+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 48

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Obama Administration Vetoes Partial Ban on Import and Sale of Certain Apple Products

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Well what makes me laugh is their going to fine people of don't have health insurance. If that's the case if they don't have to money for Heath insurance? What
...
  1. #21
    Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,811
    Thanks
    2,530
    Thanked 1,644 Times in 689 Posts

    Well what makes me laugh is their going to fine people of don't have health insurance. If that's the case if they don't have to money for Heath insurance? What makes them think their going to have money for the fine? Lmao

    How about for vets that don't have a job and go to the VA for medical help? The government going to fine us also?

  2. #22
    King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,290
    Thanks
    41,234
    Thanked 17,402 Times in 6,355 Posts

    If only Mr117 gave out all the facts. It's funny that you only mention the positives in all your ranting. Apparently there aren't any negative impacts to these programs. Where is the money coming from to fund all this healthcare?

    I'm definitely not a kid, and I am not getting into this discussion here, but please do some more research and find out all the "facts" as you call them. Leaving out information is no different that lying. I'm done, you can reply as you wish, but won't get more from me here.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

  3. #23
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    408
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 42 Times in 34 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    besides rescue our pesky economy from the brink of collapse
    besides ensure that millions of uninsured Americans can now afford healthcare
    besides kicking more illegals out of the country than any other president
    besides getting our troops out of Iraq (you know, that FALSE war started by the previous administration)
    besides killing Osama Bin Laden
    besides extending unemployment insurance to millions who were out of work after Bush squandered the Clinton budget surplus.
    besides fixing the school loan debacle.
    besides keeping us out of the Syrian conflict
    besides putting 2 moderates on the supreme court
    besides offering budget cuts 10 to 1 that the republicans refused !!!!! by far my favorite one.

    besides achieving all that he as in spite of tea baggers and republicans *Mitch McConnel whose "number one goal is to make sure Obama is a one term president" in spite of a republican house majority who REFUSE every effort of every agenda he has to please their party rather than serve their country the only thing you can say is that he helped apple who has billions of dollars in off shore accounts who's manufacturing is over seas to under paid exploited Chinese and who doesn't give a squat about you.

    how old are you again?
    Ok so tripling the national debt to $18 trillion and taking outlandish vacations and golf outings for all his friends as political favors obama care what a joke link cards what a joke Obama phones what a joke it is a very good thing that rod blogovich is not talking cause Obama would be facing a federal rap thank god he will be gone soon so we can start fixing his mess and get this country back on track and get rid of all the freeloaders god bless Bush and Regan it is strong brilliant men that have built this country,

  4. #24
    The Dude Abides mr117's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    595
    Thanks
    49
    Thanked 100 Times in 74 Posts

    Ranting? Nowhere am I ranting. This started with my stating that political opinions placed in comments about cellphones in this blog were out of place. Since certain of you wish to discuss healthcare as it will be next year (and since none of us can be sure how it will play out yet) I responded to that. I am not an apologist for anyone, nor am I willing to let someone call me a liar because I state that I don't wish to pay anyone else's healthcare costs (are you listening, Mr King O Hill?). Do you?

    Here is what I said re healthcare in my previous post. Where are the lies? Where are the negatives I have left out?

    "No- I don't think so. Instead of young green apples having NO health insurance (always assuming they don't need it because they are young), when they or their families DO need it they go to the emergency room and I and other taxpayers end up paying for it because, well, health care is available for the uninsured if you get it at the emergency room. Under the new plan (which, btw, has not even taken affect yet- not until 2014), everyone will need some form of health care and hopefully those of us who pay (state) taxes will have the burden lifted from us of having to pay for yours. In any event, YOU can't possibly know if it will work or not, as it, as I said, hasn't even been fully implemented yet. And if you wish to state here that I and others should pay for YOUR healthcare, then we know what that makes you, don't we?"

    Now you are saying I'm lying. How and where? I and others have to pay for the healthcare of those who have no insurance. Is that a lie? The plan hasn't been implemented yet (at least that part requiring you to get insurance). Is that a lie? I hope that, when the plan is implemented I will no longer have to pay for your health costs. Is that a lie? Are there negatives I've left out? What are they?

    Really, Mr. Hill, it's not for you to call someone a liar because of your beliefs based on your thoughts, not on what was said. All I said was, I don't want to pay for someone else's healthcare costs, and expect (hope) that that will cease when this plan goes into effect. Anything else you are speaking of here is from your own mind, not from my statements.

    As to the comment about fines, we now have a law that requires you to have health insurance, just as we have a law that requires you to have car insurance if you drive. If you expect society to pay your bills, you should be aware that there will be consequences. If you don't wish to pay for your insurance, then the government will enact consequences upon you. Though, if I understand correctly, the fines will be equal to the cost of the insurance you decline to purchase. The only negative is that you got caught not paying your bills. Because you expect someone else to pay them is of no import.

    As to vets and the VA, if you have a disability based on military service, the VA will treat you for it. Maybe slowly, with a lot of paperwork, but it will. If you are inferring that the VA will treat you and your family as a general healthcare provider, I don't have any facts on that. I have friends who were in the military and are receiving treatment based on the disabilities they have claimed, but they also have health insurance for everything else.

    As to where the money comes from? It comes from taxes and from, we all hope, savings from lowering the charges of health care providers. And before anyone jumps on the idea of taxes, taxes pay for services. Everyone likes services (planes not falling from the sky, traffic lights that work, hamburger that doesn't kill you, a standing army, etc.) but no one wants to pay for it. No taxes, no services. Do I like taxes? No. Do I understand the need for them? Yes.
    Senior

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to mr117 For This Useful Post:

    petrusk (08-05-2013)

  6. #25
    Alliance hemptation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Madison,MS
    Posts
    3,167
    Thanks
    32,000
    Thanked 11,307 Times in 2,723 Posts

    The problem is how rooted corruption has set in to our government. Like every government. In Latin. Polio and many. And tics is blood sucking creatures. Politics. Think about it

    Is our country working out its problems. Slowly. And while creating others. That's life. At least we are awaking to the greater evils behind closed curtains that pulls the strings of the daily puppets. No plan is perfect. Only the outcome can determine a plans worth

    Many valid points were told. We still have a long way to go. As humans

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to hemptation For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (08-04-2013)

  8. #26
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Feanor64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    614
    Thanks
    848
    Thanked 448 Times in 235 Posts

    I can choose to not have a car...I cannot choose not to have health care...the government does NOT know what's best for me...this government spies on its on citizens yet we are just supposed to blindly trust them. Forget political parties...what use is safety if you are not free. Men were willing to die for that freedom. To be free from England. The suppression of religious freedom and overtaxation. I am sorry but the Declaration of Independence was signed with blood. People died for the bill of rights. You just have some people in this country who don't care about that. They scream keep us safe but at what cost will it come...it is a slippery slope. If you really trust ANY politician then you are a fool. A person who is willing to sacrifice liberty for safety deserves neither liberty or safety. On another note, what this has to do with a ban on iPhones I'm not sure lol.
    Last edited by Feanor64; 08-04-2013 at 11:53 PM.

  9. #27
    The Dude Abides mr117's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    595
    Thanks
    49
    Thanked 100 Times in 74 Posts

    Feanor64- With a few exceptions I fully agree with you. Yes, you can not buy a car, but you must get around somehow- and how you do is paid for by taxes/fees (roads, public transport,stop lights, etc.). You don't live on a farm and never leave it. You use public areas, paid for by the government with public funds (taxes). But healthcare- well, when you get sick, in this country, you get free healthcare if you show up at a hospital. And someone has to pay for it if you do not. Hence, people should pay for it themselves. Because, at some point you ARE going to need healthcare, and with no insurance everyone else WILL have to pay for yours. As for the rest of what you say, well, my first question to my high school government class is, "how can you tell when a politician is lying?" (His lips are moving.) The worst thing to come out of 9/11 was the giving up of civil rights to "keep us safe." Yes, we did rebel against England (and in England the "freedom fighters" here are thought of as terrorists and traitors to the Crown). And the Declaration, while not signed literally in blood, pitted one group of English against another group of English in our 1st civil war. To my view, the good guys won. However, no one died for the Bill of Rights, that was an argument between Federalists and Anti-Federalists about the power or lack thereof of a centralized federal government many years after the War of Independence was won. The original Constitution merely listed the ways government would run. People's rights were not included in it (read it if you don't believe me). The Bill of Rights came later (but thankfully it was enacted). And slippery slope is the most important part of what I teach in that class. It starts small, but by the time you reach the end it's all over. As the saying goes, "first they came for the ( ) and I did nothing...." and at the end... "and then they came for me and there was no one to stop them."
    Senior

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to mr117 For This Useful Post:

    petrusk (08-05-2013)

  11. #28
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    408
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 42 Times in 34 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    besides rescue our pesky economy from the brink of collapse
    besides ensure that millions of uninsured Americans can now afford healthcare
    besides kicking more illegals out of the country than any other president
    besides getting our troops out of Iraq (you know, that FALSE war started by the previous administration)
    besides killing Osama Bin Laden
    besides extending unemployment insurance to millions who were out of work after Bush squandered the Clinton budget surplus.
    besides fixing the school loan debacle.
    besides keeping us out of the Syrian conflict
    besides putting 2 moderates on the supreme court
    besides offering budget cuts 10 to 1 that the republicans refused !!!!! by far my favorite one.

    besides achieving all that he as in spite of tea baggers and republicans *Mitch McConnel whose "number one goal is to make sure Obama is a one term president" in spite of a republican house majority who REFUSE every effort of every agenda he has to please their party rather than serve their country the only thing you can say is that he helped apple who has billions of dollars in off shore accounts who's manufacturing is over seas to under paid exploited Chinese and who doesn't give a squat about you.

    how old are you again?
    My age has nothing to do with it i am sorry that you sour the truth about Obummer hurts he is a jerk and it is people like you that are little sheep that follow him are what is destroying our country with your entitlements that you sould earn not be handed .

    Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    Well what makes me laugh is their going to fine people of don't have health insurance. If that's the case if they don't have to money for Heath insurance? What makes them think their going to have money for the fine? Lmao

    How about for vets that don't have a job and go to the VA for medical help? The government going to fine us also?
    People can not afford Health Insurance but they can have I Phones with all the fixens ans fancy cars.
    Last edited by tridley68; 08-05-2013 at 08:41 AM.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to tridley68 For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (08-05-2013)

  13. #29
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    52
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    So we went from Apple v Samsung partisanship to Dem v GOP partisanship. Wonderful demonstrations of groupthink all around. No wonder we're so easy for the plutocrats to control.

  14. #30
    The Dude Abides mr117's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    595
    Thanks
    49
    Thanked 100 Times in 74 Posts

    A rather "interesting" historian postulates that the two-party system was put in place originally to keep the hoi polloi (that's us) occupied while the real power brokers did their thing behind the scenes.
    Senior

  15. #31
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    169
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mr117 View Post
    Feanor64- With a few exceptions I fully agree with you. Yes, you can not buy a car, but you must get around somehow- and how you do is paid for by taxes/fees (roads, public transport,stop lights, etc.). You don't live on a farm and never leave it. You use public areas, paid for by the government with public funds (taxes). But healthcare- well, when you get sick, in this country, you get free healthcare if you show up at a hospital. And someone has to pay for it if you do not. Hence, people should pay for it themselves. Because, at some point you ARE going to need healthcare, and with no insurance everyone else WILL have to pay for yours. As for the rest of what you say, well, my first question to my high school government class is, "how can you tell when a politician is lying?" (His lips are moving.) The worst thing to come out of 9/11 was the giving up of civil rights to "keep us safe." Yes, we did rebel against England (and in England the "freedom fighters" here are thought of as terrorists and traitors to the Crown). And the Declaration, while not signed literally in blood, pitted one group of English against another group of English in our 1st civil war. To my view, the good guys won. However, no one died for the Bill of Rights, that was an argument between Federalists and Anti-Federalists about the power or lack thereof of a centralized federal government many years after the War of Independence was won. The original Constitution merely listed the ways government would run. People's rights were not included in it (read it if you don't believe me). The Bill of Rights came later (but thankfully it was enacted). And slippery slope is the most important part of what I teach in that class. It starts small, but by the time you reach the end it's all over. As the saying goes, "first they came for the ( ) and I did nothing...." and at the end... "and then they came for me and there was no one to stop them."
    This is such a crock. First off, the people who are walking into a clinic an unable to pay for an emergency room visit, are the same people that are going to get healthcare paid for by the rest of the middle class Americans. You can dispute that all you want, but that came out of the Presidents mouth himself when referring to the ACA and people unable to afford health insurance. Secondly, if you think the amount of money in comparison to expendable health care costs is anything when it comes to how much it REALLY costs, your a fool. You are not, and will not be paying for your medical care, by your self. The notion that you will is completely ridiculous. The only difference is, is now the cost will be spread out thinner among 300 million people and not just the legit tax paying Americans. It's time to wake up, if you cannot see what Obamacare is slowly doing to this country, you are blind. It is a union busting, and right to work enacting debacle, that will cripple privatized health care, giving the government total control in a single payer system. Once again, driving more privatized companies out of business.

    And the next time someone says Obama is saving our economy I'm going to puke. All this administration has done is super inflate Wall St. by printing money and pumping millions of dollars into the market. That's it. What happens when this money stops? That remains to be seen, and 80% of the investment world believe Wall St. is still not ready to support itself. The more money they print, the cheaper our dollar gets - crippling us even further.

    As for the Apple thing, once again Obama enacts his power to push for another American company. Just like the abuse of the patent office in regards to Samsung. Protecting an American company that send billions overseas to Pegatron and Foxcon that do not pay taxes on the American dollar, just to produce Apple products. Good plan.

    Well played Mr. President, well played. Lol.

  16. #32
    Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,811
    Thanks
    2,530
    Thanked 1,644 Times in 689 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by tridley68 View Post
    People can not afford Health Insurance but they can have iPhone's with all the fixens and fancy cars.
    Very true!! Right now I'd be happy with a job LOL and if they offered benefits i would take them also. But for right now i have to rely on VA which is better than nothing. My iPhone is about the only thing i have that is up to date as far as tech goes LOL. That's just because I sell off last yrs phone to get a new one. I'm still rocking a 24" CRT TV, a 4yr old 400.00 (Best Buy) special laptop, and driving a 66 VW bug.

  17. #33
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Feanor64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    614
    Thanks
    848
    Thanked 448 Times in 235 Posts

    Mr117 I did not mean literally in blood of course but in order for it to be argued, wrote and signed there had to be a war where soldiers died fighting for that right to be able to have that conversation. Things leading up until the American revolution. People died. It was literally bought with blood. The simple reason that I am against government mandated health care is this. The government will not stop there. They have proven themselves to be irresponsible with their duties to the american people. We are much to blame because we care more about the kardashians. Also like you I agree with the need for taxes. Of course we need roads and schools. But do we really need to send billions of dollars to Egypt and other countries. Why? We cannot spend our way to a better world. Why should people halfway across the world get my hard earned money when they will not stand up and change their country themselves. Something given has no value. The only thing it does is bestow upon people a sense of entitlement. Taxes are a good thing but like any good thing it can be turned into a bad thing. Unless things change, one day when we wake up and realize what we have become, we need only to look in the mirror to find the one to blame.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Feanor64 For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (08-05-2013)

  19. #34
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    220
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 22 Times in 19 Posts

    After paying $17,000 a year for insurance for both my wife and I (because she is uninsurable), Obamacare will be welcomed in my household.

  20. #35
    The Dude Abides mr117's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    595
    Thanks
    49
    Thanked 100 Times in 74 Posts

    Feanor- I have no objections to your last post at all. Yes, as I stated, the American Revolution cost the blood of the English people who fought it on both sides. My only point was that the Bill of Rights came later, and was not fought over on a battlefield.

    As to how taxes are allocated, I couldn't agree more. Keep the money in the US, stop supporting other (despotic) governments, stop fighting wars on other people's land, and we wouldn't need to borrow from the Chinese so we can buy Korean TVs and keep WalMart afloat. From what I can see, the healthcare plan will still keep the money in the provider's pockets and will actually give them more people to insure. And take the pressure off of the taxpayers who are being forced to subsidize the non-insured. Yes, the poorest will get freebees. But the rest, those who choose not to buy insurance in the hope that they won't need it, and those that need help paying for it (but not all of it), as well as those that can't get it because of pre-existing conditions, they will now be having insurance and the rest of us will hopefully get a bit of a break. My only hope is some governmental oversight (I know, a faint hope) to cut costs. The current system is obviously broken, does not work, and is driving up the deficit every year, and will eventually break us. At least there is the possibility that the new plan may help. Some change is better than none. And to all the doomsday sayers out there, the plan hasn't even taken effect yet. At least wait until there is a reason to complain before bleating about it.

    Carvenso- '66 Bug? Last good year they made 'em. Congrats!!
    Senior

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to mr117 For This Useful Post:

    Feanor64 (08-05-2013)

  22. #36
    Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,811
    Thanks
    2,530
    Thanked 1,644 Times in 689 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mr117 View Post
    Carvensno- '66 Bug? Last good year they made 'em. Congrats!!
    Thanks! Ya still has original/block number 1300cc single port. Ya got it back in 2004 from original owner. Even have the owners manual still too.

  23. #37
    The Dude Abides mr117's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    595
    Thanks
    49
    Thanked 100 Times in 74 Posts

    It'll go forever.
    Senior

  24. #38
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Tperry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    East Texas
    Posts
    211
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mr117 View Post
    facts, not merely right wing media drivel
    And the left wing über-liberals are not guilty of the same actions. Glass houses you know.
    Not a waterboy for Android OR Apple.

  25. #39
    iPhone? More like MyPhone bigbaba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    154
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 22 Times in 16 Posts

    Doesn't this site have moderators?

  26. #40
    The Dude Abides mr117's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    595
    Thanks
    49
    Thanked 100 Times in 74 Posts

    Sure do, but so far it's hands off.

    There is no left-wing equivalent of Fox "News," which is an arm of the Republican Party. MSNBC isn't even in the ballpark.
    Senior

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts