+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Take Advantage of the Recently Launched "Designed for iOS 7" Section in the App Store

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    Thanks

Default Take Advantage of the Recently Launched "Designed for iOS 7" Section in the App Store

As many of you already know, iOS 7 was released earlier today and pretty much every significant app developer in the iOS ecosystem has been hard at work at getting their apps redesigned and optimized for the mobile operating system software update. Apple has recently created a Designed for iOS 7 section in the App Store making it easier for iOS 7 users to get more apps to see the full effect of Jony Iveís changes.

Among the many apps found in the new section are popular and familiar titles such as Evernote, Zillow, NYTimes, Open Table, RunKeeper, Digg, Venmo, Shazam and many more. You can sort through the list by Featured apps, Release Date and Name. The best part of it all is that Apple has been updating the list throughout the day so you donít have to search the web for each individual app update.

Have any of you updated to iOS 7? If so, which updated apps have you found yourself liking?

Source: iTunes

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks

Any updates from u guys to modmyi
    pain & time and glory

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to plumoso For This Useful Post:

bisayakid07 (09-18-2013), buggsy2 (09-18-2013), Jato_BZ (09-18-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,261 Times in 1,866 Posts

No, staying firmly on 6.1JBn

#LastGreatiOS
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    No, staying firmly on 6.1JBn

#LastGreatiOS
    I honestly don't blame you for wanting to stay jailbroken. I don't. But iOS 7 is great tho. It's the same as iOS 6, but with more features. Is iOS 7 ugly ? Yea, but you get used to it. Just because it's hideous, doesn't mean it's not a great system. All I miss from my jailbreak is quick reply.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Ryaninfg's Avatar
    Thanks

Downgraded to 6.1.4! While I could.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ryaninfg For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (09-19-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default No so pleasant
    Quote Originally Posted by plumoso View Post
    Any updates from u guys to modmyi
    I just updated my Iphone 5 to iSO 7.0, mmmmmm no sure if I like it. The screen looks washout, no contrast. Calendar, Email, dial pad, they all look washout. It seems to be faster, more responsive. The folder, They look unpleasant! Beside that, now you can have only 9 apps in each folder, I think it was 12 before, right? I guess there is no going back. I need to play with this thing, and get used to it , I guess.
    Last edited by raxal; 09-18-2013 at 08:49 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by raxal View Post
    I just updated my Iphone 5 to iSO 7.0, mmmmmm no sure if I like it. The screen looks washout, no contrast. Calendar, Email, dial pad, they all look washout. It seems to be faster, more responsive. The folder, They look unpleasant! Beside that, now you can have only 9 apps in each folder, I think it was 12 before, right? I guess there is no going back. I need to play with this thing, and get used to it , I guess.
    No, you can have more apps in the folders, I think you create pages within the folder now. But iOS 7 is so much better. quit yer I3itchin'

Green Apple
    Thanks

Nope, staying on 6.1.2 on Jailbreak

11. The Following User Says Thank You to xWalmartCandyx For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (09-19-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,261 Times in 1,866 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lilpetabread View Post
    I honestly don't blame you for wanting to stay jailbroken. I don't. But iOS 7 is great tho. It's the same as iOS 6, but with more features. Is iOS 7 ugly ? Yea, but you get used to it. Just because it's hideous, doesn't mean it's not a great system. All I miss from my jailbreak is quick reply.
    Thanks! I ran it as a beta on my NON jailed 5 & just couldn't get used to it. There was nothing I liked on it & everything I hated. Part of that comes from being a theme creator & I guess having full control on how the iOS looks on my iDevice on 6X. I personally feel like they got it wrong but at the end of the day it's a fresh new approach whether its bad or good.

Once a 7X JB comes out ill update...themeing just won't be the same again IMO.
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

Thanks

This might be a dumb question but I was on the latest iOS 7 beta and I was assuming it'd give me the real iOS 7 in my software update but it says I'm already on iOS 7. Was the last beta the official version or am I still on a beta version?? I'm so confused lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone dannyrocket's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
    No, you can have more apps in the folders, I think you create pages within the folder now. But iOS 7 is so much better. quit yer I3itchin'
    I agree. I like ios7 a lot. It's like a whole new phone to me! Do not miss a jailbreak at all.

If Apple didn't do anything major than people would still be complaining.

I think if anyone says that ios6 is better than 7, I would say you're nuts. Lol.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Folders can have up to 27 apps now. 9 per page and 3 pages max. I wish Apple would have kept it at 12 per page. With the bigger screen devices at least.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Freund117 View Post
    This might be a dumb question but I was on the latest iOS 7 beta and I was assuming it'd give me the real iOS 7 in my software update but it says I'm already on iOS 7. Was the last beta the official version or am I still on a beta version?? I'm so confused lol
    Are you on the last Beta or were you on Golden Master? There's a difference. GM is/should be the official release, haven't heard otherwise.

What's Jailbreak? Brandonforcey's Avatar
    Thanks
    i'm loving iOS 7!!! Ö.. btw you can have as many apps as you like in the folders, they 'unlimited'.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Updated from 5.1.1 JB to iOS 7 yesterday. Definitely worth it. Apple has fixed a lot of reasons I was JB'n in the first place. If there was anyway to get tethering without JBing........ Other than that this old iPhone 4 doesn't seem so old anymore and performs twice as fast and smooth as before.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

The people who claim their phone is running faster can thank a fresh install of iOS for that not iOS 7 itself.