+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple TV OTA Update Adds Major League Soccer and Disney Junior to the Channel Lineup

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    Thanks

Default Apple TV OTA Update Adds Major League Soccer and Disney Junior to the Channel Lineup

A recent Apple TV content update has added video from Major League Soccer as well as the Disney Junior channel. MLS for Apple TV includes free on-demand video highlights, analysis, fantasy soccer advice and player profiles. Viewers are given the option to watch full episodes of the series “MLS 36” and “MLS Insider.” The new application available on the Apple TV home screen also offers the latest league standings and access to videos created by individual clubs.

For those of you who have an MLS Live subscription (which costs $14.99/month for those who don’t), you’ll gain access to live streaming and archived versions of regular season matches, though local and national blackout rules do apply.

This update is the first that allows the MLS to join the National Basketball Association (NBA), Major League Baseball (MLB) and the National Hockey League (NHL) on the Apple TV.

As mentioned before, Disney Junior was also added in this update, making it the latest channel from Disney to arrive on the Apple TV. It will be joining the Disney Channel and Disney X D which was introduced to the Apple TV lineup last month.

The Cupertino California company has been steadily adding channels to the Apple TV through new dedicated apps throughout 2013. Previous updates added Vevo, Weather Channel, Smithsonian Channel, HBO Go, WatchESPN, Sky News, CrunchyRoll and Qello. The Apple TV set-top box also saw an updated software version 6.0 last week which added support for iTunes Radio and AirPlay content from iCloud such as iTunes Movies or music from iTunes Match to another person’s Apple TV.

All in all, it looks like Apple is making strides in their Apple TV making it a much more competitive device to own.

Source: Apple, MLS

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks

No thanks..don't want to lose my JB.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,750 Times in 2,640 Posts

Just updated my Apple TV .
    Last edited by iYeow; 09-27-2013 at 03:07 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

On my roku3 I don't have to wait to add any channels, I just download them whenever I want.