+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Issues a High Priority Alert to Support Staff for iPhone Activation Issues

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Apple seems to have initiated an internal high priority alert to support staff indicating that activation server problems and other issues are preventing a large number of customers from activating
    Thanks

Default Apple Issues a High Priority Alert to Support Staff for iPhone Activation Issues

Apple seems to have initiated an internal high priority alert to support staff indicating that activation server problems and other issues are preventing a large number of customers from activating their iPhones, whether the device is brand new or recently restored. Compounding the problem are “other internal issues,” though the exact nature of these complications is unknown at this time.

Since the launch of iOS 7, Apple’s servers have been bombarded with a large number of users looking to update to the latest operating system, with many finding the activation service unavailable or otherwise unresponsive. The alert failed to offer the exact number of users affected and did not give an estimate as to how long the activation server would be down.

Apple’s System Status webpage shows all service are up and running as of this writing, though many users continue to report that there are backend problems.

How has your experience been?

Source: Apple (System Status)

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

I had no errors as I was, and still am on the GM, thank god for developer perks

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Just tried to update my girlfriends i4s
    but I keep getting a server connection error.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tperry's Avatar
    Thanks

Took me 4.5hours to get my Mini updated. It would not even detect there was an update available on my Mac. Ended up having to do it on a Windows 8 laptop and then the activation never would work.
    Not a waterboy for Android OR Apple.

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,054 Times in 4,200 Posts

About 30 min on my iPad mini and it was done.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PokemonDesigner's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fanboyfanboy View Post
    I had no errors as I was, and still am on the GM, thank god for developer perks
    +1

But all my friends had no server related problems yesterday so I think it's like the iMessage thing. Just affects user randomly.

*T*
    Thanks

I bought an iPhone 5 yesterday. I have iOS 7, but the phone still isn't activated.

Thanks

Any more news on this? My dad's still isn't activated...I guess he did it this morning...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i had the activation error with both my iphone 5 and ipad mini. Contacting apple did not really do anything for me. :/ i feel like i got mine to work by, while on the activation error screen hit the back button until you reach the wifi screen then tap on your wifi network and plug your device into itunes right away. i hope that will be helpful to anyone having issues

Thanks

I had the same activation problems & the solution was simple. Pull out your simm card & it will tell you that it cant be activated or you dont have a simm card installed. Ignore it. Go through the steps until you reach the activation step. While the phone is still on, insert the simm card & it will finish the activation process
    Last edited by LucasPukus; 09-19-2013 at 05:48 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iH85CH001's Avatar
    Thanks

I was wondering why activation was failing... I restored to ios 6.1.3 on my iphone 4, but still, it wouldn't activate. Finally, i got it to work early this morning... I figured Apple's servers were just jammed, well looks like I was right :P