+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Google: The New Google Maps is Now Available for Everyone Without an Invite

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Google Maps is one of the most popular ways to look at the world on a digital screen. It offers satellite, map, and hybrid views of anywhere you want to
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Google: The New Google Maps is Now Available for Everyone Without an Invite

Google Maps is one of the most popular ways to look at the world on a digital screen. It offers satellite, map, and hybrid views of anywhere you want to see, and you can easily route yourself from point A to point B with Google Maps.

Google has Tuesday announced that the new Google Maps is now available for everyone on the Web and no longer requires an invite to begin using. The new Google Maps is more "interactive" and "tailored towards you" when you're using it on a regular basis. You can see the video on the re-designed Google Maps below:

For a mobile-friendly video link that works with our app, tap on the video link below:

YouTube Video

In a post by Google Tuesday evening, the company thanks all those that test drove the new Google Maps before today's public release:

Quote Originally Posted by Google
    In May, we unveiled a preview of the new Google Maps for the web, and today we're making it even easier to try it out. You no longer have to request and wait for an email invite – just sign up and get access instantly: maps.google.com/preview

For those who have already taken the new maps for a test drive, thanks for all your support and feedback. We're listening and continuing to make the experience even better. And for those who haven't tried it yet, here's a refresher on what makes the new Google Maps great.
    If you would like to give the new Google Maps a try, Google has opened it up for everyone to try via this link.

Do you like the new Google Maps more than the old?

Update: It appears Google has pulled the Google Maps application from the App Store in countries were the update has not yet gone live in. When the update is live, users will stop getting the "Not Available in the U.S." error.

Sources: Google
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 07-16-2013 at 08:33 PM.

Thanks

When I try to dl it (at the top of the linked page it says "for Android," at the bottom it gives an iTunes link as well), I get a popup that says it's not available via iTunes "in the US store." Since I'm in the US, Google is a US company, and so is Apple, this seems a bit bizarre.
    Last edited by mr117; 07-16-2013 at 07:49 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mr117 View Post
    When I try to dl it (at the top of the linked page it says "for Android," at the bottom it gives an iTunes link as well), I get a popup that says it's not available via iTunes "in the US store." Since I'm in the US, Google is a US company, and so is Apple, this seems a bit bizarre.
    I guess its not ready in Apple Store ! I get the same weird reply.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Not available in the US? Thanks a million Anthony!!!

Thanks

If you are having issues bringing it up, try it on a computer.

The new Google Maps are available through your Web browser.

The application is currently withdrawn from the App Store until Google releases the new version of the application, so if it's not showing up in the App Store for you, that is why.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 07-16-2013 at 08:32 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bradmullins007 View Post
    Not available in the US? Thanks a million Anthony!!!
    Same thing here. [IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Huh? I pulled it up just fine. I'm a US lurker too.

There is nothing to download here. The new Google Maps is a Web application that you can access from the Web browser on your computer.
    Oh retract that last statement.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mlee19841 View Post
    Oh retract that last statement.
    Actually it appears Google has pulled the Google Maps application from the App Store in countries were the update has not yet gone live in. When the update is live, users will stop getting this error.

For now, the new Google Maps are still available through a Web browser.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 07-16-2013 at 08:59 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Available for US !!