+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: NYC Apple Store: A Line Has Already Formed

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Originally Posted by politicalslug Oh great. Here comes another Samsung ad berating iPhone owners for not lining up weeks in advance to buy a Galaxy product instead. nah, Sammy is
    Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by politicalslug View Post
    Oh great. Here comes another Samsung ad berating iPhone owners for not lining up weeks in advance to buy a Galaxy product instead.
    nah, Sammy is busy this year showing off new products and they dont need people to line up outside a store (purely for attention and publicity) because they are the number one manufacturer beating ALL the competition--including the next 4 closest competitors combined.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Someone should tell them you can preorder one online and have it sent to your house.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

I waited in line the night before the iPhone 5 released last year. I was number 4 in line lol. Ill probably do the same this year though. Going to preorder the 5C unlocked through Apple and stand out the night before for the 5S. I want the champagne one! Lol
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

im all up for lining up for something that you really want, but come on... This product isnt even ANNOUNCED. WTF?

*T*
    Thanks

If there is one thing we can take away from this, it's that humans are stupid and that's not all that surprising.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by docmagoo2 View Post
    Don't these people work?
    I bet not the average New Yorker on welfare makes $49,000.00 a year

Thanks

I waited in line over night when the local Chick-Fil-A opened. They give away free meals for a year to the first 100 customers. That was 10yrs ago when I was in college, now I have a job and a family.

My iPhone is a Part of Me GrandMstrBud's Avatar
    Thanks

Do they work? If not who's buying their iPhones anyway?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Christophxr View Post
    I don't know. Spending a weekend just sitting outside, maybe with a friend or two, getting to know a bunch of strangers over the next few days as well? That actually doesn't sound too bad. It's almost like these Apple lines are social experiments now that I think about it... and that makes it tempting, in a way, to wait in line not for the product, but for the line.

Not... People need to get a job and a life.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Donnutt's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sammy1977 View Post
    Not... People need to get a job and a life.
    They obviously have jobs and are somewhat successful if they can afford to camp outside an apple store for two weeks only to buy an expensive iPhone... I and all of my friends took a week's vacation when Diablo 3 came out. Y'all need to stop hatin' on people just because they choose to spend their time differently.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

The last time I waited online was for the iPhone 3GS, wait time was about 19 hours. It took a lot longer because Apple couldn't handle orders and computers kept crashing left and right. Meanwhile, my boss kept blowing up my phone wondering why I wasn't at work. I actually put my job on the line for that phone, I kept telling myself that I was too close to leave after 19 hours!!! Haven't done that sense, totally not worth it.

Thanks

Geeks and their toys haha.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LUFT5_THOR View Post
    Ok then where do I get a jb for 6.1.4? Clueless lol. Everyone I've known on MMI for years now have a Droid as a secondary or primary device for this very reason.
    Like I said you are clueless. You didn't buy your iphone 5 with 6.1.4 if you "ditched" your 4 for it. Probably means you bought it last year. So if you upgraded to 6.1.4 then you are clueless. You could have jail broke you phone. And FYI, check out evasion. Maybe, just maybe they have a jailbreak for 6.1.4. Smh. Like I said, there will always be a jailbreak for ever iphone on ever firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by Donnutt View Post
    They obviously have jobs and are somewhat successful if they can afford to camp outside an apple store for two weeks only to buy an expensive iPhone... I and all of my friends took a week's vacation when Diablo 3 came out. Y'all need to stop hatin' on people just because they choose to spend their time differently.
    What job lets you miss work for two weeks? Even still they aren't getting paid for those two weeks. If they are making a lot of money then why not just buy one off eBay and still go to work? Paying double for the phone will still save them more money than missing work for two weeks.
    Last edited by frankjc81; 09-09-2013 at 10:19 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Venom1234's Avatar
    Thanks

Losers

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12