Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Announces Touch ID Fingerprint Scanning

Quote Originally Posted by Googly2moogly View Post
    I am not talking about tracking, I don't want Apple to now have my finger print. I think they went overboard with this. Really, use your fingerprint to unlock the phone. How important is that. It a funking phone and a rocket missile.
    Your fingerprint won't be stored on Apple servers or iCloud..

My iPhone is a Part of Me Feanor64's Avatar
    Thanks

If you think that apple will not oblige the government when they request your fingerprint, you are living in a dream world. It will most likely go into a huge database that police can search thru quickly. Like everything else. I also love the argument that "if I don't do anything wrong then I've got nothing to fear." Lol ok then if you say so...people these days have no idea what true liberty is. To me this is so offensive bro. What is wrong with people?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Serge.H View Post
    Your fingerprint won't be stored on Apple servers or iCloud..
    They also said they didn't provide the U.S. government access to their servers which was found to be a lie. So heeeeyyyy of course they won't store it and provide it upon demand oh no way man...We can 100% trust apple with our fingerprints.
    Last edited by Feanor64; 09-10-2013 at 02:21 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Feanor64 For This Useful Post:

Scheuerle (09-11-2013)

It would be really great if there were multiple user modes attached to the thumb reader. So I can limit my wife's and kids access to my phone. Perhaps limit them to games and YouTube only. Don't want my wife poking around my phone or my kids calling my boss at 3am.

I hope someone can make an app like that.

can it read through gloves?
    privacy isn't about having something to hide

look here all grammar police, indulge me.

Thanks
    Simple solution for all you concerned about privacy and tracking. Shut up and don't buy the phone. End of story!

do you believe everything you hear or read.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by daytonaviolet View Post
    Don't want my wife poking around my phone
    Ohh the modern marriage. Full of trust!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rickhaz9 View Post
    do you believe everything you hear or read.
    Do you believe everything apple says or writes?

what the hell does he have to do with a phone? does it really matter if they are . there tracken all phones no matter what phone have. what information can they get. same they always can. so who cares
    Last edited by 2k1; 09-10-2013 at 03:24 PM.

Thanks
    So pretty much makes your own argument invalid!
    Last edited by 2k1; 09-10-2013 at 03:24 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rickhaz9 View Post
    what the hell does he have to do with a phone? does it really matter if they are . there tracken all phones no matter what phone have. what information can they get. same **** they always can. so who cares
    ..........I don't even know how to reply to this. This would make me laugh if it wasn't so sad. I just realized I have been arguing with a 5th grader.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor64 View Post
    Lol omg you people are nuts geez google Edward Snowden. Please educate yourselves...
    everyone living in the United States would do well to watch what he has to say and take the time to fully understand the implications of the situation he brings to light. the institutional practices put in place by the contemporary intelligence community would, a decade or two ago, have been blatantly illegal and unconstitutional at every level.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to twitchee3 For This Useful Post:

dsg (09-10-2013), Feanor64 (09-11-2013), Scheuerle (09-11-2013)

Thanks

This is going to change the game. Of course Apple is leading the charge. If they weren't leading they would be making it better anyway. 20th can't come fast enough.

is kinda weird..because then how it gonna use it for purchase apps with the finger print it need to be saved in a data base...or it gonna use just for autocomplet the password????

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Alright enough with the name calling and language next person is gitting a infraction. No need for this.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2k1 For This Useful Post:

dsg (09-10-2013), lilpetabread (09-11-2013)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I am not talking about tracking, I don't want Apple to now have my finger print. I think they went overboard with this. Really, use your fingerprint to unlock the phone. How important is that. It a funking phone and a rocket missile.
    Use a toe to unlock your iPhone 5S....or don't get one.

Quote Originally Posted by rioswag View Post
    Cuz Samsung cant make good products without Apple the Gods showing them how to make quality pieces.
    Motorola had fingerprint scanning on the Atrix a couple years ago. This is nothing new, well i guess it is to AppleHeads. But i'm sure most of you will say motorola stole it from apple.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,540 Times in 7,105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cmay227 View Post
    Motorola had fingerprint scanning on the Atrix a couple years ago. This is nothing new, well i guess it is to AppleHeads. But i'm sure most of you will say motorola stole it from apple.
    If we never heard about it then it never happened lol

If I recall on the Atrix, the sensor was on the back and it was a bit buggy. At least from videos I have seen of it. Never used an Atrix myself.

Livin the iPhone Life littlelisa63's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,544 Times in 927 Posts

Well I don't care what people say
    It's my choice and ill be getting the 5s as I like it

This brings the end to personal privacy. Not only now government can track everyone's location and information, we're now foolish enough to provide our fingerprints.
    The amount of stupidness in this post is beyond me. This is why people who a) dont thoroughly pay attention to what they are watching or b) dont have a clue as to what any of the modifications they have done to the iphone exactly mean, should not be allowed to give their opinions (a little harsh but..). If you paid any attention, the fingerprints are encrypted and if u know anything about encryption well......Also that encryption is stored specifically on the A7 chip and nowhere else, meaning no software or other hardware can access it. Oh wait maybe if you break the phone you can....lol gl with that. Not gonna go into details as to how remotely stupid that would be. Btw they mentioned this all during the keynote. Should pay attention next time.

Dont even get me started on the interview that some off CNET had on their liveblog. The fact they said apple didn't change much with this phone is idiocracy beyond belief. This is the biggest upgrade they have since the 3g to the 4s-5 I would like to point out. The new technology in this phone is a HUGE step yet 95% of the people watching or making comments dont know what 64-bit is or what a billion transistors even allows. A few people may know what Open GL is. Gyroscope? Nope.....I could go on but its amazing how people so clueless make such stupid claims......

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast