Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jobs Movie Trailer Makes Instagram History

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default Jobs Movie Trailer Makes Instagram History

A new movie about a man who made history (Steve Jobs) is now making history itself as the first film to have a trailer appear on Instagram.

The abridged teaser is making waves today in the form of a 15-second video package highlighting the forthcoming release of "Jobs," the bio pic starring Ashton Kutcher as the late visionary behind Apple.

Largely based on the "Here's to the Crazy Ones" film excerpt that continues to pelt the broadcast airwaves and online blogs, the clip is certainly doing its part to raise chatter about the film ahead of its August 16th launch.

To check out the Instagram trailer, click here.

As MMi previously reported, the film covers approximately 30 years of Steve Jobs’ life, from 1971 to 2000. The flick is said to be based on Walter Isaacson’s official biography.

The film plunges into the depths of his character, creating an intense dialogue-driven story that is as much a sweeping epic as it is an immensely personal portrait of Steve Jobs’ life.
    In addition to Ashton Kutcher, the movie also stars Dermot Mulroney, Josh Gad, Lukas Haas, J.K. Simmons and Matthew Modine.

Source: Jobs the Movie
    Last edited by Michael Essany; 07-15-2013 at 06:11 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

I feel like Kutcher is about to burst out screaming something retarded in that stupid loud screamtalk he does in (almost) every single show or movie he has ever been in. Just cannot take him seriously...let alone take him seriously as STEVE JOBS! You have got to be kidding me. Honestly I would be really excited about the movie if it wernt for Ashton as Steve Jobs (aka The worst casting in the history of film), its to bad.

I'm gonna give him a chance... He might surprise a lot of people with this role... Might.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Eagleye's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    I feel like Kutcher is about to burst out screaming something retarded in that stupid loud screamtalk he does in (almost) every single show or movie he has ever been in. Just cannot take him seriously...let alone take him seriously as STEVE JOBS! You have got to be kidding me. Honestly I would be really excited about the movie if it wernt for Ashton as Steve Jobs (aka The worst casting in the history of film), its to bad.
    You have to appreciate the uncanny resemblance though! It is hard to take Ashton seriously, yes... but maybe this movie will be different? Ashton is a huge Apple fanboy and I believe he's going to give it his best here. Guess we'll all just have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleye View Post
    You have to appreciate the uncanny resemblance though! It is hard to take Ashton seriously, yes... but maybe this movie will be different? Ashton is a huge Apple fanboy and I believe he's going to give it his best here. Guess we'll all just have to wait and see.
    Exactly what I was thinking.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Eagleye's Avatar
    Thanks

There's a pretty good Q&A on Quora where Ashton details why he chose to play Steve Jobs in the Jobs film and, (if he actually wrote the response) I'm pretty impressed and also, (dare I say it..) somewhat excited for his role in the film.

Ashton Kutcher's answer to Jobs (2013 movie): Why did Ashton Kutcher choose to play Steve Jobs in the upcoming movie Jobs? - Quora