+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Joshua "p0sixninja" Hill's OpenJailbreak Site Goes Live

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Originally Posted by lighter My Guess here is that if this is a part of his master plan.... he has to have found a way to exploit iOS that is
    My iPhone is a Part of Me mlee19841's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lighter View Post
    My Guess here is that if this is a part of his master plan.... he has to have found a way to exploit iOS that is not patchable.... I mean making the jailbreak open source sorta speak and giving Apple eyes in to what they are doing only leads me to believe the ace up his sleeve is not something that apple can stop easily or maybe impossible to do so....
    That would be wild and un patchable jailbreak exploit.

Thanks

Default lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    Yeah it's almost like he just has a sign that says "Apple look here"
    But if that sign is on Apple Maps it could be anywhere. They'll never find it!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ic0nik For This Useful Post:

LaddersRCool (07-11-2013), Silverado1987 (07-10-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,261 Times in 1,866 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serge.H View Post
    Why should they give up on an exploit just to jailbreak the 6.1.4 ? Heck no.
    Cos 6.1.4 will be the last great iOS IMO. There is already 3 private untethers for iOS7 as it stands apparently. If iOS7 doesn't use those same exploits then I don't see the reason why not to update evasi0n to include 6.1.3 & 6.1.4. It was only severed slightly. I guess if the evasi0n Devs thought it was worthwhile to include 6.1.3 / 6.1.4 they would have by now so maybe iOS7 does use the same exploits from iOS6. Who knows.
    I'd like to see 6.1.3 & 6.1.4 JBn but looks like the focus is squarely on iOS7 which I can understand.
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (07-10-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    Cos 6.1.4 will be the last great iOS IMO. There is already 3 private untethers for iOS7 as it stands apparently. If iOS7 doesn't use those same exploits then I don't see the reason why not to update evasi0n to include 6.1.3 & 6.1.4. It was only severed slightly. I guess if the evasi0n Devs thought it was worthwhile to include 6.1.3 / 6.1.4 they would have by now so maybe iOS7 does use the same exploits from iOS6. Who knows.
    I'd like to see 6.1.3 & 6.1.4 JBn but looks like the focus is squarely on iOS7 which I can understand.
    ++++++++++++ Thumbs up

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cmds187 For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (07-10-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cmds187 View Post
    ++++++++++++ Thumbs up
    Thanks bud! Heaps of opinions but that was just my take on it all. Especially with losing an iDevice on 6.1.2 that was jailbroken & knowing so many that have as well.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (07-10-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone AmadeusKaelPyralis's Avatar
    Thanks

ic0nik, your comment is hilarious. Stitches, I say!

Anyway, to chime in my two cents (as if anyone might care) is that this is some kind of network for an all-encompassing Jailbreak. He is buying time until iOS7 comes out by having people contribute and help out, he puts in the final piece of the puzzle at the end, and makes it all work. My theory on the final product is an unpatchable, all-encompassing Jailbreak. One that you can link up to, much like Jailbreakme.com was... and instead of Apple servers signing things through a software jailbreak we are all connected to some kind of huge Jailbreak signing server-- we never go back to Apple servers again. New updates that come out are rolled out to the network Jailbreak much like iTunes would, and we update through it. It's the only real reason I can see behind collaboration (to buy time, and to create a network of viable resources/talent). Not just this but ALL iOS versions across ALL devices would be Jailbreak-able in this way.

I could be over thinking it... or thinking WAY outside the box.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lighter View Post
    My Guess here is that if this is a part of his master plan.... he has to have found a way to exploit iOS that is not patchable.... I mean making the jailbreak open source sorta speak and giving Apple eyes in to what they are doing only leads me to believe the ace up his sleeve is not something that apple can stop easily or maybe impossible to do so....
    That's definitely a possibility!

Thanks

If I understand it correctly then jail breaking 6.1.3/6.1.4 would require AT LEAST one new exploit, an exploit that could help jailbreak iOS 7 and they don't want to burn that exploit when a majority of people that want a jailbreak already have one on 6.1.2. They also won't know which of their new exploits will be in iOS 7 until the Golden Master is released and by the time they developed/tested/released the 6.1.3+ JB iOS7 will be publicly available.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AmadeusKaelPyralis View Post
    ic0nik, your comment is hilarious. Stitches, I say!

Anyway, to chime in my two cents (as if anyone might care) is that this is some kind of network for an all-encompassing Jailbreak. He is buying time until iOS7 comes out by having people contribute and help out, he puts in the final piece of the puzzle at the end, and makes it all work. My theory on the final product is an unpatchable, all-encompassing Jailbreak. One that you can link up to, much like Jailbreakme.com was... and instead of Apple servers signing things through a software jailbreak we are all connected to some kind of huge Jailbreak signing server-- we never go back to Apple servers again. New updates that come out are rolled out to the network Jailbreak much like iTunes would, and we update through it. It's the only real reason I can see behind collaboration (to buy time, and to create a network of viable resources/talent). Not just this but ALL iOS versions across ALL devices would be Jailbreak-able in this way.

I could be over thinking it... or thinking WAY outside the box.
    If that were true the that could change the way we jailbreak forever but i think he has discovered a boot ROM ROM like jailbreak (had to look it up on wikipedia)
    Last edited by LaddersRCool; 07-11-2013 at 01:08 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by emerica6708 View Post
    If I understand it correctly then jail breaking 6.1.3/6.1.4 would require AT LEAST one new exploit, an exploit that could help jailbreak iOS 7 and they don't want to burn that exploit when a majority of people that want a jailbreak already have one on 6.1.2. They also won't know which of their new exploits will be in iOS 7 until the Golden Master is released and by the time they developed/tested/released the 6.1.3+ JB iOS7 will be publicly available.
    Who knows, it's all speculation! Everyone can think what they will! evad3rs will do as they please!

Quote Originally Posted by LaddersRCool View Post
    If that were true the that could change the way we jailbreak forever but i think he has discovered a boot ROM jailbreak (had to look it up on wikipedia)
    @Musclenerd called him out on the Bootrom exploit which hasn't been achievable since A4 (iPhone 4) so I doubt it's that. Just a OpenJailbreak repo from what I can read into it all...
    Last edited by Jato_BZ; 07-11-2013 at 12:49 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

[this comment was incorectly posted please ignore]

Who knows, it's all speculation! Everyone can think what they will! evad3rs will do as they please!

@Musclenerd called him out on the Bootrom exploit which hasn't been achievable since A4 (iPhone 4) so I doubt it's that. Just a OpenJailbreak repo from what I can read into it all...
    I just wanted to add on to the off topic conversation but the thing people should worry about is the tweaks that are on the front page so i think he could have something close to a bootrom like effect on ios where it will be nearly impossible to fix if that could even happen without a bootrom exploit.(i will go rephrase it in my other post)
    Last edited by LaddersRCool; 07-11-2013 at 01:07 AM.

Thanks

Wondering how mustlenerd feels when p0sixninja actually finds a bootrom exploit
    (I mean their struggle on twitter)

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12