+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Supports Today's Landmark Supreme Court Ruling

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,471 Times in 558 Posts

Default Apple Supports Today's Landmark Supreme Court Ruling

Apple has come forward this afternoon to offer support for the U.S. Supreme Courts high profile 5-4 vote to eliminate the part of DOMA that precluded certain federal benefits to same-sex couples.

In effect, the high court handed a victory to same-sex couples in two significant cases. Federal benefits, for example, will now be awarded to gay couples.

Same-sex marriages will also be recognized now in the state of California.

Apple strongly supports marriage equality and we consider it a civil rights issue, Apple admitted in a statement to AllThingsD. We applaud the Supreme Court for its decisions today.

Apple, as MMi previously reported, was among a coalition of major corporations that united in hopes of encouraging the Supreme Court to rule the way it did Wednesday.

Although Google hasnt issued a formal comment yet, the search giant is covering its search box in supportive rainbow colors when relevant search terms like gay or lesbian are entered into the search field.

Source: AllThingsD

Banned
    Thanks

All that whining about "we don't wanna be treated different because we're gay/lesbian" blah blah blah. It wasn't about the MORALITY it was about MONEY!

iPhone? More like MyPhone DayumQuitPlayin's Avatar
    Thanks

A victory for civil rights.
    Today's a good day.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DayumQuitPlayin For This Useful Post:

petrusk (06-27-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Apple needs to keep outta crap like that and focus on more innovation.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hondamaker For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (06-26-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hondamaker View Post
    Apple needs to keep outta crap like that and focus on more innovation.
    +1, who cares! Make something cool instead!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 831 Posts

I'm all for gay people doing their gay things if it makes them feel better, but why should the federal government give benefits to gay couples? The only reason the federal government gives any kind of benefits to non-homosexual couples is because that couple can reproduce.

The government doesn't exist to make people equal. Same-sex couples are not equal to opposite sex couples.

No, I'm not anti-gay, I'm anti-government-doing-things-it-wasn't-designed-for.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    I'm all for gay people doing their gay things if it makes them feel better, but why should the federal government give benefits to gay couples? The only reason the federal government gives any kind of benefits to non-homosexual couples is because that couple can reproduce.

The government doesn't exist to make people equal. Same-sex couples are not equal to opposite sex couples.

Hahahaha! That's awesome!!!

BTW, just got into an argument w/ @chronic about the Death Penalty. He's gone down several notches in my book. Not that my book even matters to anyone! LOL!
    Last edited by thazsar; 06-26-2013 at 09:04 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Other than your obviously very creative brain, do you have anything to backup that claim? What about heterosexual couples that can't reproduce? Are they not eligible for the same benefits as couples that can procreate?

The government doesn't exist to make people equal, just to make sure that they have equal rights. You're obviously not anti-gay. After all, like you said, you're "all for gay people doing their gay things". If that's not the voice of supporter of gay rights, I don't know what is.

Thanks

SnapIt, Jahooba, you both are idiots.
    Last edited by DayumQuitPlayin; 06-26-2013 at 11:34 PM.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DayumQuitPlayin For This Useful Post:

dhamien (06-30-2013), novadam (06-27-2013), petrusk (06-27-2013)

What's Jailbreak? LatinKreationz's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DayumQuitPlayin View Post
    SnapIt, Jahooba, you both are idiots.
    Agreed!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to LatinKreationz For This Useful Post:

petrusk (06-27-2013)

Thanks

But #LoveisLove, right? Some people 'think' they love beasts or adolescent children. Its not their fault, they were born that way. So why can't they marry them; whats the difference? I assume, they want to be equal, too....

What's Jailbreak? LatinKreationz's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    But #LoveisLove, right? Some people 'think' they love beasts or adolescent children. Its not their fault, they were born that way. So why can't they marry them; whats the difference? I assume, they want to be equal, too....
    Umm there is a big difference. You're taking it to a whole different level.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LatinKreationz View Post
    Umm there is a big difference. You're taking it to a whole different level.
    Why is there a difference? Just curious 'what' you consider different...

Thanks

Why is there a difference? Just curious 'what' you consider different...
    Adult, psychologically capable humans are usually those who are understood to be able to consent. A child or animal can't sign for any other civil contract.

Just because something is seen as wrong doesn't mean it has to be illegal either. Typically laws are made about things that actually harm other people or even things that are considered animal cruelty (like sex without proper consent).
    Last edited by Zokunei; 06-27-2013 at 11:26 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    Adult, psychologically capable humans are usually those who are understood to be able to consent. A child or animal can't sign for any other civil contract.

Just because something is seen as wrong doesn't mean it has to be illegal either. Typically laws are made about things that actually harm other people (like sex without proper consent).
    Good point! Now what about consentual incest that are adults?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dranon's Avatar
    Thanks

I cant wait till all this crap is over and we can just treat people like people not what their orientation is. I mean if a guy wants to loe another guy why do YOU care let them be. If they want to get married SO WHAT they should enjoy the same benefits as any other married couple. WE ARE SUPPOSED TO FREE IN THIS COUNTRY not oppressed@! Now as for the lesbains well they just have to come to my bed for approval first so I can watch, no wat i mean...

Green Apple
    Thanks
    The only reason the federal government gives any kind of benefits to non-homosexual couples is because that couple can reproduce.
    <insert Spider-Man "this post gave me cancer" meme here>

1 USC § 7 - Definition of “marriage” and “spouse” | Title 1 - General Provisions | U.S. Code | LII / Legal Information Institute

Note that this is the DOMA version of the federal government's definition of marriage. Note that reproduction isn't mentioned anywhere in that definition.

No, I'm not anti-gay
    Clearly:

Same-sex couples are not equal to opposite sex couples.
    Good point! Now what about consentual incest that are adults?
    Cousin marriage law in the United States by state - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As for something like siblings, there is a practical reason for disallowing it. Given the geometric increase of the human population, I don't think you can claim that the ability to reproduce as a couple is a practical reason for disallowing same sex marriage.
    Last edited by td1439; 06-27-2013 at 06:23 PM.

Thanks

^
    I said nothing about disallowing gay marriage. I was merely picking people's brains to get their POV.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Because they cannot legally consent. That's why.

I see. So once a married couple is beyond child bearing age, we stop conferring the benefits on them that are conferred on those of child bearing age?

congrats on making the dumbest post I've ever read on this site.
    Last edited by novadam; 06-27-2013 at 08:36 PM.

Thanks

Lord forgive them, for they know not what they say. I hope hell (if it does exist) doesn't have a VIP section for the dumb and dimwitted, otherwise it would have to be expanded with the hard labor of those souls already damned to regret their words and actions against their fellow brethren. /s