+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Officially Hires French Fashion Guru

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Following a full day of rumors and rumblings about Apple supposedly hiring a well-known French fashion guru, we can now report that there is indeed truth behind all the talk.
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default Apple Officially Hires French Fashion Guru

Following a full day of rumors and rumblings about Apple supposedly hiring a well-known French fashion guru, we can now report that there is indeed truth behind all the talk.

Quietly but officially, Apple confirmed late Tuesday that the iDevice maker has hired Paul Deneve, who was once CEO of luxury fashion goods company Yves Saint Laurent. What will Deneve do at Apple? There's no shortage of speculation on that front tonight. Officially, Apple says that the incoming hire will be in charge of "special projects."

"We're thrilled to welcome Paul Deneve to Apple," Apple confirmed to Bloomberg. "He'll be working on special projects as a vice president reporting directly to Tim Cook."

Directly to Tim Cook? That's pretty high up the food chain for a newbie at Apple. Sounds like these "special projects" are definitely special. Although there were initial rumors that Apple might put Deneve in charge of retail, that's not happening according to Apple... at least not yet.

Source: CNET

Banned
    Thanks

I can already see everyone standing outside of Saks Fifth Avenue waiting in line to purchase an "iJacket"

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SnapIt For This Useful Post:

ecofrankenstein (07-04-2013), Faresismail (07-03-2013), H4CK3R (07-03-2013), wiipro (07-03-2013)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

They need advice on the next turtleneck and jeans

iPhone? More like MyPhone jabij1's Avatar
    Thanks

iWatch...Seems the most likely reason for this.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

it's funny how other smartphone manufacturers are already planning to go beyond HD resolutions for their next display tech and Sony is planning to come out with smartphones able to capture video at UHD resolutions and 55mp stills as well as 3D.....and what Apples does??? you ask me! hires a fashion dude. Way to go Apple!!......Tim Cook is almost as bad as Balmer.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to swifty7 For This Useful Post:

SnapIt (07-03-2013)

Thanks

Sounds like "wearable hardward" to me. The iWatch as pointed out may be the one. Yeah, I have not been very excited about much of what Cook has done..what has he done again?? :]

Thanks

This French guy-fashion-clothing-wearable stuff
    +
    Apple-technology-wearable stuff-wearable technology- iWatch?

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 724 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by swifty7 View Post
    it's funny how other smartphone manufacturers are already planning to go beyond HD resolutions for their next display tech and Sony is planning to come out with smartphones able to capture video at UHD resolutions and 55mp stills as well as 3D.....and what Apples does??? you ask me! hires a fashion dude. Way to go Apple!!......Tim Cook is almost as bad as Balmer.
    Keyword. They are planning. It'll be quite a few years before any of that happens.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Your comment is as bad as something Balmer would say...all those upgrades you mentioned mean more money for consumer to spend on the device, as well as taking up more space on the phone. They also want to make the screen size 5.2" which is like holding a tablet! All of those things are just rumors anyway! Apple doesn't care what other companies are "planning" on doing, they just want to make the best device possible for their customers!

I think hiring new guy was a good choice! Apple likes to have great style in their products, it sounds like this guy can help deliver that!

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple could be planning all kinds of things. They don't like to advertise. They keep everything hush hush.

Thanks

Fashion makes no sense sometimes so this might not be the best move for apple

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Like Android I have BIG PLANS too...

I'm planning on making a car that runs off of outdated Android phones. Good thing there are so many Android phones that are outdated out of the box!

It's my hope they design a watch I can wear all day both in the office and social. The Nike watched and Samsung watches look like an iPod Nano with a wrist band and just looks tacky and silly.

Hopefully it will actually focus on biometrics as indicated and change the way we view health management in the world. Samsung can focus on adding pointless phone features to the tiny watch while Apple can leave them wondering how they could make the same product and still miss the target by miles.
    Last edited by REMED1AL; 07-03-2013 at 12:40 PM.

Thanks

Having beyond 1080p on a phone/watch sounds more ridiculous to me.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

"..well-known French fashion guru" should get in touch with a well-known barber and do something with that hair.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to DaddyofTheMacDaddy For This Useful Post:

*T* (07-05-2013)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

and facepalm. You're the typical android fanboy, an uninformed consumer. You hear about specs and think oh man this is way better than any other phone. Hm you really think beyond hd quality for a phone is smart? You won't even be able to see the difference, except well your battery life, your memory and your storage. They will take a heavy hit. But who cares it's got better resolution than the human eye can even see!

Banned
    Thanks

Yeah things just aren't the same without Steve Jobs around. He was the one to help bring the company back outa the gutter and unfortunately without him around it looks like Apple is headed right back into the gutter

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    and facepalm. You're the typical android fanboy, an uninformed consumer. You hear about specs and think oh man this is way better than any other phone. Hm you really think beyond hd quality for a phone is smart? You won't even be able to see the difference, except well your battery life, your memory and your storage. They will take a heavy hit. But who cares it's got better resolution than the human eye can even see!

android fanboy???? lol!! I don't even own anything android. What makes me angry is Apple's lack of innovation. We keep getting the same crap year after year.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

android fanboy???? lol!! I don't even own anything android. What makes me angry is Apple's lack of innovation. We keep getting the same crap year after year.
    What do you want your smartphone to do?

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

If you think it's all crap then why stay with them?? Why not move to Android where all the things you want "may" come out…?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Boker's Avatar
    Thanks

"Fashion Guru" Clip on bow tie? Come on now.