Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's iOS 7 Adoption Rate Already Beats Out Latest Version of Android

Thanks

Default Apple's iOS 7 Adoption Rate Already Beats Out Latest Version of Android

Apple’s iOS 7 has been out for less than one day and seemingly already has an adoption rate of over 13% according to analytics firm, Mixpanel. When compared with Google’s latest version of Jellybean for Android devices, Apple’s updated mobile operating system trumps Android, which continues to hover around an 8.5% adoption rate after a whole month. As you can see from the chart, iOS 7 has been adopted by 13.45%. Mixpanel mentioned that the data is from over 1,420 businesses that hire them to track actions in mobile apps and websites, including versions of the iOS platform. Techmeme’s Gabe Rivera is also claiming to see roughly a two to one iOS 7 to iOS 6 ratio for visits to its website as well.

Apple’s mobile operating system has historically shown a much larger rate of adoption than that of Google’s, largely due to the many more devices that use Android coupled with Apple’s own approach to handling hardware and software integration. Last October, just one month after the release of iOS 6, CNET reported that iOS adoption rates were at 63%. This past July, Apple sent an email to developers to brag about its 93% adoption rate asking devs to compare to Android, which at the time hovered somewhere between 20% and 30% adoption of the latest Android operating system.

So far, it seems like iOS 7 is already off to a good start and it wouldn’t be a surprise to see it be more successful than previous iterations of iOS given all the changes and features it provides. What do you think of iOS 7? Have you updated or plan to in the near future?

Source: Mixpanel via Cult of Mac

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

I have updated. I like it. It is a good change from the previous versions of ios. The main part I like is the ui changes.

This is total BS.
    How many devices does IOS7 run on? 6 is it?
    How many devices does Android 4.3 run on? 2?
    How many Android devices are out there that could run 4.3? lots
    How many manafactures can run IOS7... 1
    And look into the fact Android 4.3 is NOT available to all Android devices. I know Samsung haven't released it to their devices so OF COURSE none of them are running 4.3 as its not available.

SO saying that more devices updated to the latest IOS than Android is just plane stupid and one sided as you know thats impossible to update all to the latest Android straight away.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,758 Times in 2,647 Posts

I updated my i5 and I like the new look and features. But my brother updated his i4 , it is slow and sluggish. Guess is time for i4 to retire.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smith01 View Post
    This is total BS.
    And look into the fact Android 4.3 is NOT available to all Android devices. I know Samsung haven't released it to their devices so OF COURSE none of them are running 4.3 as its not available.

SO saying that more devices updated to the latest IOS than Android is just plane stupid and one sided as you know thats impossible to update all to the latest Android straight away.
    Are you done? Also, keep in mind of how many android devices vs ios devices are out there as you stated. Don't worry the flood gates will open as android plays follow the leader and rolls out 4.3 way ahead of it's October schedule date.

This is total BS.

What does that tell you about android, especially when their phones shipped with an outdated OS, many times 2 generations or older??

This is total BS.

I don't see a valid argument. Essentially as apple make iOS 7 available to most devices this is a valid criticism? Whereas as other manufacturers don't release android 4.3 for all their devices this means they right? Your argument is PLAINLY flawed. Please stop trolling

iPhone? More like MyPhone DayumQuitPlayin's Avatar
    Thanks

This is total BS.

Hahaha you sound butthurt. What does that say about Android phones huh? Keyword: fragmentation

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DayumQuitPlayin For This Useful Post:

thefinalhack (09-19-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    This is total BS.

Damn...quit your cryin little girl

Banned
    Thanks

dear iOS fans,

welcome to 2010 Android features.

The point I was making is How can you comapre the two.
    IOS7 comes out its ready for devices.
    Android 4.3 came out and manafactures have to get it ready for their devices.
    Apple make the OS with their device so when it gets released it doesn't have to be set up to many different devices only 6 so of course more people will update their devices sooner as its available sooner.

And if you want a war against Android then lets go. The iPhone 5/5S/5C are generations behind so I dont mind waiting a few months for the OS to be set up properly for my device. You still have to wait years for your IOS device to come close to the features I got now.
    Do you have NFC? Do you have big screens in just about any size you want? Do you have file sharing and I mean ANY file from ANY App? If you think you do then share a system file via NFC or bluetooth. Oh, you dont have access to system files, ok Android wins that one again.
    How about all those other features that have been standard to Android for many years that Apple wont give you and you have to jailbreak just to get.

Android will always win thats why EVERYONE I know that had an iPhone are now getting Androids and not looking back. They are wondering why they took so long and some even wonder why they got an iPhone in the first place.
    I've never heard of anyone going from Android to iPhone as it just doesn't happen.

If you got your head out of your butt and got an Android phone for 1 month you wouldn't go back to iPhone after that, you cant as the iPhone is just an inferior product comparing to what the competition sell.

Remember when the iPhone 5 came out and you were all dissapointed when it was revealed without NFC, well its just happened again. Still no NFC. So now the iPhone is 2 generations behind getting NFC as Androids have had it for years.

Now lets hear your pathetic comebacks and try to tell me why the iPhone is better... First get your heads out of your butts and wife that sh!t from your mouth and start again.

And before you ask why I'm here, I still own multiple iDevices which are all jailbroken as they do the little things like a book reader but for the good stuff I have Android devices. That and I jailbreak devices for a living. If I tried to jailbreak Androids I would go broke as you dont need to. It does everything and more a jailbroken iDevice can do.

Smith01 your whole argument about how great android is is based on NFC? NFC, the thing my debt card has had for years and I've never used? Are you the same guy who claimed laser disc was so much better than DVD?

Honestly, android ios has to jump through 20 different hoops to make it on a cheap and unstable device so that I can wave my hand to change pictures?

Now I can assume that you know what a ad hominem means because you're a great android user, by once again your only argument is NFC (a worthless technology that no one uses) and we have our collective heads up our butts?

The Nokia lumia has a better argument with their camera. Apple brought finger print technology to a mobile device! Wave your hand to change pictures all you want, use NFC all you want, keep telling yourself that your are smarter than everyone in the room because you are on the most unstable, cheapest, unusable, most malware enabled ios on the planet.

Apple make the OS with their device so when it gets released it doesn't have to be set up to many different devices only 6 so of course more people will update their devices sooner as its available sooner.

And if you want a war against Android then lets go. The iPhone 5/5S/5C are generations behind so I dont mind waiting a few months for the OS to be set up properly for my device. You still have to wait years for your IOS device to come close to the features I got now.
    Do you have NFC? Do you have big screens in just about any size you want? Do you have file sharing and I mean ANY file from ANY App? If you think you do then share a system file via NFC or bluetooth. Oh, you dont have access to system files, ok Android wins that one again.
    How about all those other features that have been standard to Android for many years that Apple wont give you and you have to jailbreak just to get.

Android will always win thats why EVERYONE I know that had an iPhone are now getting Androids and not looking back. They are wondering why they took so long and some even wonder why they got an iPhone in the first place.
    I've never heard of anyone going from Android to iPhone as it just doesn't happen.

If you got your head out of your butt and got an Android phone for 1 month you wouldn't go back to iPhone after that, you cant as the iPhone is just an inferior product comparing to what the competition sell.

Remember when the iPhone 5 came out and you were all dissapointed when it was revealed without NFC, well its just happened again. Still no NFC. So now the iPhone is 2 generations behind getting NFC as Androids have had it for years.

Now lets hear your pathetic comebacks and try to tell me why the iPhone is better... First get your heads out of your butts and wife that sh!t from your mouth and start again.

And before you ask why I'm here, I still own multiple iDevices which are all jailbroken as they do the little things like a book reader but for the good stuff I have Android devices. That and I jailbreak devices for a living. If I tried to jailbreak Androids I would go broke as you dont need to. It does everything and more a jailbroken iDevice can do.
    Stop Crying On iOS Forum.. Go Cry In A Or Other Forum.
    I Bought HTC Evo 3D 4.3" Screen Lots Of Widgets & Live Wallpapers.. But What It Does Was Eat Battery.. Screen So Big You Cant Handle It With One Hand + Than Phone So Thick, It Was Thicker Than iPhone 2G.
    I Like That 3D Feature But I Never Used It. Than I Have To Install Antivirus Which Slows Down Phone. Than Only One Update Jelly Bean.
    3GS Came With iOS 3 Now Its On iOS 6.
    Apple Dont Allow File Sharing Via BT Cuz Its Only Used For Piracy.
    But You Idiots Will Never ShutUp..

I have one question though, why are you so butthurt?

Thanks

This is total BS.

It's just plane stupid.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to *T* For This Useful Post:

NSXrebel (09-19-2013)

On Android widgets u just check weather and on other widgets u always clear RAM.....So ATM widgets not that important...

NFC? None of my android friends even know their phone has it. No one ever uses it.

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    dear iOS fans,

welcome to 2010 Android features.
    Mod edit...

Welcome to a smooth user experience. Now go away.
    Last edited by Cokeman; 09-19-2013 at 04:01 PM. Reason: insulting member

Quote Originally Posted by vikrants View Post
    NFC? None of my android friends even know their phone has it. No one ever uses it.
    Apple is pretty good about releasing tech/features when it's right. I remember when the first iPhone came out, no 3G, but most areas didn't even have 3G coverage at the time.

I bet if Apple were to come out with a new iPhone and have NFC, then, and only then would NFC technology take off. But they have Passbook, so why even use NFC.

This is total BS.

Did you forget android is already getting ready to push the 4.4 kit kat update? Lol sorry that apple tries to push updates to every device possible, while Samsung, htc, droid etc have to do all of there "internal testing" you're argument is invalid because if android is truly "open source" (which is not at ALL true) phone makers should be able to push updates when they please. Instead you are forced to either root or buy a new phone that ships with the updated software. You know what that's called? Legacy support. Something that has happened since iPhone OS 1 (before it was called iOS), and something that I have yet to see (excluding the google versions of phones) in 4.4 kit kat.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast