+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 47,000 BlackBerry World Apps Published By One Developer

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default 47,000 BlackBerry World Apps Published By One Developer

According to John Paczkowski of AllThingsD, roughly one-third of all BlackBerry World apps were published by one developer.

Following an initial investigation by BerryReview, it was subsequently uncovered that 47,000 of the applications available were, in fact, created by a developer called S4BB.

When you step back for a moment to consider that there are only 120,000 apps available in BlackBerry World, it's a remarkable discovery - and a somewhat remarkable embarrassment for BlackBerry.

S4BB, after all, is a developer for whom “quality doesn’t appear to be a priority.”

As Paczkowski explains, some of S4BB’s creations are barely apps at all.

Among its offerings: Innumerable lock apps, repurposed city guides, audiobooks, and an array of content apps that seem to be built around RSS feeds from the White House, the Environmental Protection Agency, the National Weather Service and the CDC. And then there’s Mega Shaver, Mega Machine Gun and, inevitably, Mega Fart.
    For now, BlackBerry doesn't have much to say about its busiest app developer.

“Developers in all app stores employ a number of different monetization tactics. BlackBerry World is an open market for developers and we let market forces dictate the success or failure of these tactics,” BlackBerry spokesman Adam Emery reportedly stated. “Discoverability in overcrowded stores continues to be an issue affecting all developers. This is why we have worked hand in hand with developers on the Built for BlackBerry program to help showcase apps and games that exemplify the power of BlackBerry 10.”

Source: AllThingsD

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I bought most his apps when I was a kid on BB but I hate that I needed to pay a subscription to the network provider every month to enjoy most of the things that are basic

Thanks

I wonder when BB will be gone, because they will be gone! What direction BB users will go?! Android?! or IOS?!

Thanks

BB..just DIE. Thank you in advance.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Go home blackberry....you're drunk!

Thanks

I read this yesterday and was cracking up. BB really didn't need this news but the devs must have made a killing.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

A lot of people still get them given to them free of charge for work phones. One day bb will be gone. As fast as the news came for the new z10 it was gone.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

Lol. BB OS10 is quite good. Android is ****. ios is the best but i still use my z10 a lot.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hitman10 View Post
    Lol. BB OS10 is quite good. Android is ****. ios is the best but i still use my z10 a lot.
    As an openly admitting iPhone fanboy, I have to say android has come a long way