+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Customers Will Get iWork, iPhoto, and iMovie for Free With Purchase of New Device

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 766 Posts

Default Apple Customers Will Get iWork, iPhoto, and iMovie for Free With Purchase of New Device

Apple announced Tuesday afternoon that iWork (Pages, Keynote, and Numbers), as well as iPhoto and iMovie, would be given to Apple customers as a free gift with the purchase of a new iOS device, such as Apple’s new iPhone 5S or iPhone 5C that will go on sale later this month.

The iWork suite for iOS, usually a $30 value, as well as the iPhoto and iMovie applications for iOS, usually a $10 value altogether, gives the user $40 worth of useful productivity software to make their iOS devices even more useful at no cost whatsoever. For whatever reason, Apple did not include Garageband in the special.

Apple explained at today’s media event that when the user begins setting up their new iOS 7 device for the first time, they will get the pop-up shown above that allows them to download all of the software with a single tap.

We’re happy to see Apple go this route, as more users will now have access to premium software for iOS. Many Apple customers will be happy to hear the new as well.

Thanks

Nothing for us current apple owners?!?! Booooooo

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tario70's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah, this is crap. I guess I'll get them with the iPhone 6 (my iPhone 5 will be good for another year).

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

While this is good, I think they should have made it for iPhone 5 owners as well. The 5C is nothing more than a 5 wrapped in plastic, & we paid more for our devices.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Breezy215's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cokeman View Post
    while this is good, i think they should have made it for iphone 5 owners as well. The 5c is nothing more than a 5 wrapped in plastic, & we paid more for our devices.
    agreed!

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Sooo awesome!! At first I was like I'm getting this right now, then they said that it's for new device owners only. That kind of bummed me out, but still, the great apps for free is amazing!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,056 Times in 924 Posts

What do you all think of this?

We get iWork, etc. for FREE w/ a new iPhone. Can we transfer those to an older device, afterwards, since we're using the same Apple ID?!?!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    What do you all think of this?

We get iWork, etc. for FREE w/ a new iPhone. Can we transfer those to an older device, afterwards, since we're using the same Apple ID?!?!
    I would think you could. Just depends on if it goes through the AppStore during setup.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave