+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Report: Apple to Ship 65 Million iWatches in Product's First Year

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
...
  1. #1
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Valparaiso, Indiana
    Posts
    3,615
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

    Default Report: Apple to Ship 65 Million iWatches in Product's First Year


    We haven't yet seen the iWatch or even confirmed its development by Apple. But some claim to already know how many units of the iWatch will ship in its first year of availability.

    Priced at $199, the touchscreen smartwatch from Apple will likely see shipments of approximately 65 million units during its first twelve months of market availability.

    Wang Wanli, an analyst with CIMB Securities Limited, tells the Commercial Times of China that the iWatch will probably launch in the second half of 2014. With a corresponding shipment estimate of 63.4 million units in the first year alone, Wanli's numbers suggest that the iWatch may put up the kind of numbers we saw from iPod sales between 2008 and 2010.

    The CIMB Group analyst also says a Taiwanese manufacturer called Inventec will produce roughly 60 percent of the orders for Apple’s smartwatch. The rumor mill indicates that Quanta Computer will produce the remaining 40 percent of iWatch units during its first year of production.

    Source: The Commercial Times of China (via Apple Insider)

  2. #2
    What's Jailbreak? floridaguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    29
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Cool!

  3. #3
    iPhone? More like MyPhone tankz504's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    259
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 40 Times in 33 Posts

    I hope this does not suck.

  4. #4
    iPhoneaholic Donnutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Great Falls Montana
    Posts
    483
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 35 Times in 28 Posts

    If apple did to the sports watch industry what it did for the smartphone industry, their stocks would look amazing!

  5. #5
    Livin the iPhone Life slim.jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Maryland, US
    Posts
    1,008
    Thanks
    115
    Thanked 128 Times in 98 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Essany View Post
    Priced at $199, the touchscreen smartwatch from Apple will likely see shipments of approximately 65 million units during its first twelve months of market availability.
    Lol, this is written as if it is FACT. No one knows anything about it outside Apple's campus.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to slim.jim For This Useful Post:

    buggsy2 (08-29-2013)

  7. #6
    iPhone? More like MyPhone romeo_herman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    296
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 42 Times in 15 Posts

    I hope this jailbreakable...

  8. #7
    Green Apple BUcLAo69's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    87
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Well, only if it can make calls as well I would buy it 4sho

  9. #8
    iPhoneaholic jose060789's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    361
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 40 Times in 29 Posts

    I think every company that's planned or is planning to make a smart watch is going overboard. Why the hell would I want a "smart" watch when I already have a "smart" phone? I'm pretty sure it's going to be expansive and there's nothing the smart watch can't do that my smart phone can already do.
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

  10. #9
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    66
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 13 Times in 8 Posts

    Can't wait for the iwatch 1s. I hear it has a larger screen, faster processor and an upgraded camera lens.

  11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to spectrum For This Useful Post:

    buggsy2 (08-29-2013), Dphillipds (08-29-2013), pkmaximum (08-29-2013), Sage I (08-28-2013), Scheuerle (08-29-2013)

  12. #10
    iPhoneaholic bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    472
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 46 Times in 35 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by spectrum View Post
    Can't wait for the iwatch 1s. I hear it has a larger screen, faster processor and an upgraded camera lens.
    +1S

  13. #11
    Livin the iPhone Life slim.jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Maryland, US
    Posts
    1,008
    Thanks
    115
    Thanked 128 Times in 98 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by jose060789 View Post
    I think every company that's planned or is planning to make a smart watch is going overboard. Why the hell would I want a "smart" watch when I already have a "smart" phone? I'm pretty sure it's going to be expansive and there's nothing the smart watch can't do that my smart phone can already do.
    Personally I would rather spend the money on a nice automatic watch.

  14. #12
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    84
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts

    Last edited by garfielgato2; 08-28-2013 at 01:49 PM.

  15. #13
    My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Woodland Hills, CA + Santa Cruz, CA
    Posts
    579
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 109 Times in 73 Posts

    Seriously, this article is just nonsense. No way anyone could know this. I doubt even the manufacturers in China or Taiwan have any clue what to expect at this point in regards to volume. As for 65 million, that's just retarded. By all accounts it's a safe bet that the iWatch would be constrained by the Apple ecosystem and would only work with other Apple products. Somehow the author writing drivel thought it a safe assumption that nearly every iOS device sale in 2014 would be accompanied by this iWatch. I find that highly doubtful. If I had to guess, I would think that more than half of all smartphone users, if not more, don't even wear watches as a direct result of carrying a smartphone, you know, that device that does everything a watch does. If there's a market for this product, it most certainly isn't as large as the market for smartphones.
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to politicalslug For This Useful Post:

    pkmaximum (08-29-2013)

  17. #14
    Livin the iPhone Life bigboyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    North East Coast
    Posts
    1,541
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 170 Times in 122 Posts

    I want a list of capabilities. I don't wear a watch. Will this make me change my mind? Give me my list

  18. #15
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    115
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 17 Times in 12 Posts

    I'll pass. I've only owned Timex Ironmans for the last 25 years. And my iPhone is always on me. I am not about to take a phone call on my watch.

  19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peacedog For This Useful Post:

    dsg (08-28-2013), jose060789 (08-28-2013), Sage I (08-28-2013)

  20. #16
    iPhoneaholic jose060789's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    361
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 40 Times in 29 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by peacedog View Post
    I'll pass. I've only owned Timex Ironmans for the last 25 years. And my iPhone is always on me. I am not about to take a phone call on my watch.
    Someone that agrees with me. +1
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to jose060789 For This Useful Post:

    Sage I (08-28-2013)

  22. #17
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,434
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 185 Times in 145 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by slim.jim View Post
    Lol, this is written as if it is FACT. No one knows anything about it outside Apple's campus.
    And I'd gather that no one inside of Apple's campus knows anything about it either. Apple have never ever so much as hinted at a "Smart Watch"....the Internet invented this product for Apple.

    Here is an equally valid "Report"

    Report: Apple to ship 64 Million bronzed placenta in the first year of it's launch.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to feidhlim1986 For This Useful Post:

    quidam_brujah (08-30-2013)

  24. #18
    Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,672
    Thanks
    2,488
    Thanked 1,608 Times in 667 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by politicalslug View Post
    Seriously, this article is just nonsense. No way anyone could know this. I doubt even the manufacturers in China or Taiwan have any clue what to expect at this point in regards to volume. As for 65 million, that's just retarded. By all accounts it's a safe bet that the iWatch would be constrained by the Apple ecosystem and would only work with other Apple products. Somehow the author writing drivel thought it a safe assumption that nearly every iOS device sale in 2014 would be accompanied by this iWatch. I find that highly doubtful. If I had to guess, I would think that more than half of all smartphone users, if not more, don't even wear watches as a direct result of carrying a smartphone, you know, that device that does everything a watch does. If there's a market for this product, it most certainly isn't as large as the market for smartphones.
    BINGO!!! I don't wear a watch either because I have my iPhone and it does for me everything I could and do need. No need to have a watch that does the same damn thing. Partially why I haven't spend 600-800.00 on a iPad yet either.

  25. #19
    dsg
    dsg is offline
    Livin the iPhone Life dsg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,760
    Thanks
    3,133
    Thanked 1,776 Times in 710 Posts

    I just don't see the point of a smart watch

    Edit: they must be clairvoyant if they know that much info
    Last edited by dsg; 08-28-2013 at 07:17 PM.
    privacy isn't about having something to hide

    look here all grammar police, indulge me.

  26. #20
    Theme Creator Jahooba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,894
    Thanks
    1,419
    Thanked 1,691 Times in 835 Posts

    I hope it doesn't look like that thing in the banner image. Eugh!

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts