+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Foxconn Reveals iPhone-Compatible Smart Watch

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    Thanks

Default Foxconn Reveals iPhone-Compatible Smart Watch

Hon Hai Precision which is better known as Foxconn, recently revealed that it will be releasing a smart watch that can interface with Apple’s iPhone. The announcement was reported by Want China Times and comes during a time where rumors of such a device have been heavily speculated.

The product hasn’t been named yet but Foxconn outlined some of its features at a shareholders meeting. The device is said to have the ability to measure a user’s respiration and heartbeat as well as perform tasks such as checking phone calls and Facebook posts, all over a wireless interface. While not specified, the unit most likely sends data through the use of Bluetooth 4.0, which is a low-energy protocol used in many small form factor peripherals. According to Hon Hai chairman, Terry Gou:

With such a device, you can keep your phone in your pocket and simply check all kinds of messages on your watch.
    Gou mentioned that the company is currently working with both communications and medical research groups to add features that may be of use to consumers, such as a fingerprint reader. The firm is currently looking to position the smart watch as an additional source of income as it slowly moves to market its own products.

The Cupertino California company is also rumored to be mulling an entry into the wearable computing sector with its own watch-like device, with some even speculating that the product will focus on biometrics. Nothing is concrete as of right now so we’ll just have to wait to see which speculated ideas come to fruition if any and which don’t.

Source: Want China Times

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Green Apple
    Thanks

Bluetooth 4.0? Oh boy, that means it's limited to the newest devices. Let the flaming begin...

Thanks

A middle man to your phone? I don't see the need..maybe a fitness band but this? Someone please convince me..

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Still waiting for apples official smart watch. Thought about buying a fitbit flex but just not worth it if Apple's gonna come out with their own.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mahboi View Post
    Bluetooth 4.0? Oh boy, that means it's limited to the newest devices. Let the flaming begin...
    Get real. It would obviously work with older devices but it would lose BT4.0's benefits.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple may be late to the watch game but they're perfecting their product and will release something incredible!