+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AllThingsD Parting Ways with WSJ

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
In a development that largely got lost in the shuffle of tech news over the long launch weekend of Apple's new iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C, AllThingsD is parting ways
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 565 Posts

Default AllThingsD Parting Ways with WSJ

In a development that largely got lost in the shuffle of tech news over the long launch weekend of Apple's new iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C, AllThingsD is parting ways with the Wall Street Journal.

Launched in 2007, AllThingsD has been a formidable player in the tech news space and the driving force behind an annual conference that has welcomed Steve Jobs, Tim Cook, Bill Gates, and a wide array of industry giants who made headlines with their admissions and revelations to Walt Mossberg and Kara Swisher.

Dow Jones & Co. won't renew its partnership with technology news website AllThingsD and said longtime Wall Street Journal technology columnist Walter S. Mossberg will leave the paper at the end of the year.
    Dow Jones, which launched AllThingsD, will see its contract with AllThingsD end at the close of 2013.

"For years, Dow Jones/The Wall Street Journal has enjoyed working with Walt Mossberg and Kara Swisher... however, after discussions, both parties have decided not to renew the agreement," said Gerard Baker, editor in chief of Dow Jones and The Wall Street Journal.

According to sources close to the matter, Mossberg and Swisher are now "in negotiations with investors and media companies, including Comcast Corp.'s NBCUniversal, for their next partnership."

Source: WSJ

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

Finally an idiot analyst who always gets it wrong (Walt Mossberg) being held accountable?
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Thank God. Hopefully the culture of the publication changes too.