+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Raised $65 Million for (Product) RED Charity to Help Fight AIDS in Africa

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    Thanks

Default Apple Raised $65 Million for (Product) RED Charity to Help Fight AIDS in Africa

Bono, the U2 singer who currently leads the (Product) RED charity that Apple has been collaborating with since 2006 recently announced that Apple has raised more than $65 million to fight AIDS in Africa, a number which is quite impressive.

For those of you who didnít know, since its first debut with a special edition (Product) RED iPod nano in 2006, Apple has released several (RED) devices including iPod nanos and shuffles. The company has also produced a (RED) iPad Smart Cover, iPad mini Smart Cover, and an iPhone bumper along with a new (RED) iPhone 5S case. For every (RED) product bought, Apple donates a portion of the purchase price to the charity.

(Product) RED is affiliated with several other companies such as Starbucks, Nike and American Express. The charity has raised more than $200 million to date as a result of its efforts.

Have you bought any (Product) RED merchandise?

Source: (RED) (Twitter), TechCrunch

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

*T*
    Thanks

That's not that much at all. That's less than ten million a year.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to *T* For This Useful Post:

dsg (09-26-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by *T* View Post
    And how much have you contributed to any charity?

dsg
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,075 Times in 799 Posts

we all should help the poor and needy and big company's could do a lot more to help and still make huge profits

@Legend_master if you ask a question like that, be ready to show what you do, so your not considered a hypocrite
    privacy isn't about having something to hide

look here all grammar police, indulge me.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by *T* View Post
    Yeah you're right, they don't need that $65 million that's been donated to them...it's not like it's helping out at all......I don't understand why people even make comments like that. No one is forcing Apple to donate all that money, they're doing it because they care. Let's say YOU donated $200 last year, how would you like it if someone came up and said "that's not that much at all"? Some people...

I love (Product) RED products, I've always bought them when available, the color is great and the cause is even better!

dsg
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,075 Times in 799 Posts

they're not doing it because they care it's just good PR
    Last edited by dsg; 09-27-2013 at 12:03 AM.
    privacy isn't about having something to hide

look here all grammar police, indulge me.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

The cause is a joke. It doesn't matter how much money you try and throw at HIV/AIDS especially in countries where men with the disease believe sh1t like having sex with a virgin can cure you. Or the church still refuses to allow the use of birth control of any kind, not even condoms which would at least slow down the infection rate. So by all means keep throwing money down the toilet, it's a nice color but a joke as a cause.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to zrevai For This Useful Post:

ecofrankenstein (09-27-2013)

Thanks

65 million is a lot of cash. My question is how is the money used? Research, bottles of water, doctors visits what? I always ask that about charities as most are structured like billion dollar businesses with CEO's and all. Hopefully the money used for the purposes intended and not going into the pocket of someone that needs anything but cash.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bigboyz For This Useful Post:

dsg (09-27-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
    we all should help the poor and needy and big company's could do a lot more to help and still make huge profits

@Legend_master if you ask a question like that, be ready to show what you do, so your not considered a hypocrite
    That does not make sense, I didn't complain about the amount givin. I think 65 million is a hell of a lot to give to any charity.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zrevai View Post
    The cause is a joke. It doesn't matter how much money you try and throw at HIV/AIDS especially in countries where men with the disease believe sh1t like having sex with a virgin can cure you. Or the church still refuses to allow the use of birth control of any kind, not even condoms which would at least slow down the infection rate. So by all means keep throwing money down the toilet, it's a nice color but a joke as a cause.
    You silly, stupid person. That money goes toward education too. Furthermore, just because a people are misinformed doesn't mean the scientists using the money are. They're still ******* scientists.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
    they're not doing it because they care it's just good PR
    Sure it looks good, but that doesn't mean they don't care about fighting Aids...