apps and then have to wait for 64bit hardware.

  3. #23
    Previously known as weedsmart
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    103
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 23 Times in 15 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    This news is like 4 days old lol
    first time reading it so its news to me, not everyone sits on the homepage waiting for the next article

  4. #24
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    279
    Thanks
    246
    Thanked 450 Times in 137 Posts

    They are just pissed snapdragon doesnt stand a chance with the A7...

  5. #25
    What's Jailbreak? HTheory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    "Hey, iPhone 5S customers: Apple tricked you into thinking the A7 64bit Chip is useful but it's not. You're stupid for buying it!

    So....we're coming out w/ a phone that has the exact same thing! Our phone is going to revolutionize the mobile device industry!!! Enjoy!"

    WTH?!?!?!?!
    Pretty much! "that's dumb, but since Apple did it, we'll do it too" LOL

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Bklyn NY !!
    Posts
    913
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 62 Times in 51 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    Agreed with the above. No matter if his opinion is yay or nay, Apple was first and will lead this new tech in cell phones.
    lmao at your obvious lack of doing any research. apple was NOT the first to put a 64bit CPU into a cell phone, that was already done more than a year ago.


    THE FIRST CELL PHONE WITH A 64 BIT CPU WAS THE Huawei Ascend D Quad


    Gold iPhone, copy of Samsung's numerous offerings. 64 BIT CPU copy of Huawei. live with it.

  7. #27
    .artwork assassin Jato_BZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,876
    Thanks
    2,966
    Thanked 5,248 Times in 1,865 Posts

    ^^^Everyone was waiting for u to come along & tell us this!

    Lookout it's the Android Avenger!

    BEWARE!!!
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (10-03-2013), Simon (10-03-2013)

  9. #28
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,244
    Thanks
    6,599
    Thanked 14,784 Times in 6,877 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    ^^^Everyone was waiting for u to come along & tell us this!

    Lookout it's the Android Avenger!

    BEWARE!!!
    Lmao, Android avenger, love it.

    Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post


    THE FIRST CELL PHONE WITH A 64 BIT CPU WAS THE Huawei Ascend D Quad
    How about, the first to do it where people actually noticed or cared.

    Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    Gold iPhone, copy of Samsung's numerous offerings. 64 BIT CPU copy of Huawei. live with it.
    Apple copied none of those cheap azz tacky gold Samsungs that came before. The "gold" in the gold i5s is very understated, does not feel or look tacky in the least IMO.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

    Jato_BZ (10-03-2013), King_O_Hill (10-03-2013)

  11. #29
    iPhone? More like MyPhone crouching's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    100
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    lmao at your obvious lack of doing any research. apple was NOT the first to put a 64bit CPU into a cell phone, that was already done more than a year ago.


    THE FIRST CELL PHONE WITH A 64 BIT CPU WAS THE Huawei Ascend D Quad


    Gold iPhone, copy of Samsung's numerous offerings. 64 BIT CPU copy of Huawei. live with it.

    I'm sure their market share is .05%, I never even heard of them!

  12. #30
    Livin the iPhone Life thazsar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    3,829
    Thanks
    299
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 778 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by crouching View Post
    I'm sure their market share is .05%, I never even heard of them!
    Don't worry about it, jonG has been relentlessly searching Google for the 'first 64bit cellphone' so he could come on here to 'share his wisdom!'

    Nobody else has heard of them either! LOL!

  13. #31
    Livin the iPhone Life slim.jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Maryland, US
    Posts
    1,008
    Thanks
    115
    Thanked 128 Times in 98 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    lmao at your obvious lack of doing any research. apple was NOT the first to put a 64bit CPU into a cell phone, that was already done more than a year ago.


    THE FIRST CELL PHONE WITH A 64 BIT CPU WAS THE Huawei Ascend D Quad
    .
    I want you to read the first line of this Wikipedia article about the processor in that phone:

    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARM_Cortex-A9_MPCore

    That was a 32bit phone that shipped with Android 4.0 which most definitely is not 64bit so that makes it a 32bit phone. You cannot run 64bit apps in a 32bit environment. The only thing 64bit was the memory controller. The A7 also features a 64bit memory controller but it is a 64bit processor.

    I am always impressed by your complete lack a research and impulse to post the first thing you come across on google as fact. Just go someplace else with your nonsense, NO ONE wants you here.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to slim.jim For This Useful Post:

    Simon (10-04-2013)

  15. #32
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by crouching View Post
    I'm sure their market share is .05%, I never even heard of them!

    Since you don't know of them, they must not be important? Most of their US offerings are weak sauce, but worldwide, they offer much better phones for the budget conscious.

    Anyway, funny thing is, is that Apple didn't even make the A7 chip, Samsung did.

    Chipworks: Apple’s A7 Chip Made By Samsung, M7 Co-Processor By NXP | TechCrunch

    Just like the last one, and the next one, most likely, and so on and so forth. So wooo 64 bit! Samsung will be much closer to offering something to make 64 bit worthwhile quicker since they are fond of throwing huge amounts of RAM at a phone. Granted a third of it goes to running their ugly Touchwiz interface and geewhiz features...

  16. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Bklyn NY !!
    Posts
    913
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 62 Times in 51 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
    I want you to read the first line of this Wikipedia article about the processor in that phone:

    ARM Cortex-A9 MPCore - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    That was a 32bit phone that shipped with Android 4.0 which most definitely is not 64bit so that makes it a 32bit phone. You cannot run 64bit apps in a 32bit environment. The only thing 64bit was the memory controller. The A7 also features a 64bit memory controller but it is a 64bit processor.

    I am always impressed by your complete lack a research and impulse to post the first thing you come across on google as fact. Just go someplace else with your nonsense, NO ONE wants you here.


    lack of research like when you ran around saying Samsung copied the iPhone because they released a Gold phone when in FACT Samsung has been releasing gold phones for years. but that didnt matter, you ran with it anyway. then you say apple released the first 64 bit CPU, which again turns out to not be true so you run with it anyway.

    research or Google(ing) up facts dont matter to iPhone users, when you're told your info is wrong you dont care, you stick with the lie you're told.

    and if "nobody" wants me here then nobody should ask the mods to ban me since Ive been here since 2009 when I was an iPhone users.

    people like you hate when somebody has an opinion different from you., so they're labeled trolls and such. FREE SPEECH = you dont have to read or respond to what I write.

  17. #34
    Livin the iPhone Life slim.jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Maryland, US
    Posts
    1,008
    Thanks
    115
    Thanked 128 Times in 98 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    lack of research like when you ran around saying Samsung copied the iPhone because they released a Gold phone when in FACT Samsung has been releasing gold phones for years. but that didnt matter, you ran with it anyway. then you say apple released the first 64 bit CPU, which again turns out to not be true so you run with it anyway.

    research or Google(ing) up facts dont matter to iPhone users, when you're told your info is wrong you dont care, you stick with the lie you're told.

    and if "nobody" wants me here then nobody should ask the mods to ban me since Ive been here since 2009 when I was an iPhone users.

    people like you hate when somebody has an opinion different from you., so they're labeled trolls and such. FREE SPEECH = you dont have to read or respond to what I write.
    First off, you have not given an opinion here, you are trying to say something is fact. The phone you say is 64bit is NOT and NEVER will be, that is not my opinion, it is a fact.

    Second, I don't give a **** about the color of the phone. I have always had a black iPhone and always will.

    Third, you are still here because you are a joke. Everyone waits for you to post some nonsense whenever there is a pro iPhone article. People expect you to post some "facts" and they get a good laugh from it.
    Last edited by slim.jim; 10-04-2013 at 10:09 PM.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to slim.jim For This Useful Post:

    ThatOneProfile (10-05-2013)

  19. #35
    King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8,816
    Thanks
    38,991
    Thanked 16,322 Times in 5,975 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
    First off, you have not given an opinion here, you are trying to say something is fact. The phone you say is 64bit is NOT and NEVER will be, that is not my opinion, it is a fact.

    Second, I don't give a **** about the color of the phone. I have always had a black iPhone and always will.

    Third, you are still here because you are a joke. Everyone waits for you to post some nonsense whenever there is a pro iPhone article. People expect you to post some "facts" and they get a good laugh from it.
    +1
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

    Jato_BZ (10-05-2013)

  21. #36
    My iPhone is a Part of Me se23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    London uk
    Posts
    828
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 59 Times in 51 Posts

    This place is as bad as the comments section on gsmarena! It's a shame what this site has become....pure bickering

  22. #37
    King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8,816
    Thanks
    38,991
    Thanked 16,322 Times in 5,975 Posts

    Yes, the exchange of ideas is horrible here.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts