+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Book Says Steve Jobs Would Be 'Embarrassed' By Apple Today

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 565 Posts

Default New Book Says Steve Jobs Would Be 'Embarrassed' By Apple Today

On Tuesday, a controversial new book was published that promises a first-of-its-kind look behind the scenes of Apple and calls into the question the leadership of CEO Tim Cook in the post-Jobs era at Apple.

"If Steve Jobs were still alive," the book's summary reads, "he would be embarrassed by Apple today."

Exploring the "rapid decline of one of America’s greatest success stories," the new work suggests that Time Cook is at the core of Apple's problem - a lack of consistent, impressive product innovation.

Tim Cook, the handpicked successor of Steve Jobs, has largely failed to captivate the imaginations and hearts of the public and investors in his first two years at the helm of Apple.
    Featuring a number controversial revelations from various "Apple insiders," the ebook sparks an honest and largely unbiased debate that looks to settle one of the biggest questions in all of technology today: Is Tim Cook a "catastrophic failure" as CEO of the world’s most profitable company, or is his patient, methodical leadership exactly what Apple needs amidst today’s changing and increasingly competitive mobile landscape?

"Tim Cook: The Core of Apple's Problem"
    is available now on Amazon for $2.99 or free if you're an Amazon Prime subscriber.

Source: Electronic Tech Press (via Amazon)

iPhone? More like MyPhone ThatOneProfile's Avatar
    Thanks

No wonder it's $2.

Thanks

Not many people could replace Steve and it's really easy to be a critic. I don't think that Tim is doing so bad, but I think it's a bit early to tell.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Norb For This Useful Post:

*T* (09-03-2013), Silverado1987 (09-03-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

And we care what this person has to say because why? Tim Cook is doing exactly what Steve Jobs expected him to do. If we are to believe Steve Jobs knew what he was doing then we ought to believe that his plan is being executed according to his vision. He worked with Tim Cook for better than a decade and by all accounts Cook's management style hasn't changed one iota since Steve passed away. So nothing has happened that Steve Jobs didn't expect. Yet this nobody author assumes he knows that Jobs would be ashamed of Apple? This writer is a joke.
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to politicalslug For This Useful Post:

Itchybums (09-04-2013), MJORGE_ (09-04-2013), vazzana (09-04-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

38 pages? Hardly an in-depth exposé.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stevelucky For This Useful Post:

*T* (09-03-2013), thefinalhack (09-03-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,307 Times in 2,723 Posts

In trying to figure out how apple is on this major decline as well. Lol

Point is. Jobs had the plan formulated before he left. The puppets are doing exactly what they are suppose to. Eventually we will have an icar. Or maybe iteleportation? Who knows. Tim Cook does. And we don't.

Congratulations to this guys one second of fame. He got it being mean to someone else. Which means in the end he will lose. Have a great day

10. The Following User Says Thank You to hemptation For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (09-03-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Tim Cook worked under Steve for 13 years. There's nothing wrong except the iPhone not having a 5" screen. Everything else is great!

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

People please, I don't like the iPhone but LOVE iOS, that's why I'm here. Apple had a 3 year head start on the mobile phone platform. There is NO reason why android should have the market it has today. There is plenty of room for hardware improvement when it comes to the iPhone itself. A MAJOR one would be a bigger screen, please stop saying people don't want this, they do! Apple needs to step it up big time, they have plenty of money sitting in the bank to make it happened. The days of bringing us incremental upgrades don't work anymore. Unfortunately, that's what we will see next week.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to hogcia For This Useful Post:

MJORGE_ (09-04-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

IMO, 38 pages is a report, not a "book."

Thanks

he would be tim has no creativity and doesn't care much for the end user

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    People please, I don't like the iPhone but LOVE iOS, that's why I'm here. Apple had a 3 year head start on the mobile phone platform. There is NO reason why android should have the market it has today. There is plenty of room for hardware improvement when it comes to the iPhone itself. A MAJOR one would be a bigger screen, please stop saying people don't want this, they do! Apple needs to step it up big time, they have plenty of money sitting in the bank to make it happened. The days of bringing us incremental upgrades don't work anymore. Unfortunately, that's what we will see next week.
    +1

Thanks
    Thanked 1,718 Times in 851 Posts

Apple is still doing very well, indeed. Some people out there want Apple to fail soooo badly they'll say anything, even if that means destroying their credibility in the process.

Thanks

I certainly do not want a bigger screen. The iPhone 5 is a great size.

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

Mr. Cook is a supply-chain expert...and Mr.. Jobs' hand-picked successor. So yeah, Cook is not a visionary and so no, nobody else is going to do much better.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I'm wondering how you can like iOS but not the iPhone? Surely you can't run it without one....?

I for one am still running iPhone4 on iOS 5.1.1 JB. I like the size of the screen. I don't fancy running around with a tablet stuck to my face!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hemptation View Post
    In trying to figure out how apple is on this major decline as well. Lol

Point is. Jobs had the plan formulated before he left. The puppets are doing exactly what they are suppose to. Eventually we will have an icar. Or maybe iteleportation? Who knows. Tim Cook does. And we don't.

Congratulations to this guys one second of fame. He got it being mean to someone else. Which means in the end he will lose. Have a great day
    I forgot Job's exact words but I remember him saying he would never do a 7" tablet. Jobs also mention that the 3.5" was the best size. One thing I notice between Jobs and Cook is that Jobs. Job's ideas separate him from anyone else but Cook is just a follower. Cook is doing things planned out for the company but also making changes to follow what is trending. 7" tablets were becoming popular so he made the mini. Bigger screens starting to become popular so he came out with the 4". This year seems to be colors. Nokia, Moto, and other companies put out various colors of their phone. I guess cook decided that colors are the new thing and like any follower he is doing colors. Cook is good but would never be a leader and creator like Jobs. If the +5" phone screen continues to be popular dont be surprise to see a 5" iphone next year.

Thanks

i moved from iphone to android specifically because the screen is just too small for me and i wanted more choice to do want i want to my phone without a jailbreak. this is why apple NEED to have more devices in their line up with differing screen sizes... 4,5,7,10+ it should be that way everyone is catered for... oh and more customisation without a jailbreak too.. and proper bluetooth support not the chopped down version apple currently force on every iphone user. id love to see expandable memory on iphone as well

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOneProfile View Post
    No wonder it's $2.
    Authors are like assholes everyone is entitled their own opinion Steve may be dead but his legacy lives on threw those that had the honor and pleasure to capture his ideas and keep his vision of the safest and most secure phone and best phone in my opinion alive and making his company money hand over fist.

iPhone? More like MyPhone djarkiz's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by politicalslug View Post
    And we care what this person has to say because why? Tim Cook is doing exactly what Steve Jobs expected him to do. If we are to believe Steve Jobs knew what he was doing then we ought to believe that his plan is being executed according to his vision. He worked with Tim Cook for better than a decade and by all accounts Cook's management style hasn't changed one iota since Steve passed away. So nothing has happened that Steve Jobs didn't expect. Yet this nobody author assumes he knows that Jobs would be ashamed of Apple? This writer is a joke.
    Really? iPhone 4S = fail, iPhone 5 = fail, the innovation and step ahead of other companies died with Steve jobs, they should be a lot farther ahead of companies like Samsung and their not, I've pointed this out before, Steve jobs = quality, Tim cook = profit

25. The Following User Says Thank You to djarkiz For This Useful Post:

hogcia (09-04-2013)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stevelucky View Post
    38 pages? Hardly an in-depth exposé.
    How many pages do you need to tell someone they suck? Are you looking for facts? You get no facts, just statistics. 38 pages is sufficient enough for it to get read.