+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Chitika: iOS 7 Beta Adoption is Remarkable

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Following its release to developers less than one week ago, compatible iDevices running iOS 7 beta are already claiming an impressive percentage of all iPhone and iPod touch traffic (in
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default Chitika: iOS 7 Beta Adoption is Remarkable

Following its release to developers less than one week ago, compatible iDevices running iOS 7 beta are already claiming an impressive percentage of all iPhone and iPod touch traffic (in the U.S.) on the Chitika ad network.

The above graphic from Chitika shows that, since Monday, iOS 7 beta adoption has surged to such a degree that it's already powering 0.22% of mobile devices measured across the Chitika network. By this time last year after the WWDC keynote, iOS 6 beta was only generating 0.11 percent of traffic.

"The more radical design change, and its potential impact on existing applications, could be driving this behavior," Chitika said Friday, drawing further emphasis to the mad dash among developers to dive into iOS7 beta. "Alternatively, the new interface could be spurring users to browse more frequently."

For comparison, while we previously observed users of the iOS 6 beta generating 0.11% of all iOS traffic following the third beta release on July 16, 2012, iOS 7 users are already responsible for 0.22% of all North American Web traffic from compatible devices two days after its initial release. However, it is worth noting that the third iteration of the iOS 6 beta was available on some iPad models, specifically version two and above.
    Despite some initial backlash from developers about the design of iOS 7, Chitika says, the traffic from users of the OS continues to climb and it's poised to stay this course through the official release of iOS 7 later this year.

Source: Chitika

iPhone? More like MyPhone jwil736's Avatar
    Thanks

This couldn't be from not requiring UDID registrations... :P

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jwil736 For This Useful Post:

iH85CH001 (06-15-2013)

Thanks

Do you think apple did it on purpose as its such a big move they wanted some proper testing? They knew the jb community would jump on it and post their thoughts before it gets released to general public.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Airwaves182's Avatar
    Thanks

Will there be a beta for the ipad mini? I'd like to try it on that cause my iPhone is jailbroken

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves182 View Post
    Will there be a beta for the ipad mini? I'd like to try it on that cause my iPhone is jailbroken
    The iPad betas are supposed to be released soon but it could be a few weeks.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to slim.jim For This Useful Post:

Airwaves182 (06-14-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by se23 View Post
    Do you think apple did it on purpose as its such a big move they wanted some proper testing? They knew the jb community would jump on it and post their thoughts before it gets released to general public.
    Most definitely did it on purpose. This was too radical of a change they want as many testers as possible.

iPhone? More like MyPhone shigh's Avatar
    Thanks

I found inverting the colors makes the colors less harsh on ios 7

iPhone? More like MyPhone Italia411's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm not giving up my jailbreak for iOS 7, 8, 9 or 10. I won't update until iOS 7 is jailbroke. We waited forever for iOS 6 to be jailbroke which was a great lesson to me. I will buy the 5S or what ever apple releases in fall, but it will sit in the box until its jailbroke.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Ryaninfg's Avatar
    Thanks

Downloaded iOS 7, since I couldn't jailbreak my iPhone 5 6.1.3, and I'm loving it! The you is amazing and all the new features are very responsive. Can't imagine there will be many more betas until it's released publicly.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh they need to release more betas. To many bugs for me on my iPhone 4s.

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,850 Times in 857 Posts

As I recall, they weren't requiring UDID for iOS 6, either. Several of us were able to use the GM w/out the UDID. Am I confused?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    As I recall, they weren't requiring UDID for iOS 6, either. Several of us were able to use the GM w/out the UDID. Am I confused?
    The GM never required a registration. Just the betas.

*T*
    Thanks

I hate when people say things like this. APPLE DOES NOT CARE ABOUT THE JAILBREAK COMMUNITY.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to *T* For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (06-15-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by *T* View Post
    I hate when people say things like this. APPLE DOES NOT CARE ABOUT THE JAILBREAK COMMUNITY.
    I hate when people say this seeings as ios7 was a direct reflection of jailbreak tweaks. Just sayin.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by *T* View Post
    The jailbreak community are more valuable to apple than you think my friend!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,852 Times in 883 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jwil736 View Post
    I hate when people say this seeings as ios7 was a direct reflection of jailbreak tweaks. Just sayin.
    Lol yea because jailbreak devs didn't get there own ideas from other platforms right? Do some research. Jail breakers are less than 10 percent of the iOS population.

Some features of technology are just because of trend of use. All industries feed off competitors, and everyone takes ideas from each other.

The jailbreak community are more valuable to apple than you think my friend!
    Don't be fooled. Just because your in a thread of people that love to jailbreak, does not mean that the JB scene is that big. Sure there are millions of Jb devices. But there are hundreds of million of devices in total.

The only thing that is valuable about the JB community is the hackers find their weaknesses that they can't and allow them to be fixed to prevent jail breaking
    Last edited by subywrex; 06-16-2013 at 01:40 AM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to subywrex For This Useful Post:

vinaygoel2000 (06-16-2013)

Thanks

To me iOS 7 is comparable to a jailbreak. It has many of the tweaks we have all come to love. A form of SBSettings is now there, Access to notifications via lock screen, more gesture based navigation, new UI..while its not a full blow JB(obviously) it is reminiscent of some of the tweaks I always use when i do JB. With that being said, I can't wait to see the new JB's for iOS 7..going to be awesome!

Thanks

Don't be fooled. Just because your in a thread of people that love to jailbreak, does not mean that the JB scene is that big. Sure there are millions of Jb devices. But there are hundreds of million of devices in total.

The only thing that is valuable about the JB community is the hackers find their weaknesses that they can't and allow them to be fixed to prevent jail breaking[/QUOTE]

Did I say it was massive compared to normal iOS user's? A couple of million is a big R&D team.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,852 Times in 883 Posts

The only thing that is valuable about the JB community is the hackers find their weaknesses that they can't and allow them to be fixed to prevent jail breaking
    Did I say it was massive compared to normal iOS user's? A couple of million is a big R&D team.[/QUOTE]

A couple million is big on its on. But not when compared to 100's of millions. You need to look at it In perspective. Does the 10 percent or less that jailbreak really make a good group of people to target to test a product?

Think about it. Apple hates jail breaking, why would they want a bunch of people who are against their views to be helping.

Also, most jail breakers don't want to try betas because they lose their jailbreak.

Developer previews are for developers to preview and start testing their apps on the next IS before its released.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Are peeps assuming that Apple staff/ devs that write the OS are dummies that can't find flaws & faults in their own software ????
    Apple needs the jb community just like the community needs to jb !!!!