+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS Now Dominating Android in Domestic Mobile Browsing Share

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Although iOS was already leading Android in terms of its mobile web browsing share in the United States, the lead has now been blown wide open. According to the findings
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,471 Times in 558 Posts

Default iOS Now Dominating Android in Domestic Mobile Browsing Share

Although iOS was already leading Android in terms of its mobile web browsing share in the United States, the lead has now been blown wide open.

According to the findings of a new study from Quantcast and investment firm Piper Jaffray, iOS now retains a 65 percent market share, up from 61 percent in June. For the time being, Android's share of mobile browsing is just 30 percent.

The new study also reveals that as Android and iOS continue to grow, other mobile platforms continue to struggle, collectively dropping from 11 to 4.66 percent during the same period of time.
    Data presented in the new report is based on more than 1 billion monthly page views being tracked by Quantcast and Piper Jaffray.

"The data also confirms what we already knew from previous studies," observes Jacob Kleinman of TechnoBuffalo. "iPhone owners are more active in general on their devices than their Android counterparts, while iPad users make up 84 percent of the web traffic coming from tablets."

Source: TechnoBuffalo

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

Many android phones are cheap junk, they are slow & sluggish. Unlike apple owners, many android users just use there phones to make calls.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    Many android phones are cheap junk, they are slow & sluggish. Unlike apple owners, many android users just use there phones to make calls.
    Perhaps a lot of smartphone users just want to use a handset mainly as a phone and Apple don't do inexpensive, so lose sales

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

roflmfao, I love when isheep try to form thoughts without using any kind of logical thought

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Lol. Android phones are junk and slow and other stuff. Lol. Seriously tho. Their are nice android phones that are out.

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,304 Times in 705 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bry2k2 View Post
    roflmfao, I love when isheep try to form thoughts without using any kind of logical thought
    Yeah In an iPhone forum....crazy right? How about this. iPhone has about 5 phones give or take. Android has how many? And people use iOS more than android. Go eat a snickers

Thanks

When "what makes a great smartphone" changes by the day as it does now, iPhone or Android is simply a choice. I like a 4" screen others like 5" screen. To each his/her own.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I rarely use my iPhone's Safari Browser and so may be the case with many Android users.
    I mostly have an app for 95% of my "browsing" use and only open Safari in rare occasions.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I agree Android suks Love my IPhone!

iPhone? More like MyPhone MoDaLoT's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tridley68 View Post
    I agree Android suks Love my IPhone!
    Tru dat!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone kyphur's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MoDaLoT View Post
    Tru dat!!!
    About sums up the younger iSheep crowd, illiterate...

The report wasn't limited to phones. Android has 51.8 percent of the US smartphone market with Apple in second at 40.4 percent.

As someone who works in the electronics retail industry I can tell from first hand observation that this is because the Senior Citizens are starting to choose iPads over computers.

Why do they choose iOS? Because it gives them less choices therefore doesn't confuse them so much.

Personally I own iOS, Android & Windows tablets. Each has it's use but my iPad is mostly for playing games and MMI...
    Last edited by kyphur; 09-07-2013 at 05:04 AM.