+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Samsung Claims the Start of the Anti-Apple Ads was a "Tipping Point" for the Company

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    Thanks

Default Samsung Claims the Start of the Anti-Apple Ads was a "Tipping Point" for the Company

According to one of the executives at Samsung, the line of ads which mock Apple’s iPhone and its devotees marked a tipping point for the South Korean electronics firm, one that sparked conversation that has propelled Samsung’s brand on to become one of the most valuable in the world. Samsung and Apple account for more than 100% of the profits in the smartphone industry when considering the losses of other manufacturers. The South Korean manufacturer is the top handset maker in the world in terms of overall units sold, though it significantly lags Apple in terms of profit from those devices.

When Samsung began mocking the industry-leading iPhone, “that really did mark quite a tipping point for us globally,” according to the company’s chief marketing officer Arno Lenoir. According to Lenoir:

We were able to tell a cheeky story, if you think about it, we're a Korean company starting to really mess with the order of things.
    Samsung has indeed seen its value share growing steadily as it has focused more on mocking Apple’s products. In 2012, Samsung took 34% of smartphone profits and the firm took 43% in the first quarter of 2013, then 50% in the second quarter. Samsung’s latest iPhone competitor, the Galaxy S4, revealed to positive but largely unimpressed reviews as well. The device still ended up selling very well, moving 20 million units just months after its release. The statistics ended making the Galaxy S4 Samsung’s best-selling phone to date, though it was still behind the pace of Apple’s iPhone. That being said, Lenoir still sees Samsung as being a “challenger” in the industry. According to him:

I don't think the public sees us as a market leader just yet, and I quite like that. I like being thought of as a challenger brand – I think even though we will be in most segments a market leader, we will always be acting like a challenger. And that comes back to that perpetual state-of-crisis mindset.
    The “state-of-crisis mindset” that Lenoir was referring to is a reference to the company’s continual investment in research and development, with the company’s attitude being that it could go on the downslope at any time. According to Lenoir:

We look at things like the S&P 500 companies in 1997. 87 percent of those companies are no longer in existence, whether they've been bought or merged or just failed.
    Source: AdNews

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

iPhone? More like MyPhone regkilla's Avatar
    Thanks

I found non of Samsung's commercials funny nor epic.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Breezy215's Avatar
    Thanks

I love how Samsuck and Microsoftie love to attack Apple while Apple doesn't even waste their time with responding with negative ads, instead... They just remain at the top...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Breezy215 For This Useful Post:

Snipers168 (08-15-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by regkilla View Post
    I found non of Samsung's commercials funny nor epic.

I love my iPhone 5 but have to admit I got a chuckle from their ads.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Lol, the guy for Samsung makes it sound like they've done something totally new by making anti-Apple ads...this kind of stuff has been around for a long time. Companies are always running ads trying to make the best of them look bad.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fidosam View Post
    I love my iPhone 5 but have to admit I got a chuckle from their ads.
    True
    I got an iPhone 5 as well n luv it
    but samsungs ads, yeah they did crack me up
    I even tried samsung galaxy s3, but couldn't continue to use, I guess android is not my thing.....

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Their attack ads just make me want to purchase more Apple products .

9. The Following User Says Thank You to tridley68 For This Useful Post:

Snipers168 (08-15-2013)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy215 View Post
    I love how Samsuck and Microsoftie love to attack Apple while Apple doesn't even waste their time with responding with negative ads, instead... They just remain at the top...
    apple did, with the Mac vs PC commercials or do you just have selective memory. most of apple's lead has eroded away and what remains is being aggressively challenged--example., iPad once was 90% of the tablet market share now its in the 30's. but more important than market share is rate of growth. Samsung alone saw near 300% growth, 2 or 3 other Android device makers saw something like 200% growth.

Aggressive growth-like my 401k investments ramp up really quickly and you see large returns in a very short space of time. at some point it will peak and then you switch from aggressive to security., ie less growth, greater stability.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Venom1234's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    apple did, with the Mac vs PC commercials or do you just have selective memory. most of apple's lead has eroded away and what remains is being aggressively challenged--example., iPad once was 90% of the tablet market share now its in the 30's. but more important than market share is rate of growth. Samsung alone saw near 300% growth, 2 or 3 other Android device makers saw something like 200% growth.

Aggressive growth-like my 401k investments ramp up really quickly and you see large returns in a very short space of time. at some point it will peak and then you switch from aggressive to security., ie less growth, greater stability.
    Careful everyone DO NOT feed the troll. He's back but will eventually crawl back into his pathetic hole called Android very soon.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Venom1234 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (08-14-2013), thefinalhack (08-14-2013)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy215 View Post
    Do you even remember the "I'm a Mac" commercials? I'm guessing not.

Edit: Thread updated while I was away. Oops.

Still stands that there will be apologists for Apple around every corner.

Thanks

"we will always be acting like a challenger"
    Yeah no, how can you ever be the leader if you simply copy the leader but never innovate.
    Last edited by 2k1; 08-14-2013 at 11:39 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone romeo_herman's Avatar
    Thanks

Lucky guys at the back in the ads, they got free iPhone......

Thanks

I agree with you 100% @breezy215..... Samsung and Microsoft needs to back-off because Apple is good at what they do. Those Samsung ads are really annoying to me and oh BTW love how you call it: Samsuck LMAO!!!!! And again yes I have an iPhone 5 as well @fidosam and almand3000. I love the design of it and feel, but, iPhone 5S is coming out soon tho. I'm just gonna stick with the iPhone 5 for now until next year. Trust me I have put a lot of money into Apple ever since the first Gen of iPhone that was introduce back in 2007!!! Any new model that came out I got it lolz.....