+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's iOS 7 Adoption Rate Already Beats Out Latest Version of Android

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
What is an android?
    Green Apple
    Thanks

What is an android?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to spectrum For This Useful Post:

shadow2388 (09-19-2013)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Moose2 View Post
    2) my point is apple stole features or used features from other phones so it might be new to you but it's nothing exciting for me. The main features in ios7 are from jailbreak community and some from apps like chrome etc...

3) if you read earlier posts on this and other thread, people are suggesting that its new tech and they never seen it before so I was pointing out the fact. Also, I highly doubt the fingerprint on iPhone 5s will work correctly at all. The sensor is too small for some people with bigger fingers and I have a feeling people are going to experience a lot of problems.

4) your forehead might be red please stop face palming.
    They're not new to you, but even when they were new to you, they still weren't new! that's the point! You think that they were new when Android implemented them, but they weren't! So why are you giving iOS users grief? Probably because you don't realize it wasn't new when you first saw it, just like you're ripping them for.

you don't think the sensor will work? You must have missed the multiple reviews and hands-on videos showing how well it works! Sounds liek you assume it needs to read the whole fingerprint, not just a partial. And it really is new in the way that it works. All you have to do is press your finger down, not scrap it across a sensor like old fingerprint readers. I'm sure this existed before being put on a phone, but I don't think it was how it worked on the Atrix. Also, Apple took the extra step of incorporating it into the home button instead o making it a completely separate input from the home button, which is a smart move to keep the device more simple and clean.

But since it existed on some obscure device that barely sold any units, Apple should have not bothered in the first place, right?

Green Apple
    Thanks

These arguments are stupid. All of them are.

I like my iPhone 5 with iOS 7. I choose to stay with the iOS ecosystem because I like it. You like your android? Fine. To each their own.

At the end of the day both Apple and Google reap major profits off of both operating systems!

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

Exactly. I moved to galaxy s4 and note 3 for the same reason. I felt too constricted with iPhone. I love to watch videos and surf the web. Therefore, bigger screen and higher resolution is a necessity. Expandable storage is another good feature. If apple makes 5 " phone, 3gb ram, 2.0ghz+ processor, expandable storage, somewhat open ios so we can drag and drop files rather than usin iTunes, I'm sold.
    You use both a S4 (less than a year old) and a Note 3 (not yet on the market)? Is that true or are you simply listing off the most expensive devices you can think of? In an earlier post you mentioned owning every flavor of iPhone, Galaxy, and Note device. Either you're a liar or you burn money to stay warm in winter. Which is it?

If you were on the fence waiting for expandable storage, a larger screen, and more independence from iTunes then I could understand, but that spec war you speak of is a losing game played by those unfamiliar with the word optimization, and we don't play futile games like that in Apple-land.
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

iPhone? More like MyPhone djarkiz's Avatar
    Thanks

Finally happy with apple..........feel like ios7 fixed issues I had with 4S!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    dear iOS fans,

welcome to 2010 Android features.
    I had Android in 2010. Hell, I had it rooted and all sorts of ish.

Things it didn't have:
    AirPlay
    AirDrop
    A photo UI that didn't suck balls
    Native app switcher/closer (seriously)
    Folders
    Siri
    Speech to text
    Stability in the first damn' place

The list goes on, brah.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by politicalslug View Post
    You use both a S4 (less than a year old) and a Note 3 (not yet on the market)? Is that true or are you simply listing off the most expensive devices you can think of? In an earlier post you mentioned owning every flavor of iPhone, Galaxy, and Note device. Either you're a liar or you burn money to stay warm in winter. Which is it?

If you were on the fence waiting for expandable storage, a larger screen, and more independence from iTunes then I could understand, but that spec war you speak of is a losing game played by those unfamiliar with the word optimization, and we don't play futile games like that in Apple-land.
    If you would take time to even read what I wrote maybe your little mind can comprehend the facts. It says on "pre order". Talking to some apple fans is like talkin to a goat. You guys are willing to pay 2000 dollars for a mediocre Mac laptops just to sit in star bucks coffee shop and show the apple logo in the back. Open your mind that there is stronger and better technology in the world that exists.

If you would take time to even read what I wrote maybe your little mind can comprehend the facts. It says on "pre order". Talking to some apple fans is like talkin to a goat. You guys are willing to pay 2000 dollars for a mediocre Mac laptops just to sit in star bucks coffee shop and show the apple logo in the back. Open your mind that there is stronger and better technology in the world that exists.
    I have all the phones I mentioned if you want I can send you a pic of galaxy s4 note 3 on pre order and iphone 5
    Last edited by Moose2; 09-19-2013 at 01:28 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Thanks

Why would it not

iPhone? More like MyPhone Airwaves182's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
    Wow, Android phones in 2010 had 64 bit architecture and ran faster than their current phones??

why did they take such a huge step backward from their 2010 phones???
    He's not talking about hardware, try again.
    Last edited by Simon; 09-19-2013 at 05:32 PM.

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123