Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Microsoft's Windows 8 Still Trails All Mac OS X Installs

Thanks
    Thanked 3,261 Times in 1,388 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SnapIt View Post
    pfft, Windows 3.1 FTW
    Pssshh, IBM Compatible (DOS), FTW!!! ;-). Floppy Disk, baby!

Thanks
    Thanked 15,562 Times in 7,112 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AKCHRIS View Post
    What can you say? Windows 8 sucks, 7 was bloated & Vista was XP on roid rage. Windows has been windows since XP IMP, which I STILL think is their best OS EVER.
    I'd say Vista was bloated and buggy and 7 was what Vista was supposed to be.

Thanks

Don't get me Wrong Windows isn't a POS OS it's just they add too much Crude when you don't really need alot of it. But hten Price wise, Mac OS is like $20 verses $100+ starting. Sure Windows has TON'S on Computers in Various Price Ranges, but as for me it's about Quality not Quantity, & Apple has Quality Workmen's Ship.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Pssshh, IBM Compatible (DOS), FTW!!! ;-). Floppy Disk, baby!
    5 1/4" floppy disks.

Don't get me Wrong Windows isn't a POS OS it's just they add too much Crude when you don't really need alot of it. But hten Price wise, Mac OS is like $20 verses $100+ starting. Sure Windows has TON'S on Computers in Various Price Ranges, but as for me it's about Quality not Quantity, & Apple has Quality Workmen's Ship.
    $20 for Mac OS + $1,200 for the laptop.

$200 for Windows OS + $800 for the laptop.

$1,220 Mac vs $1,000 PC.
    Last edited by vinaygoel2000; 07-03-2013 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    5 1/4" floppy disks.
    How about 8" floppy disks!

When it comes to servers and networking, Windows is the way to go. I have worked with OSX servers and we had multiple hardware failures per server. Even the Apple engineer who came out to solve our problems said that OS X is not as polished as Windows.
    Last edited by Perceptum; 07-03-2013 at 02:20 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Perceptum View Post
    How about 8" floppy disks!

When it comes to servers and networking, Windows is the way to go. I have worked with OSX servers and we had multiple hardware failures per server. Even the Apple engineer who came out to solve our problems said that OS X is not as polished as Windows.
    I could see that. Mac is for simplicity. PC is for business. Each have their advantages and disadvantages

Thanks

I actually really like windows 8's core OS but not a big fan of the stupid UI changes. Windows 8 performs great and I stay in the desktop 99.99999 percent of the time, just keeping everythign pinned to the start menu work for me. It's basically like leaving all the programs you used on your OSX Dock.

Thanks

I haven't used Win 8 since its official release. I used a Beta on the Samsung Slate about 1.5yrs ago and it was decent. I can't remember, though, if it uses the same Tab view like Win 7. If so, then that sux cuz I disliked that Windows went w/ that instead if showing me, easily, what was open.

Quote Originally Posted by Norb View Post
    I actually really like windows 8's core OS but not a big fan of the stupid UI changes. Windows 8 performs great and I stay in the desktop 99.99999 percent of the time, just keeping everythign pinned to the start menu work for me. It's basically like leaving all the programs you used on your OSX Dock.
    I would say a vast majority of people feel the same way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12