Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Mac Newsforums, a part of the
09-26-2013, 03:13 AM #1
Apple Highlights New Automatic Setup Feature in Apple TV 6.0 Software Update
Apple recently released a support document which details a newly implemented Apple TV setup feature which the company introduced last week with its Apple TV 6.0 software update. Users who have a third-gen Apple TV running the 6.0 software can now use an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch running iOS 7 to automatically transfer network settings, Apple ID information and language preferences to the Apple TV. This whole process was implemented to allow for a faster setup.
For those of you who are wondering, the information exchange is done via Bluetooth by touching the iOS device to the Apple TV, taking advantage of the Bluetooth LE built into all Apple devices after the iPhone 4.
Apple’s support article includes a detailed list of instructions on the process, which you can find below:
- Connect your Apple TV to your television and power and wait until your Apple TV displays the setup screen.
- Unlock your iOS 7 device and ensure that Bluetooth is enabled. Also ensure that you are connected to the Wi-Fi network you want to use with Apple TV.
- Touch your iOS device to your Apple TV and wait for the prompts to appear on your iOS device and Apple TV.
- Enter your Apple ID and password on your iOS device.
- Choose if you want Apple TV to remember your Apple ID password, and if you want Apple TV to send data to Apple.
- Your Apple TV will start the configuration process, including connecting to your Wi-Fi network, activating Apple TV, and setting up your iTunes Store account.
As noted by Apple, the transfer requires an iPhone 4S or later, a third-gen iPad or later, an iPad mini or a fifth-gen iPod Touch. This feature will not work with the iPhone 4 or iPad 2.
Have any of you been able to take advantage of the recently implemented feature?
Source: Apple (Support)