+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2013 MacBook Air Users Experiencing Random Volume Fluctuations

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Users of Apple’s new 2013 MacBook Air, which was originally made available for pre-order during WWDC 2013 , are reporting some minor issues with the new machine. According to the
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,038 Times in 760 Posts

Default 2013 MacBook Air Users Experiencing Random Volume Fluctuations

Users of Apple’s new 2013 MacBook Air, which was originally made available for pre-order during WWDC 2013, are reporting some minor issues with the new machine.

According to the Apple Support forums, there appears to be a widespread issue with the new MacBook Air and playing videos. As one user explains, and multiple others confirm, while watching videos on the new slim notebook the volume will randomly fluctuate to undesired levels:

I have just purchased a new 2013 13" MacBook Air, and the volume seems to fluctuate by itself when I play back any videos. Does anybody know what causes this? Is there a fault with my Mac?
    One user claims that the MacBook Air’s volume will only bounce around when the volume is near the middle and doesn’t fluctuate much when the volume is very high or very low. Another user has been able to confirm that the issue is not only with one application, but with many, like QuickTime, Chrome, and more.

The issue can probably be very easily fixed with a software update from Apple, but for now those experiencing issues will need to be patient. If you were planning on purchasing the new 2013 MacBook Air, you may want to hold off a little longer until all the bugs are sorted out.

Sources: Apple via iClarified

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Are we sure these aren't just idiots using FaceTime on OS X Mavericks?

(FaceTime on OS X Mavericks, like on iOS, automatically reduces the volume of everything else except the call. Annoying as ****. I ******* hate it---if I want to change the volume of a video I'm watching, I'll change it in the video player/volume slider. Jesus.)

Thanks
    Thanked 16,754 Times in 4,020 Posts

Same here. My 2011 air does the same, but I am using mavericks devel preview 3. However, the volume of the actual call is fluctuating as well... But it's a beta.

Thanks

One would think that things like this get tested before the product get's released.