+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sony Unveils Smartwatch 2

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Sony has officially unwrapped its new Android-powered Smartwatch 2. As rumors abound that Apple will soon launch an iOS-powered smartwatch (iWatch) to compete in this potentially lucrative new product category
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Sony Unveils Smartwatch 2

Sony has officially unwrapped its new Android-powered Smartwatch 2.

As rumors abound that Apple will soon launch an iOS-powered smartwatch (iWatch) to compete in this potentially lucrative new product category of wearable computing devices, Sony isn't waiting to see what the competition is up to before refreshing its nascent line of smartwatches.

Sony SmartWatch 2 is a second screen for your Android smartphone that, as well as enhancing existing phone functionality, offers unique new benefits.
    Sony says the new device serves as a multi-functional watch, notifier, Android app interface and phone remote control. "App expandability is key to Sony SmartWatch 2," the company says. "It can be personalized with more dedicated apps than any other smartwatch* to seamlessly suit your needs, whether you are on the go, keeping active, in business meetings or simply at home."

The advertised features include:

• Handle your calls by a simple touch of your wrist
    • Take a photo remotely from your SmartWatch, using a smart camera app
    • Control your presentations remotely using Presentation Pal
    • Taking a run or on the bike? Select a mapping app on SmartWatch to check your route with a quick glance at your wrist
    • Read previously downloaded e-mails when not connected to your phone
    • Use lifestyle apps like Runtastic to map and instantly track your fitness activities on the go
    • Quickly and easily adjust the tracks and volume on your music player, without ever taking your phone from your pocket

"Sony is the proud leader in the smartwatch market since introducing our first Bluetooth watch in 2007," says Stefan K Persson, Head of Companion Products at Sony Mobile Communications. "Competitors are only now launching first generation devices, while we are already launching a 3rd generation device with all the insight gained from over half a million customers combined with Sony's wealth of technology expertise to create the best ever smartwatch experience."

Source: Sony

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Michael Essany For This Useful Post:

shadow2388 (06-25-2013)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Blah....

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,062 Times in 4,204 Posts

I like it different

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stolenpentium View Post
    Blah....
    This will flop big time since it is running Android just saying look at how unstable the phones are.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tridley68 For This Useful Post:

thefinalhack (06-25-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,752 Times in 890 Posts

I would like it if it didn't have the massive Sony on the front....

They should've come up with a new brand just for their watches.
    Last edited by KraXik; 06-25-2013 at 01:39 PM.

Thanks

Can't wait for samsungs version. I bet it'll have a much bigger screen...

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bmwraw8482 For This Useful Post:

bisayakid07 (06-25-2013), Mohit555 (06-26-2013), quidam_brujah (06-25-2013), Rcworship (06-25-2013), slim.jim (06-25-2013)

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,329 Times in 723 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bmwraw8482 View Post
    Can't wait for samsungs version. I bet it'll have a much bigger screen...
    Ha ha ha

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,608 Times in 667 Posts

Totally useless LMAO!!!!! Why get this when you have a smart phone on ya? Can't imagine trying to read a article or a email from that little screen.

iPhone? More like MyPhone buttamix's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    I would like it if it didn't have the massive Sony on the front....

They should've come up with a new brand just for their watches.
    Yeah totally!!! Now if it had the bitten apple i would be all over it

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tridley68 View Post
    This will flop big time since it is running Android just saying look at how unstable the phones are.
    i've had plenty of android phones (used to have iphones prior..still own an ipad 2) I don't know what android phones you're looking at..I've never had a problem with stability. I've had the Captivate , Inspire 4g , Infuse 4g and my current note 1. All were and are stable as can be.

Thanks

LMAO!!!! This is a Joke right?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Rumours abound alright....if you only read MMi.
    At least people will have a much more difficult job arguing that Apple invented the Smart Watch. I mean, they argue they invented things that existing long before Apple thought up of any product, but they'll argue none the less.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I find it funny that people do not mention nano with watchband that lasts a few hours is a joke, but a watch that actually designed to be a watch with more functions and last longer is a joke...
    For me a watch is more than just a watch it is also an accessory, do not see myself taking a Tag Heuer off to put on a Sony or Apple watch. To me these are just novelty watches like the calculator watches back in the 80's (people spell 55378008 for fun) or even older than that the D!ck Tracy watch.
    Last edited by unison999; 06-25-2013 at 03:42 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

I didn't even know they had a watch out....

Thanks

Look at that Facebook app. What a joke.

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,329 Times in 723 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    Look at that Facebook app. What a joke.
    +1

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tridley68 View Post
    dear troll. try again. iOS runs on just 17% of the worlds smart phones and there's a good reason for that. in addition, apple will one again find itself on the outside looking in and desperately trying to play catch up.

PS. Im sure you're more than excited to see all those longtime Android stock features make their way over to iOS.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    dear troll. try again. iOS runs on just 17% of the worlds smart phones and there's a good reason for that. in addition, apple will one again find itself on the outside looking in and desperately trying to play catch up.

PS. Im sure you're more than excited to see all those longtime Android stock features make their way over to iOS.
    You do realize that over 60% percent of Android users are on a version that is nearly 3yrs old. While over 90% of iOS users are on the most recent. While they are finally getting their act together in bringing certain functionality features they have been lacking, the fact that they allow nearly every new software to be used on many old devices. While not all features are there some are. The 3GS will be left out of iOS 7, but the iPad 2 will get some. Most models of Android phones are not able to be upgraded. The only reason that Android has a bigger market share is because it is in tons of plastic boxes from different manufacturers. If Google only made the hardware for their software, and Samsung, HTC, and others didn't have access to it, Apple would have that market share. I'd rather have iOS 7 on my iPad 2, then buy something that I can never upgrade, and get at least a few features. Another thing is that Apple doesn't allow phone carrier networks to add their bloat ware, and since its closed there are no viruses in the App Store, just a few weeks ago a malware app called 'Bad Piggies' was in the Google Play store, that's ridiculous. Since they make the hardware I don't have to worry about bloat ware features like on other handsets, Samsung adds tons to Android, as do other phone makers.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to dpacemaker For This Useful Post:

quidam_brujah (06-25-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post

So, one manufacturer produces 17% of the smart phones in the world. And how many other manufacturers are required to produce the other 83%? So, what is the good reason for that?

Had you specifically mentioned Samsung at 30 something percent, that would have been more impressive.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by quidam_brujah View Post
    So, one manufacturer produces 17% of the smart phones in the world. And how many other manufacturers are required to produce the other 83%? So, what is the good reason for that?

Had you specifically mentioned Samsung at 30 something percent, that would have been more impressive.
    Even if they are at 30%, retailers still have to bribe people with gift cards to sell them. Best Buy is currently offering a gift card when you buy a Samsung device.