Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Now Offers its Apple TV for $75

Thanks

Default Apple Now Offers its Apple TV for $75

The Apple TV set-top box might have just become a bit more attractive as Apple has made the refurbished version of the device available for $75, knocking off 25% of the price of a new model. The price drop could possibly reflect Apple’s reaction to Google’s answer to the Apple TV, which was Chromecast.

The refurbished model is now just over twice the price of Google’s Chromecast, but it also comes with a 1-year Apple warranty and a much wider feature set than Google’s streaming device.

Apple even added iTunes music purchasing to its set-top box recently and a number of video apps have added AirPlay streaming capabilities over the last few months. Users may soon be able to use a touch configure option to automatically set up their Apple TV devices in the near future as well.

The refurbished model has an Apple A5 processor and it is compatible with high-definition televisions with HDMI and capable of 1080p or 720p at 60/50Hz. It can be purchased directly from Apple, with the refurbished device shipping within 24 hours. Depending on a customer’s location it may also be available for in-store pickup.

Will you be considering picking up a refurbished Apple TV?

Source: Apple

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Price of the device it not the problem. I can't wait to get my cable subscriptions for 3rd party devices; be it Apple, Google, Microsoft or anyone else willing be be competitive. They need to all team together to get current cable providers to either work with them to bypass them entirely.

Thanks

Shame this didn't happen SOONER..But Still I'm glad people are going to get a GREAT Product for Less...& STILL be able to Hulu+,Netflix.Music & iTunes.

I have 3 so far just because there perfect for streaming Netflix and almost whatever else I need to. Now knowing this I might buy another

Thanks

Should be $50 :] Yes, please give me a reason to use mine again.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'll probably get one for my mother.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

this wont work with android. chromecast is for any device be it apple/android/computer. being twice the price but more limited, no thanks

Does that means something new is coming?

Now all we need is a jailbreak, then I'll definitely buy one.

Eh, this price drop is on a refurb model. I'd hardly call it buckling under the pressure of googles marketing strategy.

My iPhone is a Part of Me dwizurd's Avatar
    Thanks

I use my Apple TV daily, either for my movies in the cloud, netflix, or the recently added HBOGO, and ESPN, I know there are other devices, but this one is compatible with all my other toys. Maybe time for another for the Family room.
    Noobus Majorus thanks are welcome <---

Quote Originally Posted by smirkis View Post
    this wont work with android. chromecast is for any device be it apple/android/computer. being twice the price but more limited, no thanks
    Apple TV does work with android. I use it all the time with my S4 Active. You have to download an app from the google App Store called "AirSync". Works beautifully!