+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's Chinese Suppliers in Hot Water Over Water Pollution

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
With much greater frequency than Apple would prefer, the company's Chinese suppliers are once again in hot water tonight over the issue of water itself. In particular, Chinese regulators are
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default Apple's Chinese Suppliers in Hot Water Over Water Pollution

With much greater frequency than Apple would prefer, the company's Chinese suppliers are once again in hot water tonight over the issue of water itself.

In particular, Chinese regulators are scrutinizing two suppliers following allegations by environmental groups that these plants continue to dump large amounts of toxic heavy metals into local rivers.

The plants coming under fire are owned by Taiwanese companies Foxconn Technology Group and UniMicron Technology Corp., both of which are included in Apple's 2013 supplier list.

Sources close to the ongoing instigation into these claims insist that it will take a long time to determine the veracity of the claims made, although if wrongdoing is uncovered, punishments will be handed down.

With each passing year, concerns about environmental contaminants grow more pronounced. And it's understandable as to why that is. According to the Wall Street Journal, Chinese researchers say that between 8% and 20% of China's arable land - roughly 25 to 60 million acres - "may now be contaminated with heavy metals."

Source: WSJ

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Not looking so hot for the apple factories.

Thanks

I mean who really cares? This will not effect Apple in any way. Worst case scenario, they find another company to make their products. There are many out there. Nobody will stop buying Apple products because of this.

Thanks

Huh. The optimist in me says, 'great going guys! Save the planet!' And the pessimist in me says, 'sneaky guys trying to find another way to put an American corp at a disadvantage for the local Chinese corps.'