+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: President Obama Reportedly in Talks with Tech Leaders Regarding Government Surveillance

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    Thanks

Default President Obama Reportedly in Talks with Tech Leaders Regarding Government Surveillance

According to a recently released report from Politico, President Barack Obama met with a number of technology leaders, including Apple CEO Tim Cook, and civil rights leaders to discuss government surveillance activities, which as many of you know has been a hot topic recently. The meeting was held behind closed doors according to sources and was the second such high-level talk regarding government surveillance issues this week. The White House declined to reveal topics discussed in the meeting as did those who attended.

Cook was supposedly joined by AT&T CEO Randall Stephenson, Google’s Chief Internet evangelist and legendary computer scientist Vint Cerf, and Public Knowledge President Gigi Sohn. Representatives from the Center for Democracy and Technology were also present according to the sources.

Based on an anonymous White House aide, the meetings are also seen as part of a larger initiative that seeks to find balance between the government’s counterterrorism policies and personal privacy. According to the anonymous aide:

This is one of a number of discussions the administration is having with experts and stakeholders in response to the president’s directive to have a national dialogue about how to best protect privacy in a digital era, including how to respect privacy while defending our national security.
    The recent meeting wasn’t the first time that President Obama has reached out to industry leaders or Cook specifically for input on matters of policy. In 2012, the President called Cook, along with a few other top business executives to discuss the so-called “fiscal cliff.” Eventually the results of the discussion will surface.

Source: Politico

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Um. Stock photo to show "Tech Leaders", I'm guessing...???

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

yup...horrible picture.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    yup...horrible picture.
    They only came for the free dinner they could care less about this D-ck head obamma his drama will be gone soon.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tridley68 For This Useful Post:

iH85CH001 (08-09-2013)

Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tridley68 View Post
    They only came for the free dinner they could care less about this D-ck head obamma his drama will be gone soon.
    *Like*
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tridley68 View Post
    you cant even spell.

Thanks

Isn't that pic of the old meeting/dinner he threw to thank them for their participation in prism?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    you cant even spell.
    Well I got my point across now didn't i