+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: One-of-a-kind Solid Gold EarPods to Go Up for Auction in November

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Originally Posted by EVO nothing is ever stupid if it goes towards a good cause PERIOD! +1
    Livin the iPhone Life littlelisa63's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,521 Times in 908 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    nothing is ever stupid if it goes towards a good cause PERIOD!
    +1

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Read my second post. I've already thought about it...

So let me get this straight...

All of you think that spending tens of thousands of dollars hosting a party that's geared towards rich people, who they already know will donate to this cause, is an ideal way of spending money?

Or...could they have skipped the party, skipped making these earbuds, and skipped all the publicity around it AND simply called their 'invitees' and asked for a donation?

Which makes more sense?!?!
    I agree, I hate (RED) - its just a way to make the Rich (and the West) feel like they are doing something 'good' when they are spending thousands on consumer goods that they do not need. If you really wanted your money to go to a good cause, donate it... dont trick yourself into believe that by buying a (RED) ipod, you are being charitable. its all BS

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Bet you the left one stops working after 6 months.

*T*
    Thanks

Why in the world would someone want Gold earbuds?!?! They'll be uncomfortable, cold, and everyone will think they're fake, anyways! LOL!

What a waste... Apple could easily just donate the money instead of making stupid stuff like this.

My two cents
    When you're in the market for gold earbuds, you're not going for functionality, or even style. You're going for "what is the most expensive way to waste my money and be completely badass." These buds will never see the light of day: they will be encased in the trophy case of some billionaire's 56th home in Monaco.

Thanks

I realize it's about the cause so why don't they just donate the money they spent on making this garbage.

It's never made sense to me why celebrities/organizations spend tons of money hosting fundraisers that sell ridiculously priced items. It cost a bunch of money to make these 'rare' items and to organize the fundraisers, only to get other rich people to haphazardly spend a bunch of money. All these funds could've been donated to the original cause without making such a public spectacle of it. To me...it's almost worse to do these type of things cuz it just shows the poverty stricken people that they're poor and the rich people are rich. "Here, have some of our scraps."

Does that make sense?
    i agree...

Why in the world would someone want Gold earbuds?!?! They'll be uncomfortable, cold, and everyone will think they're fake, anyways! LOL!

What a waste... Apple could easily just donate the money instead of making stupid stuff like this.

My two cents
    100% true...

Quote Originally Posted by gallionator View Post
    But are they covered by AppleCare?
    Lol So true haha

whats the richest type of air? a trillionaire...
    Last edited by iH85CH001; 09-14-2013 at 08:57 PM.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12