+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Theatrical Trailer for "Jobs" Movie Makes its Debut

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    Thanks

Default Theatrical Trailer for "Jobs" Movie Makes its Debut

The theatrical trailer for the Steve Jobs biopic titled “Jobs,” has been released, giving viewers a closer look at Ashton Kutcher in the title role, as well as a better sense of the span of the film. This trailer is the longest look viewers have gotten to date at Kutcher as Jobs in the controversial film. The film was originally set to open in theaters this past April but has been slated for a release on August 16 now. Those of you interested in watching the video can do so below:

For those of you who didn’t know, “Jobs” is one of two pictures based on the life of the Apple co-founder. The other, to be penned by “The Social Network” scribe Aaron Sorkin, who describes his film as “a play in three scenes” in real-time backstage footage at different Apple product launches. “Jobs” on the other hand, spans much of the life of the late Apple icon. The theatrical trailer shows the movie going from at least the development of the personal computer on through the debut of the iPod, with Kutcher acting as Jobs.

The Kutcher film, which also stars Josh Gad in the role of Steve Wozniak, has come under criticism since it was announced. Kutcher finally said that he believed the role of Jobs was meant for him and he called the script “award worthy.” Unfortunately, when early footage emerged, Steve Wozniak said the portrayal of Jobs was “so far from anything that really happened” that the Apple co-founder would have been “offended and embarrassed.”

Both Kutcher and Gad appeared at this year’s Macworld conference to discuss the film and perhaps do damage control for Wozniak’s comments. They said that their work was done with the “utmost love, admiration, and respect.”

Source: YouTube

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Banned
    Thanks

Meh, it's all about Pirates of Silicon Valley

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SnapIt For This Useful Post:

znbl (06-24-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 860 Posts

Might be cheesy but I'm gonna watch it! Looking forward to this

5. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

iH85CH001 (06-22-2013)

Thanks

It looks better than what i expected... Looking forward to it...

iPhone? More like MyPhone DayumQuitPlayin's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmmm looks interesting. I'm gonna go see it

Thanks

I'll definitely check it out...but will probably wait 'til it's available online or at Redbox. With two kids under 4 years old I hardly have time to go to a theater, and a babysitter turns a $20 movie adventure into at least a $50 one....and I'm not paying $50 to watch it!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SnapIt View Post
    Meh, it's all about Pirates of Silicon Valley
    Exactly. This movie feel rather redundant, in that Pirates of Silicon Valley already covered everything this movie seems to be showing, albeit this new film does seem to go further into the era after Jobs returned to Apple, something PoSV couldn't do given when it was made, but that era isn't much of a mystery. But everything about how Apple got started as well as Job's private life, etc was covered, and from what I can tell from this tailor, I think PoSV also has better castings for those respective parts. I just can't help feeling like this film was made more to cash in on Jobs then anything else.