+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: How Would You Feel About An OS X Modeled After iOS 7?

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
...
  1. #1
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    7,025
    Thanks
    209
    Thanked 1,030 Times in 755 Posts

    Default How Would You Feel About An OS X Modeled After iOS 7?


    OS X Mavericks may not be getting a complete makeover like iOS 7 will be giving to iOS, but that doesn’t stop designers’ minds from running wild with ideas of what OS X could look like if Apple were to make their renowned desktop operating system look more like the flatter iOS.

    Shown above, graphic designer Stu Crew re-creates the interfaces of Mac OS X to give it the flatter look that iOS 7 will be adopting this Fall. Notable right off the bat are the flatter interfaces, the hollow window buttons, white canvases, and skinnier fonts among other changes.

    The designer took Jonathan Ive's name and combined it with the OS X Mavericks name to name this design OS X Ivericks. It has a nice ring to it, wouldn't you say?

    Below are more images of the designer's project that depict individual applications with the flatter user interface style:

    Finder:



    Calculator:



    Contacts:



    Siri:
    Yes, the designer has even given OS X the Siri treatment.



    The calculator interface looks like something right out of iOS 7, but in OS X form; it has those white and orange buttons with the skinny number font in them. The contacts application interface gets circular images for contact pictures, as well as blue outline buttons. Notably, Siri takes design cues from iOS 7 as well, but with a wider, notebook screen-style interface.

    The designer also re-created interfaces for Notes, iTunes MiniPlayer, Notification Center, SpotLight, and others. You can view them and more on Stu's blog page, which is available at this link.

    How would you feel if OS X took on the look and feel of iOS 7?

    Sources: Stu Crew via TUAW

  2. #2
    dsg
    dsg is online now
    Livin the iPhone Life dsg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,849
    Thanks
    3,586
    Thanked 2,034 Times in 789 Posts

    not very happy, in fact very pissed off, because it would mean Apple has abandoned it's original user base, also I don't want an OS based on a phone OS which it's self was a cut down version of a computer OS in the first place
    Last edited by dsg; 08-09-2013 at 09:51 PM.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to dsg For This Useful Post:

    AgainAndAgain (08-10-2013)

  4. #3
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    31
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
    not very happy, in fact very pissed off, because it would mean Apple has abandoned it's original user base, also I don't want an OS based on a phone OS which it's self was a cut down version of a computer OS in the first place
    Amen.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fimeg For This Useful Post:

    dsg (08-09-2013)

  6. #4
    My iPhone is a Part of Me gdd2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    in a barred spiral galaxy on the Cepheus-Draco border
    Posts
    619
    Thanks
    263
    Thanked 361 Times in 225 Posts

    On word: NO.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gdd2010 For This Useful Post:

    dsg (08-09-2013), iH85CH001 (08-10-2013)

  8. #5
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    Posts
    37
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    It's great on the phone. Not on my personal computer.

  9. #6
    Super Moderator Cowboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Owasso,OK
    Posts
    30,675
    Thanks
    1,049
    Thanked 3,866 Times in 2,206 Posts

    It looks horrific on the phone why would i want that on OSX?
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

    Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cowboy For This Useful Post:

    AgainAndAgain (08-10-2013), dsg (08-09-2013), iH85CH001 (08-10-2013)

  11. #7
    *T*
    *T* is offline
    Grumpy *T*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Turn around slowly...
    Posts
    670
    Thanks
    122
    Thanked 48 Times in 39 Posts

    Looks awesome! dsg, im not sure what you're talking about. Apple is not going to remove all the features, just change the design. People that want to stay in the past can have Windows 98: which was a very good OS btw. For those that want to advance, here is what the future looks like.

  12. #8
    The Unknown Anonymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Antarctica
    Posts
    2,758
    Thanks
    427
    Thanked 997 Times in 628 Posts

    It looks absolutely terrible.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrquarter View Post
    It's great on the phone. Not on my personal computer.
    To be honest, it doesn't really look great on the phone.

    Quote Originally Posted by *T* View Post
    Looks awesome! dsg, im not sure what you're talking about. Apple is not going to remove all the features, just change the design. People that want to stay in the past can have Windows 98: which was a very good OS btw. For those that want to advance, here is what the future looks like.
    I'm pretty sure dsg knows that it's only the design that changes. But he/she doesn't like the design change, and I must agree.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 08-09-2013 at 11:42 PM.

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anonymous For This Useful Post:

    AgainAndAgain (08-10-2013), iH85CH001 (08-10-2013)

  14. #9
    Theme Creator kuanyu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,446
    Thanks
    732
    Thanked 944 Times in 535 Posts

    I don't want to see these colourful, bright and out of contrast icons and UI on my computer. And please, enough with the gaussian blur effect. The current OS X is fine.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to kuanyu For This Useful Post:

    iH85CH001 (08-10-2013)

  16. #10
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    181
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts

    My first thought on seeing the headline was, 'No. Just no'.
    Then I saw it and although I don't like the look of it on a small screen, I think it looks quite good up large.

  17. #11
    iPhoneaholic iH85CH001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    305
    Thanks
    382
    Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts

    Im never upgrading to mavericks as of now. This would just make mavericks totally worse. 10.8 and 6.1.2 is where i will stay forever, and if i cant do that thats when i get a nice blackberry z10. Truly that seems like a nice phone to me. The only problem is its not popular so its not gonna have a lot of support online or whatever. And features like bbm and others will be hard to use because no one has blackberrys anymore

    And for the computer i would have to go with a windows 7 something because windows 8 sucks ballz also.

  18. #12
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    317
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 28 Times in 26 Posts

    That 💩 is HORRIBLY UGLY A** F#%K!!!! They've already ruined iOS please not OSX it's a beautiful design. The only cool thing about iOS 7 is ALL the Cydia tweaks

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to atorres062 For This Useful Post:

    iH85CH001 (08-10-2013)

  20. #13
    Go Wings Zokunei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    6,433
    Thanks
    176
    Thanked 478 Times in 387 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
    not very happy, in fact very pissed off, because it would mean Apple has abandoned it's original user base, also I don't want an OS based on a phone OS which it's self was a cut down version of a computer OS in the first place
    The last two releases of OS X had multiple features based off iOS.

  21. #14
    Green Apple Dolanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    30
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts

    They should just add
    Classic UI and Improved UI option
    When your setting up your apple device,
    That should solve the problem.
    I personally like the new UI.
    I find it cleaner, simple and yet very stylish.

  22. #15
    My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Woodland Hills, CA + Santa Cruz, CA
    Posts
    579
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 109 Times in 73 Posts

    I'm not feeling it much yet, but if it removes enough graphical glut to return my 2010 MacBook Air to the speed it had under 10.6 then I'm all for it. Really I just want my MBA to scream again. 10.7 slowed me down a bit but 10.8 really kicks my MBA in the butt.
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

  23. #16
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    248
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 43 Times in 32 Posts

    Man, you nerds really have no sense of style. Whilst the crowd cheered for the new look of iOS 7, I find that the nerdier/angstier a person is, the less likely they are to like the theme.

    Kinda weird.

    Anyway, this would look ******* badass. I wish I could at least find a way to modify my Mac's theme to look more like iOS 7.

  24. #17
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Stop getting your panties in a bunch, it is not Mavericks, it is a designer having fun with Photoshop.

    I would welcome theme options since the last half *** 3rd party version died with 10.5.

  25. #18
    Green Apple Pepsolman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    88
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
    not very happy, in fact very pissed off, because it would mean Apple has abandoned it's original user base, also I don't want an OS based on a phone OS which it's self was a cut down version of a computer OS in the first place
    Dear Sir, I believe you said it all for us.

    :end thread:

  26. #19
    iPhoneaholic iH85CH001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    305
    Thanks
    382
    Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by atorres062 View Post
    That �� is HORRIBLY UGLY A** F#%K!!!! They've already ruined iOS please not OSX it's a beautiful design. The only cool thing about iOS 7 is ALL the Cydia tweaks
    I agree 100%.

  27. #20
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    244
    Thanks
    234
    Thanked 19 Times in 16 Posts

    Thumbs down Hell NO!
    Well, the day they do either turning OSX into IOS-like garbage, or flattening all decorations is the day this Mac user (2 macbook airs, 4 imacs, 1 mac pro) quits using apple.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts