+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Apple TV May Be Apple's 'One More Thing' Next Tuesday

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default New Apple TV May Be Apple's 'One More Thing' Next Tuesday

Although next Tuesday's iPhone event is expected to be predominantly about the new iPhone 5S (and possibly the iPhone 5C), that doesn't mean the product refreshes will be limited to Apple's smartphone lineup.

With pressure on Apple to innovate, refresh, and roll-out new products at an unprecedented level, some believe that Tim Cook's presentation on Tuesday morning will be jam-packed with announcements that will keep the tech blogosphere buzzing at a frenetic pace for weeks as the new products prepare to ship and eventually reach consumers.

The latest chatter regarding next week's event suggests that Apple may serve up a long overdue Apple TV refresh.

Three overseas shipments to Apple, spotted by the trade intelligence company Panjiva, point to the TV-related product on its way. On Aug. 25, Apple received a shipment called “Set Top Box with Communication Function” from BYD Precision Manufacture in Shenzhen, China, according to Panjiva. One week prior, Apple got another shipment from BYD called "Set Top Boxes." And a week before that, it received one titled “Set Top Box with Communication Function.”
    According to a flurry off rumor-driven published reports over the last 48 hours, Apple's set-top box may prove to be the company's "one more thing" at Tuesday's media spectacle. Let's not forget, of course, that it was just this past May when Apple's CEO publicly spoke of a "grand vision" for television. His comments were soon corroborated with the recent acquisition of Matcha.TV.

Source: HuffingtonPost

Thanks

Hmm..So i guess the actual HDTV is out the window, in favor a Apple TV like box instead? Well, that will keep cost down and make it available to the masses. Hopefully it will have the capabilities we've all been waiting for.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,852 Times in 883 Posts

I sure hope so!! Apple TV with an AppStore would be the best set top. Period

Thanks

I will buy one for my parents! Looking fwd to this announcement

Thanks
    In the past 6 months we have had a ton of new things added to the Apple TVs. It would be stupid of Apple not to fully engage against Google and Roku with making as many things as possible available.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Just so everyone knows, whatever they (Apple) tells their exporter to put on customs documents as a description is what Panjiva will show from the shipping manifest. For electronic devices, companies do use alternate descriptions all the time to keep their competition guessing. This is in no way a reliable source of anything except they received a few boxes of something from overseas.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I hope it can stream UHDTV (4K) contents.
    But knowing Apple it will not be, so they can sell a refresh model when UHDTV is more widely adopted by the public.
    If the rumors is true about it will be compatible with cable providers and act like a DVR, I would be interested.
    Getting sick of my Tivo and do not want to pay rental DVR from cable companies.

Thanks

I'm ready for my dmn smart watch or I'm gonna abandon ship for a year.

Thanks

See I don't know why they don't just make a huge software update with an Appstore for TV apps. Instead of making another AppleTV that's going to just have a better processor! But it already had a processor that will work fine for at least 3 more years! And make a damn USB port for external HDD's but because Apple is so damn concerned about Jailbreaking they will probably never make one, or even just put a Internal HDD into the box.

Thanks

if its allows an appstore that will open the door for jailbreaking and hopefully make it a useful product again, if not then its a paper weight

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bry2k2 View Post
    if its allows an appstore that will open the door for jailbreaking and hopefully make it a useful product again, if not then its a paper weight
    Yup, Jailbreaking really brings out iOS device.