+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Announces Updated iMacs with Haswell Processors and Faster PCIe Flash Storage

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    Thanks

Default Apple Announces Updated iMacs with Haswell Processors and Faster PCIe Flash Storage

Today Apple surprisingly announced the launch of updated iMacs based on Intel’s Haswell processors, faster PCI Express-based flash storage options and 802.11ac WiFi. Apple's senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing, Philip Schiller, had the following to say about the recently introduced iMacs:

iMac continues to be the example that proves how beautiful, fast and fun a desktop computer can be. Inside its ultra-thin aluminum enclosure, the new iMac has the latest Intel processors, faster graphics, next generation 802.11ac Wi-Fi and faster PCIe flash storage.
    For those of you who are wondering, the specs and pricing of the new models include the following:

21.5-inch
    • $1299: 2.7 GHz quad-core i5 and Intel Iris Pro graphics
    • $1499: 2.9 GHz quad-core Intel i5 and NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M with 1 GB video memory

27-inch
    • $1799: 3.2 GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 and NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M with 1 GB video memory
    • $1999: 3.4 GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M with 2 GB video memory

All of the configurations come with a standard 8 GB of RAM and a traditional 1 TB hard drive.

The build-to-order options include a 3.1 GHz Core i7 processor and 16 GB of RAM on the 21.5-inch model and a 3.5 GHz Core i7 processor and up to 32 GB of RAM on the 27-inch model. Depending on the model, storage options of up to 3 TB traditional hard drive, 3 TB Fusion Drive and 1 TB Flash storage are also available. The high-end 27-inch model also has an available graphics upgrade to NVIDIA’s GeForce GTX 780M with 4GB of GDDR5 memory.

Both new iMac models are available today through Apple’s online store with all standard configurations with the exception of the high-end 21.5-inch model showing availability of “within 24 hours.” The high-end 21.5-inch model is currently showing a shipping estimate of 2-3 weeks for those of you who were interested in said model.

What do you think of Apple’s unexpected new iMac models?

Source: Apple (Press Release) (Online Store)

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Mac mini update when? Waiting to get a new mac mini... won't happen until you upgrade it

Thanks

I'm waiting for the MacBook lineup to be updated. Need to upgrade from a mid-10 13" to a 15".

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,329 Times in 723 Posts

I'm waiting for a retina iMac

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    I'm waiting for a retina iMac
    It won't be retina it will be 4k

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hoekapika View Post
    It won't be retina it will be 4k
    Can't wait!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'm jealous, all I have are 2 G4's and a G5 dual tower. Anyone wanna trade me a newer iMac for these museum pieces? They all work great, just don't have any software for em

My iPhone is a Part of Me klouud's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm glad to see the GPU upgrades. But I'd like to see said upgrades in the 21.5 inch model.

Thanks

When the Mac Min get's the new intel chips I'll sell mine & get THAT...but until then i'll stick with my 2012 Mac Mini.