Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple TV Updated with Channels for Disney, Smithsonian, Weather and Vevo

Thanks

Default Apple TV Updated with Channels for Disney, Smithsonian, Weather and Vevo

The Apple TV set-top box has been recently updated with a number of new dedicated channels. The channels include: Disney Channel, Disney X D, Vevo, Weather Channel and content from the Smithsonian Channel. The launch of the new content options on Apple TV comes just a few days after it was revealed that Apple had inked a deal with Vevo to provide music video content to its HDTV accessory.

The Cupertino California company has been steadily adding channels to the Apple TV through new dedicated apps throughout the year. The last major update came in June, when Apple added HBO Go, WatchESPN, Sky News, CrunchyRoll and Qello. The company even has established programming partners for its Apple TV which include Hulu Plus, Netflix, Major League Baseball, the National Basketball Association, the National Hockey League, Vimeo, YouTube, Flickr and The Wall Street Journal.

The next major direction for Apple TV may be live and on demand content from cable providers. The company has been rumored to be working with Time Warner Cable to provide streaming content to existing cable subscribers without the need to have a dedicated cable box. The recent update also arrives in the middle of rumors that Apple is in the process of negotiating directly with content providers for a new product category that may be a realization of the company’s long-rumored television-set. As of right now, it has been said that Apple hasn’t had much success in negotiations with cable providers, prompting the company to turn to content providers themselves.

We’ll have to wait and see what’s in store for the Apple TV next.

Source: Apple (Thanks to all the MMi users who sent this in)

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Akshay Masand For This Useful Post:

bisayakid07 (08-27-2013)

Weather channel is cool

Don't see any new channels on my ATV3 but I'm from the UK, so we get screwed sideways anyways by Apple.

ROKU is still a better device.

Thanks

Sweet!

A streaming deal from incumbent providers [cable] would give me a reason to take my ATV on the road. Ink a deal with Comcast.