+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 49

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Apple's iOS 7 Adoption Rate Already Beats Out Latest Version of Android

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
The funny thing about Android users is they always seem to feel the need to justify using/having an Android device in comparison of an iDevice. It's so pathetic the lengths
...
  1. #21
    iPhone? More like MyPhone DayumQuitPlayin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fayetteville, NC
    Posts
    195
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 37 Times in 21 Posts

    The funny thing about Android users is they always seem to feel the need to justify using/having an Android device in comparison of an iDevice. It's so pathetic the lengths to which they go to [prove] why Android is "superior".

    Firstly, a device that needs security software to prevent and rid itself of malware automatically makes it inferior compared to another device that doesn't need it.

    Secondly, mentioning technology (NFC) that isn't readily available everywhere or used by major corporations doesn't make the device better. It seems that if Apple employs a new technology, businesses and corporations are more willing to adopt new technology, not with Android.

    Lastly, if Android is so much better, why is it that people flock to iDevices, camping outside for days instead of flocking to a release of a new Android device? That right there proves that the general consensus is that Apple is a more popular company with more loyal fans who love their products.

    You Android drones are the most pathetic bunch of people. You all seem to hate the fact that millions of people love Apple and their products that you feel the need to lament Apple's success and call out others for their differing views. It's pathetic and only shows how sad your lives are when you seek to steal the excitement and joy from others, something you all desperately lack.

  2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DayumQuitPlayin For This Useful Post:

    fanboyfanboy (09-19-2013), NSXrebel (09-19-2013), REMED1AL (09-19-2013), Silverado1987 (09-19-2013), Simon (09-19-2013), Steve11 (09-19-2013)

  3. #22
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    105
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 18 Times in 14 Posts

    It's a silly comparison but does point out the the most claimed "open" OS is actually really limited by device limits and even more so by lack of manufacture software releases.

  4. #23
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    1) why apple fans get angry when people post things about comparing iphone to android? You guys need to know that some of the threads here include news about android devices which makes anyone in favor of those devices be able to post..
    2) you guys say ios7 is a new software with new features? Go on YouTube and search where ios7 features came from. The guy shows evidence as far as 1900s from other companies and devices.
    3) apple didn't invent fingerprint tech...it was already in Motorola atrix like 2-3 years ago.
    4) bottom line If you like style and want to show off generally in public you would choose iphone. If you like having device with best internal specs, larger screen, open source software you would pick android.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Moose2 For This Useful Post:

    Airwaves182 (09-19-2013)

  6. #24
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    467
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 69 Times in 50 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    dear iOS fans,

    welcome to 2010 Android features.
    Wow, Android phones in 2010 had 64 bit architecture and ran faster than their current phones??

    why did they take such a huge step backward from their 2010 phones???

  7. #25
    iPhone? More like MyPhone DayumQuitPlayin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fayetteville, NC
    Posts
    195
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 37 Times in 21 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Moose2 View Post
    1) why apple fans get angry when people post things about comparing iphone to android? You guys need to know that some of the threads here include news about android devices which makes anyone in favor of those devices be able to post..

    1) There's a difference between comparing and bashing. If you drones knew how to comment without insulting others, you all would probably be more welcome here.
    2) you guys say ios7 is a new software with new features? Go on YouTube and search where ios7 features came from. The guy shows evidence as far as 1900s from other companies and devices.
    3) apple didn't invent fingerprint tech...it was already in Motorola atrix like 2-3 years ago.
    4) bottom line If you like style and want to show off generally in public you would choose iphone. If you like having device with best internal specs, larger screen, open source software you would pick android.
    2) iOS 7 IS new software with new features... Before iOS 7 there was iOS 6. Your point is...??? So I take it Google's Android hasn't copied/adopted featured/styling from Apple or other companies? /facepalm

    3) No one said Apple invented it, they ADDED it. So again... Your point??

    4) Basically: Choose the phone that better suits your needs.

    /doublefacepalm

  8. #26
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    467
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 69 Times in 50 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by smith01 View Post
    This is total BS.
    How many devices does IOS7 run on? 6 is it?
    How many devices does Android 4.3 run on? 2?
    How many Android devices are out there that could run 4.3? lots
    How many manafactures can run IOS7... 1
    And look into the fact Android 4.3 is NOT available to all Android devices. I know Samsung haven't released it to their devices so OF COURSE none of them are running 4.3 as its not available.

    SO saying that more devices updated to the latest IOS than Android is just plane stupid and one sided as you know thats impossible to update all to the latest Android straight away.
    Your rant only serves to point out how broken the Android Os update process is. You yourself said that a lot of phones COULD be updated to 4.3, yet they are not. And that's there the biggest issue is. Well, that and the fact that cheap Android devices with 2 year old OS is the bulk of Android sales.

    The fact is that Manufacturers and carriers are slow to update either because their own crap skins get in the way, or they use it as a tactic to sell their newer handsets by denying updates to older devices. And that's all entirely wrong and entirely preventable.

    If Google had any guts they'd step in and make some moves to prevent this activity and force updates. The easiest way would be to deny Google services to any devices that have a minimum spec list and are not updated to the latest OS within a limited time period. I bet you'd see updates coming out like crazy is Google did that. But since all Google is interested in is gathering up your personal data and couldn't care less how badly manufacturers and carriers treat you, Google won't do a thing.

    So, while I agree with you it's not a fair comparison, it is only because of how broken the Android updating process is. And that's all the fault of Google, the manufacturers, and carriers. So don't cry foul when it's your side that's busted.

  9. #27
    dsg
    dsg is online now
    Livin the iPhone Life dsg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,873
    Thanks
    3,662
    Thanked 2,075 Times in 799 Posts

    Stuff Android how does it compare to the take up of iOS 6, when it was launched?
    privacy isn't about having something to hide

    look here all grammar police, indulge me.

  10. #28
    Green Apple petrusk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    74
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    I updated my i5 and I like the new look and features. But my brother updated his i4 , it is slow and sluggish. Guess is time for i4 to retire.
    Yep, I wouldn't install iOS 7 on a device previous to the 4S. The animations are too much for the A4 processor. Would advise those on an i4 to stay on iOS 6.

  11. #29
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by DayumQuitPlayin View Post
    The funny thing about Android users is they always seem to feel the need to justify using/having an Android device in comparison of an iDevice. It's so pathetic the lengths to which they go to [prove] why Android is "superior".

    Firstly, a device that needs security software to prevent and rid itself of malware automatically makes it inferior compared to another device that doesn't need it.

    Secondly, mentioning technology (NFC) that isn't readily available everywhere or used by major corporations doesn't make the device better. It seems that if Apple employs a new technology, businesses and corporations are more willing to adopt new technology, not with Android.

    Lastly, if Android is so much better, why is it that people flock to iDevices, camping outside for days instead of flocking to a release of a new Android device? That right there proves that the general consensus is that Apple is a more popular company with more loyal fans who love their products.

    You Android drones are the most pathetic bunch of people. You all seem to hate the fact that millions of people love Apple and their products that you feel the need to lament Apple's success and call out others for their differing views. It's pathetic and only shows how sad your lives are when you seek to steal the excitement and joy from others, something you all desperately lack.










    First of all I would like to say that I have had samsung note 1,2 and pre ordered 3, galaxy s4, iPhone 3G to iPhone 5 and stopped there.
    1) I have never seen any of my friends or me getting any sort of virus on my android device. So If you know your tech and how to use your device this usually never happens. People point out that iphone doesn't get virus, I don't remember exactly but while back there was PDF exploit that people had to jailbreak to patch it.
    2) NFC might not be used much but it's a FEATURE that is available to use if want to. More features make devices more competitive in the market. I don't use it either on my android phone but jut a thought.
    3) I have never seen a single line at any of stores here in Bay Area, California. It's populated place and whenever I went there to buy a iphone there was no one in line (not in atnt store, best buy or apple). I have seen half mile long lines on Black Fridays though.

    4) all your arguments/ facts are invalid from my point of view.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Moose2 For This Useful Post:

    Airwaves182 (09-19-2013)

  13. #30
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    483
    Thanks
    260
    Thanked 174 Times in 72 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Moose2 View Post
    1) why apple fans get angry when people post things about comparing iphone to android? You guys need to know that some of the threads here include news about android devices which makes anyone in favor of those devices be able to post..
    2) you guys say ios7 is a new software with new features? Go on YouTube and search where ios7 features came from. The guy shows evidence as far as 1900s from other companies and devices.
    3) apple didn't invent fingerprint tech...it was already in Motorola atrix like 2-3 years ago.
    4) bottom line If you like style and want to show off generally in public you would choose iphone. If you like having device with best internal specs, larger screen, open source software you would pick android.
    1. Everyone has their opinion, but if you have to degrade others to prove your OS is the better, you lost all credibility.
    2. The same can be done with Android as well. android started out taking features from iOS.
    3. Motorola didn't invent it either. It was in laptops long before it was ever in a phone. Apple does own the company now.
    4. So people only buy iPhones for showing off? You just lost all credibility. I use both iOS & Android. iOS is my main choice just for the fact it runs smoother and I have less issues. Longer battery life with more usage.
    Last edited by Cokeman; 09-19-2013 at 03:03 PM.

  14. #31
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    467
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 69 Times in 50 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Moose2 View Post
    1) why apple fans get angry when people post things about comparing iphone to android? You guys need to know that some of the threads here include news about android devices which makes anyone in favor of those devices be able to post..
    2) you guys say ios7 is a new software with new features? Go on YouTube and search where ios7 features came from. The guy shows evidence as far as 1900s from other companies and devices.
    3) apple didn't invent fingerprint tech...it was already in Motorola atrix like 2-3 years ago.
    4) bottom line If you like style and want to show off generally in public you would choose iphone. If you like having device with best internal specs, larger screen, open source software you would pick android.
    Regarding point 2, I don't have to look at any videos. I know where the majority of new features come from, and it definitely isn't Google. The majority of them come from third party developers: both iOS and Android. And like Apple, Google, Samsung and others are just good at finding good ones, or not so good, giving them a little polish, integrating them into their OS, and then presenting them as an amazing new feature.

    Best example is notification center and shortcuts to phone settings. This had been done by third party devs way before iOS or Google had it, yet the FanDroid are screaming about it in iOS 7 and pointing out that it was in Android first as if Google invented it. Those guys love to pretend Apple says they invent everything when Apple never says it themselves, yet they are too shorsighted to see that many features they use were around long before Google or Samsung stole them.

  15. #32
    dsg
    dsg is online now
    Livin the iPhone Life dsg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,873
    Thanks
    3,662
    Thanked 2,075 Times in 799 Posts

    Most feature on Android and iOS came from the jailbreak community or what ever the Android alternative is

    Edit: we also have one issue Android users don't have, they can downgrade to any firmware, if we make a mistake or something goes, wrong we get stuck on the newest firmware with no way back, yet
    Last edited by dsg; 09-19-2013 at 09:08 AM.
    privacy isn't about having something to hide

    look here all grammar police, indulge me.

  16. #33
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by DayumQuitPlayin View Post
    2) iOS 7 IS new software with new features... Before iOS 7 there was iOS 6. Your point is...??? So I take it Google's Android hasn't copied/adopted featured/styling from Apple or other companies? /facepalm

    3) No one said Apple invented it, they ADDED it. So again... Your point??

    4) Basically: Choose the phone that better suits your needs.

    /doublefacepalm


    2) my point is apple stole features or used features from other phones so it might be new to you but it's nothing exciting for me. The main features in ios7 are from jailbreak community and some from apps like chrome etc...

    3) if you read earlier posts on this and other thread, people are suggesting that its new tech and they never seen it before so I was pointing out the fact. Also, I highly doubt the fingerprint on iPhone 5s will work correctly at all. The sensor is too small for some people with bigger fingers and I have a feeling people are going to experience a lot of problems.

    4) your forehead might be red please stop face palming.

  17. #34
    Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    2,243
    Thanks
    91
    Thanked 141 Times in 121 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by smith01 View Post
    The point I was making is How can you comapre the two.
    IOS7 comes out its ready for devices.
    Android 4.3 came out and manafactures have to get it ready for their devices.
    Apple make the OS with their device so when it gets released it doesn't have to be set up to many different devices only 6 so of course more people will update their devices sooner as its available sooner.

    And if you want a war against Android then lets go. The iPhone 5/5S/5C are generations behind so I dont mind waiting a few months for the OS to be set up properly for my device. You still have to wait years for your IOS device to come close to the features I got now.
    Do you have NFC? Do you have big screens in just about any size you want? Do you have file sharing and I mean ANY file from ANY App? If you think you do then share a system file via NFC or bluetooth. Oh, you dont have access to system files, ok Android wins that one again.
    How about all those other features that have been standard to Android for many years that Apple wont give you and you have to jailbreak just to get.

    Android will always win thats why EVERYONE I know that had an iPhone are now getting Androids and not looking back. They are wondering why they took so long and some even wonder why they got an iPhone in the first place.
    I've never heard of anyone going from Android to iPhone as it just doesn't happen.

    If you got your head out of your butt and got an Android phone for 1 month you wouldn't go back to iPhone after that, you cant as the iPhone is just an inferior product comparing to what the competition sell.

    Remember when the iPhone 5 came out and you were all dissapointed when it was revealed without NFC, well its just happened again. Still no NFC. So now the iPhone is 2 generations behind getting NFC as Androids have had it for years.

    Now lets hear your pathetic comebacks and try to tell me why the iPhone is better... First get your heads out of your butts and wife that sh!t from your mouth and start again.

    And before you ask why I'm here, I still own multiple iDevices which are all jailbroken as they do the little things like a book reader but for the good stuff I have Android devices. That and I jailbreak devices for a living. If I tried to jailbreak Androids I would go broke as you dont need to. It does everything and more a jailbroken iDevice can do.

    Lol! I love how you tried to make your argument sound legit by saying that SOME Android devices are NFC capable! Even if they do have NFC it's not like you're using it all the time. The fact that Apple is so in sync with their devices and OS just goes to show you how fragmented Android devices can be, you literally showed that Apple was better at something than Google/Samsung. iOS 7 now has Airdrop that allows users to transfer files between devices over wireless. So do you still want us to, "wife that sh!t from our mouths"? Haha! We understand your trying to make Android seem dominant, but its not going to work....we know why we like Apple more!

  18. #35
    What's Jailbreak? shadow2388's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Uhm, I thought this was an Apple iDevice forum.? It's funny that the android community keeps a check on things here. Makes you wonder................

  19. #36
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
    1. Everyone has their opinion, but you have to degrade others to prove your OS is the better you lost all credibility.
    2. The same can be done with Android as well. android start out taking features from iOS.
    3. Motorola didn't invent it either. It was in laptops long before it was ever in a phone. Apple does own the company now.
    4. So people only buy iPhones for showing off? You just lost all credibility. I use both a iOS & Android. iOS is my main choice just for the fact it runs smoother and I have less issues. Longer battery life with more usage.

    1) exactly you just restated my point. Everyone has their opinion...I didn't lose anything there. I didn't say which iOS is better. I'm pointing out the fact that which device is more easily customizable and has more features.
    2) yes but I don't want to get too much into who stole/ who invented as we all know most features are taken from other companies and given their own "look". I am not pointing fingers at apple. I'm just saying I don't see anything exciting in their work anymore. Took them 3 or 4 years I believe to change the screen size and to only find out they made it longer but not wider.... I have lost most of my respect towards apple the day iphone 5 came out.
    3) I didn't say Motorola invented it. I said it was in that phone 2 or 3 years ago so it's nothing new. Having finger print tech in laptop is different than mobile. The idea might be taken from laptops but having it on mobile device is different...
    4) that's what I feel from my personal experiences so yours might be different. If you really know your tech idk why would you even go for iphone anymore. I'm currently using iPhone 4S to type this as my note 3 is on preorder. This phone has crashed over 100 times yesterday due to shortage of RAM.

    Quote Originally Posted by shadow2388 View Post
    Uhm, I thought this was an Apple iDevice forum.? It's funny that the android community keeps a check on things here. Makes you wonder................

    I know right . I look at most popular device forums too.

    Quote Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
    Regarding point 2, I don't have to look at any videos. I know where the majority of new features come from, and it definitely isn't Google. The majority of them come from third party developers: both iOS and Android. And like Apple, Google, Samsung and others are just good at finding good ones, or not so good, giving them a little polish, integrating them into their OS, and then presenting them as an amazing new feature.

    Best example is notification center and shortcuts to phone settings. This had been done by third party devs way before iOS or Google had it, yet the FanDroid are screaming about it in iOS 7 and pointing out that it was in Android first as if Google invented it. Those guys love to pretend Apple says they invent everything when Apple never says it themselves, yet they are too shorsighted to see that many features they use were around long before Google or Samsung stole them.

    I agree...those are valid facts
    Last edited by Moose2; 09-19-2013 at 09:40 AM.

  20. #37
    What's Jailbreak? mutley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
    Wow, Android phones in 2010 had 64 bit architecture and ran faster than their current phones??

    why did they take such a huge step backward from their 2010 phones???
    oh dear 64bit argument... which is totally invalid.. look at how many 64bit apps are available for windows and they have been doing 64bit since 2006 and its not exactly mainstream even now. not until apple drop 32bit devices completely will 64bit be something to shout about

    id still have my iphone if it wasnt for the following reasons:

    desperately needs a bigger screen, or at least an option for 5"
    user expandable memory
    option to install apps for myself without a jailbreak

    if they had those i would have stayed with apple

  21. #38
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
    Regarding point 2, I don't have to look at any videos. I know where the majority of new features come from, and it definitely isn't Google. The majority of them come from third party developers: both iOS and Android. And like Apple, Google, Samsung and others are just good at finding good ones, or not so good, giving them a little polish, integrating them into their OS, and then presenting them as an amazing new feature.

    Best example is notification center and shortcuts to phone settings. This had been done by third party devs way before iOS or Google had it, yet the FanDroid are screaming about it in iOS 7 and pointing out that it was in Android first as if Google invented it. Those guys love to pretend Apple says they invent everything when Apple never says it themselves, yet they are too shorsighted to see that many features they use were around long before Google or Samsung stole them.
    Same thing can be said about most devices...getting into software/features is complicated as we cant exactly pin point where the features came from we can only believe what certain information/facts tell us.

    Quote Originally Posted by mutley View Post
    oh dear 64bit argument... which is totally invalid.. look at how many 64bit apps are available for windows and they have been doing 64bit since 2006 and its not exactly mainstream even now. not until apple drop 32bit devices completely will 64bit be something to shout about

    id still have my iphone if it wasnt for the following reasons:

    desperately needs a bigger screen, or at least an option for 5"
    user expandable memory
    option to install apps for myself without a jailbreak

    if they had those i would have stayed with apple


    Exactly. I moved to galaxy s4 and note 3 for the same reason. I felt too constricted with iPhone. I love to watch videos and surf the web. Therefore, bigger screen and higher resolution is a necessity. Expandable storage is another good feature. If apple makes 5 " phone, 3gb ram, 2.0ghz+ processor, expandable storage, somewhat open ios so we can drag and drop files rather than usin iTunes, I'm sold.
    Last edited by Moose2; 09-19-2013 at 09:53 AM.

  22. #39
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,501
    Thanks
    6,794
    Thanked 15,203 Times in 6,978 Posts

    Lmao @generations behind. Blackberries are generations behind. iPhones and androids continually play leap frog but I would consider to at least be on the same playing field.

  23. #40
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    122
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 16 Times in 15 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by shadow2388 View Post
    Uhm, I thought this was an Apple iDevice forum.? It's funny that the android community keeps a check on things here. Makes you wonder................
    I guess android forums are boring.. Mostly are in denial, they kept on saying they're done with apple but they cant get over it obviously. There's no point in arguing with them, bragging about android in this forum just makes them look stupid.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts