Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: aTV Flash (Black) Version 2.3 Released, Provides Support for Apple TV 5.3

Thanks

Default aTV Flash (Black) Version 2.3 Released, Provides Support for Apple TV 5.3

If you have an Apple TV, you are most likely familiar with aTV Flash, the popular Apple TV software suite that enhances your $99 set-top box by adding features such as a web browser, a weather app, support for non-Apple media file types, and several other features. FireCore has recently pushed a new version of their aTV Flash software. Version 2.3 of the software includes a handful of new features including stability improvements and supports the recently released Apple TV software 5.3.

For those of you who aren’t aware, the biggest news of course is the fact that the updated version of aTV Flash has support for the Apple TV 5.3 software which was released two weeks ago to enable HBO Go, WatchESPN, Sky News, Crunchyroll and Qello streaming apps. This aTV Flash version replaces your media player with “Infuse for Apple TV.” Infuse is an iOS media player that enables support for virtually any media format that you can think of using on your iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad. The media player is quite versatile, speedy, and offers subtitle support as well. Other notable additions include better Dolby (AC3) audio, improved metadata fetching and better detection of subtitle encoding. You can find a changelog of the features below:

• Added Apple TV 5.3 compatibility
    • Added Croatian, Hungarian, Romanian, and Slovak localizations
    • Media Player is now ‘Infuse for Apple TV’
    • Improved Dolby (AC3) audio
    • Improved metadata fetching
    • Improved detection of subtitle encoding
    • Improved reliability of settings backups
    • A few other minor fixes and performance improvements
    Those of you who want to update your existing installation can go to Maintenance -> Manage Extras on your Apple TV. Users can also find links for the latest version of aTV Flash (black) can also be found in your account under the Downloads tab. If you want more information about the software, hit the source link below.

The $29.95 software includes a 30-day money back guarantee and a year’s worth of updates for free. If you decide to purchase the software, you’ll receive a license code that you can use to activate the app.

It should be noted that aTV Flash (black) currently only supports a jailbroken second-generation Apple TV and that the jailbreak is tethered.

Source: FireCore
    Last edited by Akshay Masand; 07-02-2013 at 06:56 PM.

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Akshay Masand View Post
    It should be noted that aTV Flash (black) currently only supports a jailbroken second-generation Apple TV.
    This should be the first line of the post.

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    This should be the first line of the post.
    yeah, i also noticed that the word "tethered" is nowhere to be found on this post either.

EDIT: Thanks for editing the article, Akshay.
    Last edited by h2a; 07-02-2013 at 07:24 PM.

Tethered? Untethered? Way too important to be left out

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

AFAIK, Firmware 5.3 jailbreak is only tethered.

Do it for free. Who needs these guys?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by h2a View Post
    yeah, i also noticed that the word "tethered" is nowhere to be found on this post either.
    Quote Originally Posted by RF1 View Post
    Tethered? Untethered? Way too important to be left out
    Thanks for pointing this out. It's been made a bit more clear for everyone.

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    Do it for free. Who needs these guys?
    The Infuse media player for AppleTV is awesome. That's why I use ATV Flash. The jailbreak is and always has been free. ATV Flash is not a jailbreak, Seas0npass is the jailbreak. FireCore is pretty clear about that and even links to it. In fact, the ATV Flash application requires your AppleTV to already be jailbroken.

They are still playing catch up as far as I am concerned

Plex took the cake with their media server and player capabilities And there is not one device in my house that can not hook up and watch whatever from it.

And if iTunes would have supported numerous file
    Content way back when, we wouldn't be having this conversation now. Lol

Thanks
    Thanked 2,758 Times in 2,647 Posts

Atleast Firecore made an effort to make 5.3 a tethered jailbreak.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Meh...will wait for a untethered JB.

So the AppleTV v3 is the worst Apple device to get as its never been jailbroken and nobody is working on it. If they were it would've been jailbroken by now. How old is it? 3 years old and never been jailbroken?

Thanks

I still have mine. Why upgrade when the second release has the most/best options.

and you can still install a complete new OS in the old Apple TV first generation. just installed OPENELEC which puts XBMC on it and plays everything. just put in a USB donggle and the old ATV1 is reprogrammed.

I updated 2 of my ATV2 units and now have a few playback issues with infuse over the previous media player. Others have reported similar issues as well. Hold off on updating until the the next release.

To comment on the ATV3 jailbreak, a group at the AltWWDC conference last month stated they are still working on it. We may see one eventually.
    Last edited by Nefarious; 07-05-2013 at 01:13 AM.