+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What Are Facebook and Samsung Up To?

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
In what is perhaps best described as a meeting of powerhouses, Mark Zuckerberg, chief executive officer of Facebook Inc., was photographed in recent hours greeting Lee Don Joo, president of
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 565 Posts

Default What Are Facebook and Samsung Up To?

In what is perhaps best described as a meeting of powerhouses, Mark Zuckerberg, chief executive officer of Facebook Inc., was photographed in recent hours greeting Lee Don Joo, president of sales and marketing of the mobile communications division at Samsung Electronics Co.

The meeting took place at Samsung's Seocho office building in Seoul, South Korea.

Although initial speculation suggested that Facebook and Samsung are teaming up for a mobile device that could give Apple and other leading mobile hardware makers something to be nervous about, we're told Zuckerberg is primarily interested in new ways of boosting advertising sales from mobile devices.

Behind closed doors, the executives from both companies sat down to discuss a variety of "potential partnerships."

Facebook doesn’t have any comment on Zuckerberg’s trip, said Seikyu Hong, who represents the company in Seoul.
    It goes without saying that we are presently awash with more questions than answers. But it shouldn't come as a surprise that Facebook and Samsung are communicating. Facebook, after all, is the world’s most popular social-networking site and wants users to spend more time engaged with Facebook on mobile devices. And Samsung is the world’s largest manufacturer of smartphones. Sounds like a match made in mobile heaven.

Source: Bloomberg

Thanks

My only question is, who's the menacing dude in the back? Is zuck afraid of getting jumped in Korea?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

^^I was going to say the same thing!!
    For a guy worth billions, that is a lot of incentive for someone to try something...

iPhone? More like MyPhone StuG III's Avatar
    Thanks

He dresses out of place.

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,334 Times in 728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by i113 View Post
    My only question is, who's the menacing dude in the back? Is zuck afraid of getting jumped in Korea?
    Looks like someone from Bourne identity that Matt Damon needs to kill lmao