Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Samsung Planning "WWDC" Style Conference to Rival Google I/O

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,482 Times in 568 Posts

Default Samsung Planning "WWDC" Style Conference to Rival Google I/O

Samsung is planning to follow in the successful footsteps of Apple and Google with the launch of its own annual developer's conference.

Presumably poised to resemble WWDC while rivaling Google I/O, Samsung's first developer conference, we're told, will take place this October in San Francisco. The occasion will enable Samsung to actively push its Software Development Kits and other resources for themselves, independent of Google and other key industry players.

Samsung is announcing plans Monday for its largest-yet North American developer conference, a multiday event to take place Oct. 27-29 in San Francisco.
    "The Korean electronics giant was short on details," AllThingsD reports, "saying only that the conference will allow developers to 'engage with industry leaders,' 'Collaborate with fellow developers,' 'Learn about new Samsung tools and SDKs,' and 'Create what’s next.'"

Registration is expected to open later this summer. At that time, more details regarding the event, its plans, and objectives should be made public.

Source: AllThingsD

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

I smell another lawsuit brewing!

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

There they go, copying Apple, yet again.

It says apple and google do it. It's not like any of those companies have a patent on having conferences. There not gonna sue anyone.

These basterds are getting cocky.

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    It says apple and google do it. It's not like any of those companies have a patent on having conferences. There not gonna sue anyone.
    Yet

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,757 Times in 753 Posts

I surprised that "Super Winey Android Fanboy Garret" hasn't shown up yet to talk his $hyt lol

Copy cats to the end, Samdung you are a joke. All True Americans should boycott All Samdung Products as I and many of my friends.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Carvensno View Post
    I surprised that "Super Winey Android Fanboy Garret" hasn't shown up yet to talk his $hyt lol
    super winy iDiots who cant spell winy. lmfao.

Quote Originally Posted by cgfusion View Post
    Copy cats to the end, Samdung you are a joke. All True Americans should boycott All Samdung Products as I and many of my friends.
    what about the copying done by apple with its pull down notifications, and now the dozen or so features stolen straight from Android in iOS 7?

If Samsung is copying apple by having a conference (which companies have done since before steve jobs was born) then apple is copying everyone else when they made a smart phone, a tablet, apps, mobile app stores since those things have been around long long before apple was a household name.
    Last edited by jOnGarrett; 07-22-2013 at 08:30 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,757 Times in 753 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post

what about the copying done by apple with its pull down notifications, and now the dozen or so features stolen straight from Android in iOS 7?

If Samsung is copying apple by having a conference (which companies have done since before steve jobs was born) then apple is copying everyone else when they made a smart phone, a tablet, apps, mobile app stores since those things have been around long long before apple was a household name.
    And your here why?? OHHHH that's right?? You have no life and nothing else better to do than come on here and waste your time. And ask me if i care that i miss spelled a word by 1 letter that's considered a typing error.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post

Wait, you actually log onto a site that speaks mainly about a product that you don't like & fight for the honor of product that likely pays you nothing?

Rock on I guess

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you need to have a platform that people can develop on in order to hold a developer's conference? Samsung borrows their platform from Google, so what business do they have holding a developer's conference?? If Android developers want to go to a developer's conference, they go to Google I/O, not some lame wannabe conference put on by, at best, just another Android developer!

This is kinda like a kid putting on his daddy's suit jacket and pretending to go to work, only that is kinda cute, and this is really sad. Sorry, Sammy, you're not one of the big boys with your own OS. You're just a user/borrower like the rest.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

it might be for there tizen os. not sure if there still working on it or not. havent heard anything about it in a while

Quote Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you need to have a platform that people can develop on in order to hold a developer's conference? Samsung borrows their platform from Google, so what business do they have holding a developer's conference?? If Android developers want to go to a developer's conference, they go to Google I/O, not some lame wannabe conference put on by, at best, just another Android developer!

This is kinda like a kid putting on his daddy's suit jacket and pretending to go to work, only that is kinda cute, and this is really sad. Sorry, Sammy, you're not one of the big boys with your own OS. You're just a user/borrower like the rest.
    Considering that samsung smartphones account for more that half of android devices sold and the only real threat to apple. I beleive they deserve to be acknowledged as one of the superstars of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by kpierre00 View Post
    Considering that samsung smartphones account for more that half of android devices sold and the only real threat to apple. I beleive they deserve to be acknowledged as one of the superstars of the game.
    Think your missing his point. WWDC is a developer conference. Samsung does not make a platform to develop for. If anything they are developing for Google.

So really why would you hold a developer conference if you have no platform to be developed on? Google I\O is where developers for android platform (which are on Samsung phones) go.

Now if they were to hold a conference or keynote on new developments with hardware and technology to get everyone hyped on, that's a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    Now if they were to hold a conference or keynote on new developments with hardware and technology to get everyone hyped on, that's a different story.
    I think that's what they could be doing. Tvs and such not just phones